Livingston - all the threads merged

Didn't think Pitts was far away from being back, pisser if it'll be another few weeks. Dunno what's happened to Keaghan recently either, got on as a sub a few weeks back and hasn't been in the match day squad for several games now.

Omeonga did ok in his first game but has a tendency to give the ball away around our box, and was shaky against Hearts.
I wonder if Keaghan is being treated with kid gloves just now....had a huge lay off and he's all action so perhaps saving him from himself a bit. As for Omeonga, I don't think we can read too much into his hearts performance as, other than Max, NOBODY looked any good

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I wonder if Keaghan is being treated with kid gloves just now....had a huge lay off and he's all action so perhaps saving him from himself a bit. As for Omeonga, I don't think we can read too much into his hearts performance as, other than Max, NOBODY looked any good

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yeah probably.

Aye the Hearts performance was well below key from every outfield player. Too many big games that week, that required a lot of energy off the ball. Suppose with us struggling with injuries we couldn't rotate too much either, and had to play most of the same players in each game.

Would quite like to see some more of Panayiotou, hasn't been getting any game time since his accidental substitution, then subbed back off again. Though Hamilton might be a good option to start on Sat, i remember him scoring in a win against St Mirren a couple of seasons ago, before going back out on loan, ideal game to try him up front, should be getting a lot more of the ball, and a bit more support than in recent games, against the erse cheeks and Hearts away.

Livi's next tweet better be Martindale stepping down, we can't survive playing this shite. His antics towards fans were shitty as well, staring folk down for screaming at the players to stick a tackle in.

Edited by ATLIS

My patience is wearing thin. Subbing on Anderson instead of Hamilton today when the same approach of 'wee guy against monsters' wasn't working with Shinnie did not make sense to me at all. 

Martindale went on about "the definition of insanity..." the other week but still persists with Anderson who I am struggling to see having any particular quality. Not fast, not a particular good finisher, doesn't hold the ball up, I am not seeing what he brings to the team. 

Panayiotou said something like "I love to bring others into play" when he signed. That is exactly what we need but he can't get anywhere near the team. He also scored 12 goals in the National League last season which is only 4 less league goals than Anderson has scored in his entire career (that includes 6 in League 2). 

I believe there is a team who can be safe here. Unfortunately due to the stupidly big squad, it's difficult to for the talent to shine through some of the other guys who have been given too many chances. 

1 hour ago, LivielGrande said:

Martindale is a tactical novice - needs to walk 

A single sentence and a meaningless phrase ("tactical novice"). You haven't convinced me, for one.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

My patience is wearing thin. Subbing on Anderson instead of Hamilton today when the same approach of 'wee guy against monsters' wasn't working with Shinnie did not make sense to me at all. 

Shinnie did well in his false 9 role first half. He assisted for the Penrice chance and I think for Bailey's too. I agree on Anderson and looking ahead, his squad place now is probably substitute option rather than starting striker. I'd also be happy to see Panayiotou tried out.

33 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Shinnie did well in his false 9 role first half. He assisted for the Penrice chance and I think for Bailey's too.

That's fair, he did come into it as the half went on and we started to play more football. Don't really remember the Bailey chance first half.

Have to say, sending Nouble and Mullin out on loan is looking like two horrific decisions in hindsight. 

Nouble looks to be well ahead of Anderson and Hamilton (even though he deserves more game time) and I would have Mullin over Bailey.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

18 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Don't really remember the Bailey chance first half.

I got that wrong. Omeonga played the pass to Bailey. Shinnie dropping off had played a one-two with Omeonga just prior. It was the half-chance where Bailey took a shot from the inside left channel area.

36 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Have to say, sending Nouble and Mullin out on loan is looking like two horrific decisions in hindsight. 

Nouble, in hindsight, looks a bad move but nobody could have predicted that he'd be so good after not having played a lot of football prior to joining. Mullin is a strange one, technically one of the best players we've had recently but his application in games was lacking. You'd have other guys around him who, while not technically as good, ran rings around him. Games were passing him by too often and that outweighed his ability to cross a ball a bit good 

Can understand the frustrations, but looking at it individually, we've deserved something from every home game, and should've won today with the chances we had, shots on target, even if 2 were good saves and one off the line. However as a whole, we can't keep saying we deserved something when we keep losing games, it gets to a stage where you have to think we're losing for a reason, and aren't deserving anything. Stryjek can't keep giving soft goals either, i like him, but it's happening too often now, and costing us big time.

