Livingston - all the threads merged

17 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Hopefully never.
Seems to have been dumped for constantly posting on his twitter about The Rangers.
Fans were really on his back about that.

Also - he's a waste of a wage.
1. We don't play wingers so what's the point in signing a winger?
2. He purposefully didn't do any training during the first lockdown to piss off Martindale. Then when his contract ran out, he tried to backtrack and begged for Martindale to put the original contract offer back on the table and we told him to beat it.
Thats why he signed down south, because Martindale warned the other Scottish clubs about his conduct.

The tl;dr version is that he was just a terrible fit for Motherwell. On every possible level.

For a bit more detail.

Spoiler

In fairness to Lawless, having a look at his Twitter timeline the "constantly Tweeting about Rangers" grievance is a bit misleading as there don't seem to be many that are explicitly about Rangers. There are enough 'likes' to mark him as an absolute c**t though. He seems quite anti-vaxxy.

There was one Tweet that got people bent out of shape though posted after Celtic dropped points but the main issue (in terms of the fans) was getting caught on camera at Ibrox during their game against Malmö.

He took a lot of flak and rather than take ownership of it he's been pass agg 'liking' posts about not being allowed to support another club and just generally acting the c**t.

Tbf, his card seems to have been marked since the start of the season. It looks like Alexander didn't trust him to start in the league (he only made two sub appearances totalling 25 mins) and didn't do much in the LC against lower league sides to change anyone's opinion of him.

The Malmö game he was caught at was 10th August. He played the LC game against Dundee on the 14th (which we lost) and that was that.

He was an unused sub against you lot on 24th August and didn't make a matchday squad after that.

By the end of play on Deadline Day Lawless was effectively 7th choice forward. Why that was (other than him being shite) is anyone's guess.

The 6 other forwards (Watt, Van Veen, Woolery, Roberts, Shields and Amaluzor) have all had game time since then. Lawless wasn't even in a squad. Going by a comment in the mentions of his termination he was at Firhill watching Thistle v Ayr when we were at Tynecastle so I'd guess his binning has been in the post for a while.

I get the impression that in terms of attitude he's not someone Alexander would be won over by and it's notable that there were no quotes from the manager in the news story about his binning and Burrows hasn't acknowledged it either. There are whispers that there are plenty around the club who are pleased he's fucked off.

In hindsight it seems clear that he wasn't an Alexander signing. Robinson resigned on 31st December, Alexander appointed 7th January and Lawless signed 15th January. He wanted to come back up the road and we were needing bodies in January...it was very much a signing of convenience.

If you haven't already seen them, the comments on the Twitter announcement of him having been binned are something else. The club ended up turning comments off on the Instagram post.

Fuckity bye Steven.

Edited by capt_oats

Formed a great partnership with Dykes, but don't know how he'd have done with us struggling for a goal scoring striker, may have been able to work well with Nouble in Jan, guess we'll never know though, as there seems too much baggage from the past relationship between him and Martindale.

Personally i liked him when he was at Livi, as i did Robbo, both did good jobs for us.

Yeah looks like it was diagnosed early, so hopefully it'll be ok.

My wife worked beside a guy whose 16 yo son died of that, he was too embarrassed to go see the doctor about it, and by the time it was diagnosed there was nothing they could do for him. Crying shame because it is a cancer that can be successfully treated when it's caught early.

On 14/10/2021 at 18:39, LogieLivi said:

Hopefully never.
Seems to have been dumped for constantly posting on his twitter about The Rangers.
Fans were really on his back about that.

Also - he's a waste of a wage.
1. We don't play wingers so what's the point in signing a winger?
2. He purposefully didn't do any training during the first lockdown to piss off Martindale. Then when his contract ran out, he tried to backtrack and begged for Martindale to put the original contract offer back on the table and we told him to beat it.
Thats why he signed down south, because Martindale warned the other Scottish clubs about his conduct.

Really? Well I’ve heard from a current employee of the club that martindale was the 1st to offer him training facilities when he left Motherwell. If true then most of your post is shit. 

Really? Well I’ve heard from a current employee of the club that martindale was the 1st to offer him training facilities when he left Motherwell. If true then most of your post is shit. 
Offering training facilities is different from wanting to offer a contract. Efe was training with us right up until he signed for St Johnstone and we had zero intention of offering him a deal

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lawless ended up back here in January. I'd take him in a heartbeat as well, he was great with us. Sometimes players just fit into particular clubs and setups.

He was a good winger and set piece taker but dreadful as a false number nine and was fairly poor at tracking back to defend.

6 hours ago, LogieLivi said:
7 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
Offering training facilities is different from wanting to offer a contract. Efe was training with us right up until he signed for St Johnstone and we had zero intention of offering him a deal

This ^

The 1st part of logie livi post was correct, the 2nd part was total shit. Martindale likes the player and didn’t fall out and he seemingly didn’t refuse to train. If he did dont think Davy would entertain him again

17 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

If you had a choice of Bailey/Shinnie/Forrest/Lawless and you had to leave one out I'd say it's fairly clear who'd get punted

Kabia too, he hasn't really had a run of games to see what he can do, but looks a right pest from what we've seen of him, and is certainly a good looking prospect. 

On how Lawless played the last time he was here i'd put right up there, but on current form and not knowing how he'd do, he'd have to come from behind and prove himself. Wouldn't write him off without giving him a chance though.

If Bailey keeps on improving we could lose him back to Birmingham in January, their fans were all over twitter wanting him back there after seeing his goal put up. I think there is a lot more to come from him too, now he's finally scored i reckon we'll get a few more goals from him. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

16 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Kabia too, he hasn't really had a run of games to see what he can do, but looks a right pest from what we've seen of him, and is certainly a good looking prospect. 

On how Lawless played the last time he was here i'd put right up there, but on current form and not knowing how he'd do, he'd have to come from behind and prove himself. Wouldn't write him off without giving him a chance though.

If Bailey keeps on improving we could lose him back to Birmingham in January, their fans were all over twitter wanting him back there after seeing his goal put up. I think there is a lot more to come from him too, now he's finally scored i reckon we'll get a few more goals from him. 

I reckon Brum will keep him with us for the season, they'll value the development. A few Livi fans getting antsy thinking we could sign him on a free ffs :D I'm excited for Kabia coming back though, he looked shit hot at the start before his injury. 

Lawless would want a decent wage, take that and use it on a CB and we're fine. We need to start getting Ayo into CDM and get the best out of him. Although I'm not sure he gets in ahead of Holt atm

Edited by ATLIS

The 1st part of logie livi post was correct, the 2nd part was total shit. Martindale likes the player and didn’t fall out and he seemingly didn’t refuse to train. If he did dont think Davy would entertain him again
Believe your own hype. Helps to know people at the club matey!

7 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
1 hour ago, True Dat said:

Believe your own hype. Helps to know people at the club matey!

Hype, lol. You spoke utter shit end off!! The 1st part of your post was spot on, he is a wee ***, keep to the facts you know, and don’t make shit up. As I said if he had done any of what you said then he would never be near the club again

Hype, lol. You spoke utter shit end off!! The 1st part of your post was spot on, he is a wee ***, keep to the facts you know, and don’t make shit up. As I said if he had done any of what you said then he would never be near the club again
Trust me, its true.

1 hour ago, True Dat said:

Another fresh account set up to talk shite. f**k off mate :D