Livingston - all the threads merged

Yeah Mullin isn't exactly ripping it up in the Championsip for Accies, so getting less and less bothered if he comes back or not. Williamson hasn't shown anything that makes me want us to keep him the full season either, not sure about Lewis, but would rather have players sticking out like Meonga and Bailey have, you can see those two are first team starters, and deserve to be there.
If we can win on Sat and get up to 8th place, we've maybe a chance of getting near the top 6 by xmas, then Jan signings and returning loan players like Nouble, maybe Poplatnik too, could make all the difference in us nicking 6th place. Amazing how one good performance gets your hopes up eh.[emoji1787]
I'd put poplatnik in the same bracket as Mullin...doubt he'll be back. Nouble is a no trainer though

As good as he was for us, I won't take Lawless back. He's hardly kicked a ball for two years, and wouldn't have Dykes to play it to.

We're playing best with dynamic wingers (Bailey/Forrest/Montano) in a front three and I can't see how Lawless fits into a system that a similar player in Josh Mullin was loaned out from. On top of that, we already have Montano, Forrest, and Bailey plus Shinnie and Penrice who can play out wide, plus Mullin and Nouble out on loan. Given the abundance of CMs we have even Sibbald might find himself back at RW.

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Yeah Mullin isn't exactly ripping it up in the Championsip for Accies, so getting less and less bothered if he comes back or not. Williamson hasn't shown anything that makes me want us to keep him the full season either, not sure about Lewis, but would rather have players sticking out like Meonga and Bailey have, you can see those two are first team starters, and deserve to be there.
If we can win on Sat and get up to 8th place, we've maybe a chance of getting near the top 6 by xmas, then Jan signings and returning loan players like Nouble, maybe Poplatnik too, could make all the difference in us nicking 6th place. Amazing how one good performance gets your hopes up eh.emoji1787.png

I'd put poplatnik in the same bracket as Mullin...doubt he'll be back. Nouble is a no trainer though

Suppose it depends on how many goals Poplatnik can score by Jan, he'd be a useful squad player to come on as a sub, looks like Raith think so too. If he can have an impact on games from the bench then i'd want him back.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Lawless training with Livi confirmed now

Tweeting a picture and quickly deleting it was impressive 

Tbf this works pretty well for us. Gives us a chance to look at him until January, and if he's still got it and we need him then we can sign him up then. If spending a year on the bench has messed him up, then we can give him our best wishes and move on

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Tweeting a picture and quickly deleting it was impressive 

Tbf this works pretty well for us. Gives us a chance to look at him until January, and if he's still got it and we need him then we can sign him up then. If spending a year on the bench has messed him up, then we can give him our best wishes and move on

Someone at the club had a bit of a 'mare :D 

I'm not bothered either way what happens with him, if he signs then fair enough, if not then fair enough. 

I can see him going to someone like Partick or Falkirk

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Someone at the club had a bit of a 'mare :D 

I'm not bothered either way what happens with him, if he signs then fair enough, if not then fair enough. 

I can see him going to someone like Partick or Falkirk

Partick would be a good move for him, they look impressive in attack, and could get up through the play offs.

Still wouldn't mind him signing for us though, reckon we will have a really good 2nd half of the season with  Nouble coming back from his loan at Arbroath, maybe even Poplatnik and Mullin depending how they're doing, and some new signings, Martindale mentioned getting 3 in. Plus the team being stronger playing together by then too.

Fitzwater has come out the shadow of Guthrie and is starting to show his quality. Some great distribution from the back and definitely the more solid of the centre backs. Will be a miss for us, if he's out for Wednesday.

Hopefully Parkes' experience will help Obileye through the game, if Fitzwater is out.

Just hope the 2 of them aren't out, that looked a sore one Obileye got after the poor pass back from Williamson. He'll be feeling it today.  

Omeonga too coming off dazed will be a miss on Wed night, just don't rate Williamson defensively in midfield. Beginning to lose hope of Montana coming good, looking the weakest link in our starting line ups against St Johnstone and County, and that was with Kelly in the team yesterday. Only use he has is for high balls hit up the wing, but would start Forrest against Utd, and bring Kabia on later in the game. Hoping Sibbald will get some game time too.

30 minutes ago, Jnels said:

just hope we don't play Kelly again, that ross count winger had him on the ropes the full game , he may have got one assist but he was getting skinned the full game 

Think a lot of full backs would have struggled against those two, to be fair.

The one positive I'd say for Kelly after the County game is that he seems to have a decent delivery on him. Wasn't confident with his defending at any point though and the penalty kind of justifies that, silly foul to give away.

If he happens to be on the pitch when we switch to our back 3 on ~75 minutes (unpredictably mixing things up the same way every week), I think I'd prefer him out as a wing back than anywhere in the back 3.

The one positive I'd say for Kelly after the County game is that he seems to have a decent delivery on him. Wasn't confident with his defending at any point though and the penalty kind of justifies that, silly foul to give away.
If he happens to be on the pitch when we switch to our back 3 on ~75 minutes (unpredictably mixing things up the same way every week), I think I'd prefer him out as a wing back than anywhere in the back 3.
Perhaps with time and match fitness he'll be fine....he's played very little football and we're a tough team to fit into if a player isn't in top condition

Perhaps with time and match fitness he'll be fine....he's played very little football and we're a tough team to fit into if a player isn't in top condition
Also hasn't played premiership football for a number of years. And was a poor player in a poor failkirk team.

Great delivery for Andersons goal, but won't be first choice by any means.