Livingston - all the threads merged

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Also liking Montano, looks like a good signing.

Menga, Souda and JET were of course very different players to each other but all were unorthodox, creative and charismatic attackers. Maybe Montaño will be like this.

There were 9 substitutes available to select last season? As you say, 5 of them could come on.
My apologies! Sorry you're correct.
Looks like 9 subs this season again aye with 5 allowed to come on.
Unsure if that's only until covid is "over".

Menga, Souda and JET were of course very different players to each other but all were unorthodox, creative and charismatic attackers. Maybe Montaño will be like this.
I think Montaño is a lot more composed than those mentioned.
Seems to make the right runs etc that none of the others mentioned would make.

Aye, he's less maverick and has a more standard interpretation of his role than those three. His flair versus incisiveness balance seems better. A vague parallel can still be drawn though on account of his eye-catching dribbling style and his physical attributes. Anyway, very promising so far from him.

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Aye, he's less maverick and has a more standard interpretation of his role than those three. His flair versus incisiveness balance seems better. A vague parallel can still be drawn though on account of his eye-catching dribbling style and his physical attributes. Anyway, very promising so far from him.

Yep, has been involved with a couple of our goals, was looking good against Alloa till they clobbered him too, he makes things happen.

Perhaps it's just me, but I thought Montano was honking yesterday. Weakest Livi player by a mile from where I was sitting. Penrice had a decent game, and Lewis looks like he could be great if he can learn how to tackle.

CB also looks a little sketchy, but perhaps once we're fully over the covid mess then the shape will look a little more robust and these vulnerabilities wont look so obvious.

On 23/07/2021 at 17:19, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd like to see McMillan get a go at CB. He's played there before and has always looked better defensively than going forward. The reviews about Kelly aren't great but Jon Guthrie was written off by Walsall fans before he kicked a ball for us

Just to be clear, Kelly could do fine for you.  He’s not being written off - he’s actually quite competent.  But not at centre back.

Just to be clear, Kelly could do fine for you.  He’s not being written off - he’s actually quite competent.  But not at centre back.
With the players we have he'll be playing CB. We have Longridge, Penrice, Montano and McMillan who can play there

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

With the players we have he'll be playing CB. We have Longridge, Penrice, Montano and McMillan who can play there

Yikes.

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He seemed okay at CB against Cowdenbeath (speaks for itself tbf) but I really do hope we dip into the loan market and bring someone in for that CB spot

He’s fine.   But honestly, he’s the kind of guy you have playing centre back after 70 minutes when you’re down to ten men, have made all your subs and the regular centre backs both go off injured.  We all know those games.     

Had ex Livi midfielder Shaun Byrne on my podcast recently if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Any feedback appreciated, hope everyone enjoys👍🏻

Youtube: 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0KQfjoxwDUeOAPr8B9dcjG?si=2ThjsSjvTpqEle_KTPu6aQ&dl_branch=1

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-shaun-byrne/id1570371231?i=1000530036453

David Bates available but I can imagine he's wanting far too much though. I can imagine some teams like Norwich/Barnsley etc may have a CB to loan out once they get their squads sorted and know who's surplus 

Edited by ATLIS

5 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Davie has said on more than one occasion that there will be no more players in unless someone leaves.
I dont get why people are still thinking that we are going to sign anyone else.

He's said we wont bring anyone in unless something special comes up. In the past that's meant the likes of Stokes etc, I'd also hazard a guess that it means that a good loan player could be included in that bracket. Not sure he mentioned anything about anyone leaving though