Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:
Just going to green dot all your posts today.
100% agree with this. Longridge looked capable in a back 3 towards the end of last season. Would have to be very last resort but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him in a back 4 at LCB than Kelly. Problem is that Penrice doesn't look great at left back, so you would need better cover there as well. 

Even Jack McMillan in a back 3 is an option. He's played CB a few times out on loan. His experience at left back for us would stand him in good stead to play left side of a 3 too

Could be an interesting thing to try, I could see it working

Max

Fitz Obileye Longridge

Devlin Sibbald Holt Penrice

Pittman

Shinnie Anderson

With McMillan sitting on the bench able to play in 8 of those positions

29 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Max

Fitz Obileye Longridge

Pittman

Shinnie Anderson

Would definitely be interested in seeing us go with something like that, then you've still got Omeonga who (so far) looks like he could be a big player for us.

31 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Max

Fitz Obileye Longridge

Pittman

Shinnie Anderson

Hamilton/Panayiotou instead of Anderson and you've sold me.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've not seen him for Livingston, but I think Obileye struggled as a CB for QOS last season. Best games came as a DM.

He hasn't struggled there with us, had a brain fart passing across the back line but so has Fitzwater, and Stryjek had one passing to Morelos, he's looked the most solid in our defence. Generally clears anything in the air too. Would love to see him playing as a DM though, can see how he'd excel there, making our defence a lot better by protecting them.

I see Celtic are demanding Aberdeen find and punish the fan who threw something at Kyogo last weekend...how many things were thrown at Shinnie by Celtic fans when he scored against them? Other players had things thrown at them while taking corners too yet....silence

5 hours ago, Durnford said:

Congrats to Joel Nouble for winning Cinch Championship player of the month..

Great team player and lovely big guy.

Don't think he'll be ready to go back in January however.....

Big fan of Marvin Bartley standing his ground over his accurate criticism of fan behaviour last week.

The guy is one of the best things about Scottish football and should be given as big a platform as possible to speak his mind.

Some boi.

Doing very well at Arbroath. Strange he's been loaned out IMO. Certainly seem to be missing him.
The reasoning seems to be that he hadn't played a lot of football before joining and the management felt that to get the game time required for him to be up to speed with Scottish football he'd need to go out on loan...at the time it kinda made sense with us having Anderson, Hamilton and Reilly but in hindsight it appears to have been a mistake. I suppose seeing how much Panayiotou, Montano and Parkes have struggled to be match fit coming from a similar or higher level to Nouble it's understandable

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Big fan of Marvin Bartley standing his ground over his accurate criticism of fan behaviour last week.

The guy is one of the best things about Scottish football and should be given as big a platform as possible to speak his mind.

Some boi.

He speaks very well against racism, i'll give you that.

Womens rights, not so much.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

He speaks very well against racism, i'll give you that.

Womens rights, not so much.

I was wondering if there was a scoring system when it came to being the victim of racial abuse, thanks for clearing that up. 

41 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I was wondering if there was a scoring system when it came to being the victim of racial abuse, thanks for clearing that up. 

Sticks in his craw we've got a good guy at Livi, and yet Hendo still somehow tries to find a way to have a pop at a Livi employee. Even when Marv is putting himself out there getting plenty of unjustified abuse already.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sticks in his craw we've got a good guy at Livi, and yet Hendo still somehow tries to find a way to have a pop at a Livi employee. Even when Marv is putting himself out there getting plenty of unjustified abuse already.

A "good guy" who threatened, intimidated and verbally abused a woman and has a criminal conviction for it.

He has done a lot of good speaking out about racism and that is commendable, but airbrushing his history isnt that helpful. It has surprised me how he has been embraced by the media and football authorities as some sort of equality champion given his past.

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

A "good guy" who threatened, intimidated and verbally abused a woman and has a criminal conviction for it.

He has done a lot of good speaking out about racism and that is commendable, but airbrushing his history isnt that helpful. It has surprised me how he has been embraced by the media and football authorities as some sort of equality champion given his past.

D'you think you're a detective, Hendo? Reports on that are among the first results returned when googling Bartley. You're not bringing this to anyone's attention for the first time. Then don't pretend you give a toss about the victims of crime, women or otherwise. You only come to this thread to perform some twisted gloating against a rival football club you dislike. 

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

D'you think you're a detective, Hendo? Reports on that are among the first results returned when googling Bartley. You're not bringing this to anyone's attention for the first time. Then don't pretend you give a toss about the victims of crime, women or otherwise. You only come to this thread to perform some twisted gloating against a rival football club you dislike. 

Wonder if his righteous crusade stops at Livi, or has he been all over the Motherwell, Morton and Aberdeen threads telling them what scummy football clubs they are signing Gallagher and Lithgow.