Livingston - all the threads merged

Another @RandomGuy. claxon sounds as I, yet again, want to annoy him and see what him and his set up think of our new signing. Today's big winner, Andrew Shinnie!

I feel bad for pinging you every time, but I can't help but wanting to consume all the stats I can see about guys we sign :D 

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Another @RandomGuy. claxon sounds as I, yet again, want to annoy him and see what him and his set up think of our new signing. Today's big winner, Andrew Shinnie!

I feel bad for pinging you every time, but I can't help but wanting to consume all the stats I can see about guys we sign :D 

Shinnie.thumb.png.f0dba925cee393961c90f9cc8eda1c10.png

Looks like he'll need to play as a "10" to get the best out him? Seems mostly about keeping possession ticking about. He'll either play deep and keep the ball moving side to side, or play high up the park and be the one probing around trying to find a gap. Possibly replace Pittman as your AM as hes better on the ball but still offers a goal threat?

Still not experimented on this yet, but trying to adjust figures for our league to "predict" how players will look.

699495146_Shinnieadjusted.thumb.png.0067d564bb4f38d0147c5c2fd2dbde45.png

Not really sure its that insightful from lower league England to here though, leagues seem fairly similar.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shinnie.thumb.png.f0dba925cee393961c90f9cc8eda1c10.png

Looks like he'll need to play as a "10" to get the best out him? Seems mostly about keeping possession ticking about. He'll either play deep and keep the ball moving side to side, or play high up the park and be the one probing around trying to find a gap. Possibly replace Pittman as your AM as hes better on the ball but still offers a goal threat?

Still not experimented on this yet, but trying to adjust figures for our league to "predict" how players will look.

317792730_Shinnieadjusted.thumb.png.ceca9bb5de206223d6168292b3439809.png

Not really sure its that insightful from lower league England to here though, leagues seem fairly similar.

Yeah I can see him replacing Pittman possibly or at least provide cover alongside Williamson. I'm hoping we move back to our 4231 having two wingers and a 10 in behind Anderson/Hamilton. 

I suppose he could also play that deep lying playmaker role that Sibbald also does for us, somewhere Williamson can also play.

Being able to be clinical and grab a few goals throughout the season should see him be a big success I reckon, few assists here and there too

Martindale mentioned several times last season about St Johnstone and the long diagonal ball, Do you think he is maybe looking to emulate their style.

I believe a good manager looks at the players he has and plays to those players strengths, you don't play a formation and look for players to play out of position and adapt to it. 

51 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Martindale mentioned several times last season about St Johnstone and the long diagonal ball, Do you think he is maybe looking to emulate their style.

I believe a good manager looks at the players he has and plays to those players strengths, you don't play a formation and look for players to play out of position and adapt to it. 

They played with a back 3 didn't they? As it is we'll get pumped on the counter attack playing like this, unless we bring in another CB and go 3 and 5 at the back, playing WB's. Devlin and Longridge would be good at this, McMillan not so much, he's better as a defensive FB.

Latest interview with ex Livi player Stevie Lawless if anyone wants to give it a listen it’d be much appreciated! 

A Chat With... Steven Lawless 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Steven discusses his time at the Motherwell academy as well as spells at Partick Thistle, Livingston and his return to Motherwell. 

YouTube: 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6yreaP0bxRA4tNY2Gyfo9W?si=uk9fB3hKQAmQZyncZeYBmw&dl_branch=1

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-steven-lawless/id1570371231?i=1000529244423

They played with a back 3 didn't they? As it is we'll get pumped on the counter attack playing like this, unless we bring in another CB and go 3 and 5 at the back, playing WB's. Devlin and Longridge would be good at this, McMillan not so much, he's better as a defensive FB.
Wonder if we might see McMillan move to CB when Devlin comes back in

Are you showing problems with Fullbacks bombing up the wings and crossing? If so, Wednesday might be interesting (if we can find someone to get on the end of the damn crosses).

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Are you showing problems with Fullbacks bombing up the wings and crossing? If so, Wednesday might be interesting (if we can find someone to get on the end of the damn crosses).

Yes, but not in the way you're thinking. We're having problems doing it :D When the FBs are up the pitch we're trying to play with DMs dropping into the wings to cover but we've no fucking pace at all in defence

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Yes, but not in the way you're thinking. We're having problems doing it :D When the FBs are up the pitch we're trying to play with DMs dropping into the wings to cover but we've no fucking pace at all in defence

Well Dick and Tumilty are liable to have a field day then, we’ll just see if anyone can lay a glove on the crosses, as that kind of action has been a bit sparse so far!

Not sure how much the bug had to do with the Alloa performance, the energy levels def weren't like we're used to seeing at Livi, and with new players you want them training together as much as possible, to get used to one another, and we weren't able to train for 2 or 3 days before the game, but a big improvement is needed against Raith or we'll be out the cup. We've done brilliantly in qualifying from the group stages, and even getting to the final last season, so would be gutting going out so early, here's hoping the players are over the noravirus and got their shit together (i'll get my coat).

8 minutes ago, Afro said:

Wonder what position will be the subject of our next transfer obsession?

Was strikers, then left backs, now central midfielders. Would be nice if we swung round to centre halves. 

We were bursting at the seams with CB's last season, and started playing them as FB's, remember Efe playing LB and Fitzwater RB.