Livingston - all the threads merged

I wonder if Jack was carrying an injury, I can't remember anything he was involved in that could have fractured a knee cap in the game. Felt he was a bit slow to react to the last goal and that would probably explain why.

I have always liked Jack McMillan. Think he puts in a shift and is always steady, was looking forward to him getting a chance this season but this will likely hamper his season. Didn't truly understand why he wasn't used more last season,to go from young player of the year to only a dozen games last season.

Not one player is bigger than the club.Unfortunately finance sometimes dictates as to whether certain players are willing to take a chance and the opportunity to enhance there chances of a move to a bigger club.Livingston are well known for giving players who join us that opportunity to shine,and earn that move.We as supporters know nothing about this player,so in respect we would be taking a gamble as well on him.Hopefully any issues financial or other can be resolved,and we get the chance to see for ourselves how good a player he is.I wish him good luck. 🦁👍🤞.

The good news is Mwila to Livingston is still on. The player wants to come as it’s a step closer to England and Martindale is desperate for the deal to go ahead…Livingston potentially even more keen than the player himself. The stumbling block over the past couple of days continues to be the commercial side of the deal. Mwila earns 5x more from his commercial tv deals in Africa than he does from playing. In Scotland Livingston could offer him substantially larger wages but the commercial opportunities on a day to day basis for the player become smaller. Livingston want a % of his commercial earnings…its thought he has a fairly healthy contract with Frito Lay in Africa, but negotiations continue on how this would be split between club and player.
Martindale is a great guy and great businessman and I’m sure he can get this deal done. Mwila is a great player and yet another BAME player for Livingston to add to their squad. From a commercial point of view Livingston FC are a great business and a very strong equal opportunity employer. Despite having very limited interest in soccer other than Chelsea, I hope to see Livingston play well this season. 

What's your source? A Zambian friend of mine talks quite highly of Mwila, reckons he'd do a job in Scotland. All sounds a bit too good to be true

20 minutes ago, J.domingo said:

I work with Brian’s agent. I have signed him up and have also sold 2 players to Livingston previously. 

Why would Livingston sign this guy? Because david Martindale is a great commercial guy and businessman. He also needs goals which Brian will deliver as well as merchandise sales.  If I were on the Livingston board or even just a fan I’d be very excited by this move!

Does his wikipedia page need updating, because it doesn't have him scoring many goals. Bit dogy the way he's moved about jumping ship too.

Scored 8 goals in 11 games for Zambia but only see a couple of goals in his 2 years at Rheindorf Altach in 7 games, and that's it? More in the Dolly Menga catagory of prolific goal scoring by the looks of it. 

Hi @J.domingo. Ross County are low on players at the moment. Is there any possibility of them hijacking Brian Mwila's move to Livingston? Does he have his heart set on West Lothian or could he be persuaded to swap it for the rolling hills of the Highlands?

If it helps with the commercial side of things, Ross County have an established foothold in Zambia already.

2 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Hi @J.domingo. Ross County are low on players at the moment. Is there any possibility of them hijacking Brian Mwila's move to Livingston? Does he have his heart set on West Lothian or could he be persuaded to swap it for the rolling hills of the Highlands?

If it helps with the commercial side of things, Ross County have an established foothold in Zambia already.

Maybe should let him know about your manager first.🤣

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe should let him know about your manager first.🤣

Look. This has been talked about several times in the past. He's apologised. Move on. Nothing to see here. No sir. In fact, he knows more about equality and diversity than anyone else in the room. He's been on a course. Genuine fans will understand.

(ETA: sarcasm, for the avoidance of doubt)

Edited by Forfinn

18 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We already have 3 strikers. Why would we sign this guy?

Sounds like a sleazy agent trying to drum up interest for his client. 

Reilly out on loan to get fitness maybe? I'm just imagining this is all fantasy talk anyway until I’ve saw him holding up a Livi scarf in the main stand :D 

Edited by ATLIS

1 minute ago, Accies1 said:
4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
Why the f**k have we loaned Josh Mullin out? That makes zero sense at all

Take it he's decent then?

He's quite possibly the best RW we've got at the club. He's class.