Livingston - all the threads merged

Hype, lol. You spoke utter shit end off!! The 1st part of your post was spot on, he is a wee ***, keep to the facts you know, and don’t make shit up. As I said if he had done any of what you said then he would never be near the club again
That you J. Domingo?

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I reckon Brum will keep him with us for the season, they'll value the development. A few Livi fans getting antsy thinking we could sign him on a free ffs :D I'm excited for Kabia coming back though, he looked shit hot at the start before his injury. 

Lawless would want a decent wage, take that and use it on a CB and we're fine. We need to start getting Ayo into CDM and get the best out of him. Although I'm not sure he gets in ahead of Holt atm

Aye, even with Parkes being back, i just don't rate Kelly as a CB for cover, we're still a CB short, doesn't look like we'll sign one though. Would be great seeing Ayo playing as a DM too, yep, Queen's fans all said that was his best position. Hopefully when Parkes is fully fit he'll be decent enough to come into our defence and allow Ayo to move into midfield.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye, even with Parkes being back, i just don't rate Kelly as a CB for cover, we're still a CB short, doesn't look like we'll sign one though. Would be great seeing Ayo playing as a DM too, yep, Queen's fans all said that was his best position. Hopefully when Parkes is fully fit he'll be decent enough to come into our defence and allow Ayo to move into midfield.

Paul Watson left Dunfermline by mutual consent, few of them saying he was their best CB. Fell out with Peter Grant, now I'm not saying we go and sign up Watson to come back, but is he better than Sean Kelly is, as a backup?

Paul Watson left Dunfermline by mutual consent, few of them saying he was their best CB. Fell out with Peter Grant, now I'm not saying we go and sign up Watson to come back, but is he better than Sean Kelly is, as a backup?
Watson would be a shout but if I remember right he didn't leave on the best terms

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Watson would be a shout but if I remember right he didn't leave on the best terms

Can't remember there being any bad feeling with Watson, not until he started being a pr!ck trying to wind up the Livi fans, think he was at Raith at the time, then got pelters from our support slagging him. Seems to be a lower league Championship journeyman now, might be ok as a back up though, and yep, def would be better than Kelly.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah I think there was someone on here years back with a story of him and Joe McKee talking shite about Livi on a night out when both were at Falkirk

27 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can't remember there being any bad feeling with Watson, not until he started being a pr!ck trying to wind up the Livi fans, think he was at Raith at the time, then got pelters from our support slagging him. Seems to be a lower league Championship journeyman now, might be ok as a back up though, and yep, def would be better than Kelly.

Yes; think he left on okay terms. Credibility took a nose dive following the celebration with Chump Elliott after successfully feigning injury to get Danny Denholm sent off at Raith.

After that he sort of backtracked and seemed to want to repair bridges including staying back to celebrate a player award at the Vale and turning up for Jacobs testimonial.

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Yes; think he left on okay terms. Credibility took a nose dive following the celebration with Chump Elliott after successfully feigning injury to get Danny Denholm sent off at Raith.

After that he sort of backtracked and seemed to want to repair bridges including staying back to celebrate a player award at the Vale and turning up for Jacobs testimonial.

That's the incident yep, better memory than me there Durnford, i remember it now.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

now I'm not saying we go and sign up Watson to come back, but is he better than Sean Kelly is, as a backup?

100%. Was a capable player when he was with us and appears to have been one of the better centre backs at that level for a while now.

7 hours ago, Durnford said:

As a separate item does anyone know if we've started running buses to away games again yet?

I popped on the old website but it doesnt seem to have been updated for the last 18 months.#

Maybe Orco would know, she goes to all the away games, or used to before covid stopped everything. Or the FB page, either the fans one or the official one, the official one would have the SLO on it and def be able to tell you.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

If you had a choice of Bailey/Shinnie/Forrest/Lawless and you had to leave one out I'd say it's fairly clear who'd get punted

I'd be punting Forrest from this list. Of the 4, Lawless achieved more here than any of them. Admittedly he's not been great since, but I'd still happily have him back.

I'd take Watson over Kelly too, although Kelly isn't going anywhere so I guess it's kinda moot.

Wonder what our best XI would be this season, i'd def want Anderson up front, and Bailey in an attacking mid 3, here's where it gets tricky for me though, a fully fit Sibbald would be a must, imo he's our best player, but a fully fit Shinnie would be there too, and i like Forrest, and can't leave out Pittman, not when he's looking back to his old self, but they can't all play.

Back line is pretty easy,

Stryjek 

Devlin            Fitzwater             Obileye             Longridge

Holt                    Omeonga

Bailey               Pittman             Sibbald

Anderson

Was pretty easy up till Holt & Omeonga, problem really comes when deciding on leaving out Shinnie, but Pittman is just such a solid player when he's anywhere near his best, complete pest relentlessly pressing players, and pops up in the box to score goals, just can't leave him out. Same with Sibbald, as much as i'd like to play Forrest, or even Kabia, Sibbs is absolute class when on form.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

FWIW...

