Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, J.domingo said:

I’d be very interested to see the commercials behind any sell on clause Livingston may have negotiated with QPR re. Lyndon Dykes. Perhaps some fans on here know more? 

There is no concrete interest just now from Premier League clubs in the player but there are a whole host of clubs keeping tabs on Dykes. The most glamorous of which is probably The Arsenal. Livingston’s cut of a £20 million move to the Emirates? 

15-20% I think it was, after the Euros there were 3 clubs interested in him from what I remember. Think it was Burnley, Fulham and West Brom - Burnley being the only Premiership side out of the lot to be fair though. If he does go you'd imagine it'll be 25m+ possibly more if QPR go up. I'd imagine he goes for more than McBurnie does and that was about 20m.

Could net us anywhere from 3.75m-5m at least which will be interesting

(EXCLUSIVE: West Brom, Fulham chasing in-form Championship striker (teamtalk.com)

57 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

15-20% I think it was, after the Euros there were 3 clubs interested in him from what I remember. Think it was Burnley, Fulham and West Brom - Burnley being the only Premiership side out of the lot to be fair though. If he does go you'd imagine it'll be 25m+ possibly more if QPR go up. I'd imagine he goes for more than McBurnie does and that was about 20m.

Could net us anywhere from 3.75m-5m at least which will be interesting

(EXCLUSIVE: West Brom, Fulham chasing in-form Championship striker (teamtalk.com)

Read this on twitter.

L1Ovr5Md_bigger.jpg

Frightening the amount of international football that's been played in the last year. Lyndon Dykes made his Scotland debut exactly a year ago today and this is his 17th cap.

Think we get 10K for each Scotland cap too, he's been fairly racking up the Scotland appearances, kerching.

There are problems all over this Livi squad, at the back, midfield, and upfront
First of all, this is not a quality squad, as some people on here are led to believe   
There are players that were good in their day, not so long ago, that have not been able to regain the form from 2 or 3 years ago, and are simply not good enough now.
Then there are the players that were never good enough to start with.

The next problem is tactics/system which is completely unbalanced, there are players that are not good enough, and even worse can't play in positions asked.

There are players in the squad I can't comment on as I've not seen them playing
For some of the ones I've seen

Jackson Longridge - not good enough

Jack Fizzywater - to many lapses in concentration, slow at balls over the top, just not sturdy enough, weak tackling .

Ayo Obileye - Hesitant in the box, other than that don't know if good enough

Keaghan Jacobs - Good servant  over the years ,not good enough now

Scott Pittman - Once a energetic ball carrier, goal scorer and play maker, has lost all
these attributes, and offers very little....This is in my view is Livi's biggest problem now, they don't have any attacking midfielders.

Craig Sibbald  - Lets get this straight ,he is Not an attacking midfielder, you sometimes see him upfront, but lacks pace , his fitness/energy levels are questionable, more suited to central midfield, and a slower paced game

Jason Holt - Very similar to Sibbald,plays deeper than Sibbald,can't play attacking midfield

Andrew Shinnie - Suited to central midfield, not seen any sign of being a ball carrier, or bursts from midfield, more or less the same player as Sibbald

Jack McMillan - Is not good enough, cant see him being  any better after injury .

Sean Kelly - Simply not good enough

James Penrice- Not good enough

Jaze Kabia - Not good enough, done nothing anytime I've seen him

Forrest & Bailey - on the wings have potential, but are usually invisible, starved of the ball, doesn't  help with a slow paced midfield

Anderson - Seems lively enough, but the problem is no Forward will be any good in this current team, until they  have at least 2 attacking midfielders on the park

Jack Hamilton - Livi fans waiting and waiting on him becoming a top striker, is never going to happen, No chance.... he's no pace, no energy, cant run with ball, positional sense and reflexes not good enough

So no attacking midfield players, unless you call the wingers attacking that's  the biggest problem

So basically we're fucked.Mind get your Application in when Martindale eventually walks.Then we can scrutinize you as you seem to have all the answers. Alternatively you could keep your delusional observations to yourself,but I seriously doubt that you would.You really set yourself up!.

Nice to see the council are going ahead with attempting to gain 'City' status for Livingston. Should open the doors for Man City to buy us over as their newest 'sister' side as we transition to Livingston City in line with the new City status for Livingston :D 

4 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

So basically we're fucked.Mind get your Application in when Martindale eventually walks.Then we can scrutinize you as you seem to have all the answers. Alternatively you could keep your delusional observations to yourself,but I seriously doubt that you would.You really set yourself up!.

He talks some shite, Sibbs has been suffering from covid this season, and on top of his asthma has found it difficult to recover from it, nothing like putting the boot into players when they're down. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He talks some shite, Sibbs has been suffering from covid this season, and on top of his asthma has found it difficult to recover from it, nothing like putting the boot into players when they're down. 