I see Barden wasn't even on the subs bench, is he injured too now, fucking unreal the amount of injuries we're getting.

At this point you have to blame the staff for an ineffectual training schedule. These injuries aren't just chance things, they're being overworked. 

Martindale has fully lost the plot and is having a go at the fans now too, also claiming that the folk who booed the team are only doing so because they expect we should be top 6. He's starting to talk a large amount of shite.

Also - side note, can you imagine the reaction if McCrorie had made the mistakes Stryjek has?  I was a huge McCrorie critic and still think he's shite, but Stryjek is proving he's not much better. His head seems like it's elsewhere and he can't be arsed.

Going to be sickening the amount of release clauses triggered when we go down.

Edited by ATLIS

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Also - side note, can you imagine the reaction if McCrorie had made the mistakes Stryjek has?  I was a huge McCrorie critic and still think he's shite, but Stryjek is proving he's not much better. His head seems like it's elsewhere and he can't be arsed.

Going to be sickening the amount of release clauses triggered when we go down.

If he'd just cut out the stupid mistakes and soft/gift goals, the one today looked straight through him, same against Aberdeen, and the pass to Morelos, you can forgive one, even two, because he has pulled off some great saves too, and is mostly solid, but it's happening too often now and has cost us 2 games at home. Barden wasn't even on the bench today though and if Maley is the only other option then we're stuck with Stryjek. If Barden is fit then he should be given a shot in goals, otherwise what is he signed for, you can't keep a keeper out when you keep gifting goals.  

Fortunately for us Dundee and Ross County are still a point below us, so all is not lost yet, one or two wins would make a huge difference, but St Johnstone away isn't looking promising for us, and Utd at home will be tough, esp how our current home results are going, when even being the better looking team doesn't ensure us getting anything at home. Ross County away will be massive for us, but our away form has been abysmal, with not scoring a single away goal yet.

Things aren't looking great, we desperately need another win to give us a lift, then get a wee run of not losing games going.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Wondering how you lot were using Poplatnik when (and if) he played. Until yesterday he seemed to lack scoring confidence, but showed excellent ball skills, passing and team play, along with a good motor. After yesterday, I’m wondering if it was all confidence or what.

Just now, TxRover said:

Wondering how you lot were using Poplatnik when (and if) he played. Until yesterday he seemed to lack scoring confidence, but showed excellent ball skills, passing and team play, along with a good motor. After yesterday, I’m wondering if it was all confidence or what.

He rarely got much of a game with us, he didn't look up to this level at all. He had a great assist for Forrest's winner in the last minute against Dundee Utd last season. I think he's just wildly inconsistent to be honest. Maybe on that needs a solid run in a side but never showed much with us.

Early on i thought Poplatnik showed good awareness, and technical ability on the ball, but then he got injured against Utd and didn't really get back in the team, with the odd sub appearance from the bench. Also think that coincided with Robinson's purple patch scoring goals, keeping him out, as Robbo got that position up front.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He rarely got much of a game with us, he didn't look up to this level at all. He had a great assist for Forrest's winner in the last minute against Dundee Utd last season. I think he's just wildly inconsistent to be honest. Maybe on that needs a solid run in a side but never showed much with us.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Early on i thought Poplatnik showed good awareness, and technical ability on the ball, but then he got injured against Utd and didn't really get back in the team, with the odd sub appearance from the bench. Also think that coincided with Robinson's purple patch scoring goals, keeping him out, as Robbo got that position up front.

I have a sneaking feeling that Poplatnik may be miscast as a pure striker/poacher CF and instead, despite his stature, he is more of a Second Striker, aiding the team with connections, passes, holding the ball and distributing. We've seen him late most games recently, after a few tries with him as the primary CF, using his ability to harry the opposition, help control the ball and assist with breakouts. He may well be inconsistent at shooting, but he fair leathered one in versus Killie and neatly slotted to other away. Are we still correct in assuming you are unlikely to recall him in January?

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I have a sneaking feeling that Poplatnik may be miscast as a pure striker/poacher CF and instead, despite his stature, he is more of a Second Striker, aiding the team with connections, passes, holding the ball and distributing. We've seen him late most games recently, after a few tries with him as the primary CF, using his ability to harry the opposition, help control the ball and assist with breakouts. He may well be inconsistent at shooting, but he fair leathered one in versus Killie and neatly slotted to other away. Are we still correct in assuming you are unlikely to recall him in January?

Yeah he'll be away in the summer. Zero chance we recall him I imagine - last I'd checked Raith fans were asking if they could send him back :D