GK

Devlin - Parkes - Fitzwater - Montano

Obileye - Holt

Bailey - Shinnie - Forrest

Hamilton

Is how my experiment at finding teams strongest line up goes. But it includes games last season which might be boosting Parkes/Montano/Shinnie and is 100% boosting Hamilton due to his loan.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I'd be punting Forrest from this list. Of the 4, Lawless achieved more here than any of them. Admittedly he's not been great since, but I'd still happily have him back.

I'd take Watson over Kelly too, although Kelly isn't going anywhere so I guess it's kinda moot.

As of January Kelly has 6 months left, I wouldn't bet against him taking up an offer elsewhere to get a longer deal.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW...

GK

Devlin - Parkes - Fitzwater - Montano

Obileye - Holt

Bailey - Shinnie - Forrest

Hamilton

Is how my experiment at finding teams strongest line up goes. But it includes games last season which might be boosting Parkes/Montano/Shinnie and is 100% boosting Hamilton due to his loan.

Seems pretty interesting, I'm hoping there's something in Parkes x Fitzwater. Montano is a very strange one, mainly because we haven't really tried him there. Longridge and Penrice look good at LB at this level. Longridge in particular has grown a lot in ability. It'd be very hard to drop Sibbald/Pittman/Omeonga too as all three are pretty incredible midfielders, but then again Holt and Shinnie are also phenomenal at this level. Obileye also has the makings of an undroppable talent in him. I'd agree with Bailey and Forrest on the wings, they look very dangerous as of late. 

We have a terrible problem of having about 6 or 7 midfielders who I believe are genuinely strong top 6 players, but we have 3 slots to fit them into. Provides great cover but no chance half of them are happy to sit and warm the bench. I'd imagine Omeonga didn't take an 11k pay cut to stick around on Livi's bench for about £500 a week to be fair though. Sibbald in the last year of his deal too is a concern. Bit of a juggle to keep them happy I imagine. 

Anderson looks like he's settling into first choice striker but has scary competition in Nouble come January (also how's his stats showing down there, I can imagine it's possibly a bit ridiculous?) whereas Hamilton's movement seems to be ruling him out of any chance with us. Too slow and lacks the ability to press defenders.

Come January we'll need to pick up a GK on loan as I imagine Barden possibly won't be back depending on how his treatment goes, but I don't think we're putting any pressure on him at all. I'd wonder if we maybe recall Schwake and let him get a bit of matchday experience on the bench. Although he's stormed into Edinburgh City's first team and been showing up well there.

Any one know who the Lazio defender is and about lawless I wouldn’t take him back he’s getting on plus we have josh Mullin coming back and Anderson could play on the wing if we recall nouble

Livingston running the rule over Norwich City youngster and former Lazio defender as David Martindale looks towards winter transfer window - Daily Record

a

6 minutes ago, Jnels said:

Any one know who the Lazio defender is and about lawless I wouldn’t take him back he’s getting on plus we have josh Mullin coming back and Anderson could play on the wing if we recall nouble

Livingston running the rule over Norwich City youngster and former Lazio defender as David Martindale looks towards winter transfer window - Daily Record

a

Wasn't Josh's loan a full season one? I don't see much point of Anderson on the wing, he's a natural finisher, he's a striker not a winger.

Ex-Lazio defender is Luis Pedro Cavanda I think, 2 caps for Belgium. Isak Thorvaldsson could be decent if it's a loan with a view to buying, or if Norwich will let him go for free. Luckily enough it's a club we have a strong relationship with lately too.

17 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Wasn't Josh's loan a full season one? I don't see much point of Anderson on the wing, he's a natural finisher, he's a striker not a winger.

Ex-Lazio defender is Luis Pedro Cavanda I think, 2 caps for Belgium. Isak Thorvaldsson could be decent if it's a loan with a view to buying, or if Norwich will let him go for free. Luckily enough it's a club we have a strong relationship with lately too.

ye Mullin is a full season, maybe if we sign lawless could be a 6 month with a extension don't see the point in signing another winger all ready got Kabia Forrest and montano, someone must be leaving if we sign another central midfielder all ready got loads no point in another unless someone leaves on loan  

ye Mullin is a full season, maybe if we sign lawless could be a 6 month with a extension don't see the point in signing another winger all ready got Kabia Forrest and montano, someone must be leaving if we sign another central midfielder all ready got loads no point in another unless someone leaves on loan  
Potentially it's Davie looking at next season. Marv won't play, Williamson and Lewis will return to their own teams and I can see Keaghan not having his contract renewed. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Josh Mullin in a Livi kit again

44 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Potentially it's Davie looking at next season. Marv won't play, Williamson and Lewis will return to their own teams and I can see Keaghan not having his contract renewed. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Josh Mullin in a Livi kit again

Yeah Mullin isn't exactly ripping it up in the Championsip for Accies, so getting less and less bothered if he comes back or not. Williamson hasn't shown anything that makes me want us to keep him the full season either, not sure about Lewis, but would rather have players sticking out like Meonga and Bailey have, you can see those two are first team starters, and deserve to be there.

If we can win on Sat and get up to 8th place, we've maybe a chance of getting near the top 6 by xmas, then Jan signings and returning loan players like Nouble, maybe Poplatnik too, could make all the difference in us nicking 6th place. Amazing how one good performance gets your hopes up eh.🤣