They've been told time and time again by Livi fans that they should take their opinions elsewhere but still subject us to this pish. Constant drivel and negativity 

1 minute ago, Afro said:

That’s big Efe signed for St Johnstone. Would’ve took him in a heartbeat. 

Not a chance, he's done. He's about 42, even Martindale had commented that his recovery between games was shocking. He'll struggle to play once every 2 weeks. He was training with us, it says a lot that Martindale prefers Sean Kelly to him...

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Not a chance, he's done. He's about 42, even Martindale had commented that his recovery between games was shocking. He'll struggle to play once every 2 weeks. He was training with us, it says a lot that Martindale prefers Sean Kelly to him...

Efe every second week would probably be preferable to the alternative at the mo. Which is saying something. 

Just now, Afro said:

Efe every second week would probably be preferable to the alternative at the mo. Which is saying something. 

I really don't agree, he's ancient. If we wanted him to stay he would've stayed given Bartley is here but he decayed at a rapid rate last season and could barely last 60 minutes

Agree with ATLIS. Just because Kelly is rubbish, shouldn't mean we sign Ambrose as a slightly better back-up. He looked done at the end of last season (Hibs away, in particular).

Hopefully Parkes is back in and can look to fill that immediate back-up need before pushing to get back into the first 11.

A lot riding on Parkes being decent, course Kelly might not be quite as bad as we've seen once he's fully fit and up to speed. So far we can't really judge anyone properly with the way we've started, hardly any player has gone into a game 100% fit. Either been playing with a knock, or recovering from illness, and having to play because we've struggled for bodies.

Game today we've actually got players in reserve that can't get in the match day squad, for the first time this season.

Hope you enjoyed your day Mr Domingo.Facemasks are unfortunately going to be with our country for a long time.A slight inconvenience for some but won't stop us attending games as long as can be allowed. Shot yourself in the foot unfortunately by describing us as a shit team.Its so early in the season and when our players are fit and up to steam hopefully you will detract your sentiments.Im sure youl have a safe journey home to wherever your heading.Till then,leave the worrying to us.Thank You.

Goalkeepers
1. Daniel Barden - 2022 (Loan)
32. Max Stryjek - 2023

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2023
3. Jackson Longridge - 2023
4. Tom Parkes - 2022
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
24. Sean Kelly - 2022
29. James Penrice - 2024

Midfielders
7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
12. Ben Williamson - 2022 (Loan)
16. Adam Lewis - 2022 (Loan)
18. Jason Holt - 2023
33. Stephane Omeonga - 2023
40. Marvin Bartley - 2022

Forwards
9. Bruce Anderson - 2024
11. Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
14. Odin Bailey - 2022 (Loan)
15. Harrison Panayiotou - 2023 (1 year extension option)
17. Alan Forrest - 2022
22. Andrew Shinnie - 2023
23. Jack Hamilton - 2022
37. Jaze Kabia - 2023

In
Bruce Anderson - Aberdeen
Odin Bailey - Birmingham City (Loan)
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan)
Harrison Clark - Chester-Le-Street United
Sean Kelly - Falkirk
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan)
Cristian Montano - Port Vale
Joel Nouble - Aldershot Town
Stephane Omeonga - Pescara
Ayo Obileye - Queen of the South
Harrison Panayiotou - Aldershot Town
Tom Parkes - Exeter City
James Penrice - Partick Thistle
Andrew Shinnie - Charlton Athletic
Ben Williamson - Rangers (Loan)

Loans Out
Harrison Clark - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2023
Josh Mullin - Hamilton - Contract Expiry 2023
Joel Nouble - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2023 (1 year extension option)
Carlo Pignatiello - Dumbarton - Contract Expiry 2022 (?)
Matej Poplatnik - Raith Rovers - Contract Expiry 2022 (1 year extension option)
Gavin Reilly - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2022
Brian Schwake - Edinburgh City - Contract Expiry 2023

Left Club
Efe Ambrose - St. Johnstone
Raffaele De Vita - LVPA Frascati
Djibril Diani - Grasshoppers (Loan return)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Aberdeen
Jon Guthrie - Northampton Town
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Airdrieonians
Steve Lawson
Alan Lithgow - Greenock Morton
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan return)
Scott Robinson - Kilmarnock
Julien Serrano - Monaco (Loan return)
Ross Stewart - Hearts
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Scott Tiffoney - Partick Thistle

Post transfer window post. Raffa appears to have moved home to Rome, Lawson and ATS still without clubs. 

18 players contracted beyond this season, on the loose assumption that no one extends their deal.