Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

What does the RG System say about Nouble btw @RandomGuy.? Seems like he could be a decent player and certainly should do well at Arbroath.

Highlight reels are obviously slanted but seems a good ball carrier and creator for a striker

RG v90008262.3 see him thusly. Only have him in the winger section as WyScout don't think he played 600+ mins as a striker...

Nouble.thumb.png.0b875a10dab1ed9f6704071eac2e0477.png

"Clean Tackler" is just how many fouls they give away. Hes got a low score for that as he gives away a lot of fouls.

"Shooter" is how likely they are to shoot when given the chance, his low score there, and high score as "Creator" means hes more likely to look for a pass in the box than shoot himself.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah could be a good link up player for Anderson or Hamilton to play beside.

Heres Hamilton and Anderson for context, and because I need something to do with my time 😂

Spoiler

Hamilton.thumb.png.1a03ce7cf089bccaa2941ad48aae8145.png

Bruce.thumb.png.108408da75d1f981ce4eef0fd0207ae7.png

Will be interesting to see what strength of team we are able to field tomorrow. We had apparently a 5th positive covid test among players & staff since returning for pre-season this week. This may explain the absences of Holt and Sibbald from the recent games. 

For anyone interested, here are the accounts to June 2020 which were just published - Accounts. More detailed that the June 2019 accounts.

Long-term debt down from £750k to £650k (£470k which was not repayable immediately) but that includes money owed to Ged Nixon which has been paid since year end. £317k on furlough up until that point. £50k loan from Bank of Scotland. Dykes money not included. £100k loan from Robert Wilson repaid after year-end.

Paragraphs 2 & 3 from Note 14 are interesting. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

20 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Will be interesting to see what strength of team we are able to field tomorrow. We had apparently a 5th positive covid test among players & staff since returning for pre-season this week. This may explain the absences of Holt and Sibbald from the recent games. 

For anyone interested, here are the accounts to June 2020 which were just published - Accounts. More detailed that the June 2019 accounts.

Long-term debt down from £750k to £650k (£470k which was not repayable immediately) but that includes money owed to Ged Nixon which has been paid since year end. £317k on furlough up until that point. £50k loan from Bank of Scotland. Dykes money not included. £100k loan from Robert Wilson repaid after year-end.

Paragraphs 2 & 3 from Note 14 are interesting. 

Dykes’ money would’ve went on after as we sold him after the season started I’m sure, was it not August? 

The link doesn’t appear to work though, rerouted me to a dead site without access 

Edited by ATLIS

Not been impressed by Lewis in the 3 games I've seen this season. He seems to be doing everything at walking pace and his passing is REALLY poor. We also need to help Bruce Anderson with the offside rule. I'd like to see us bring another forward on and really go at them with 2 up front

Edited by Cptn Hooch

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Dykes’ money would’ve went on after as we sold him after the season started I’m sure, was it not August? 

The link doesn’t appear to work though, rerouted me to a dead site without access 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC142420 Try this. You should be able to access it from the filing history page.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Shocker of a performance today, hopefully not an indication of how we'll do this season. 

Far from promising. This is a team that will concede a lot of goals and will not score many.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Far from promising. This is a team that will concede a lot of goals and will not score many.

Really not sure what to make of the team, but today's the first time I've had a bit of fear about the possibility of us going down. We're very light on CBs and could use better wingers and strikers

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Really not sure what to make of the team, but today's the first time I've had a bit of fear about the possibility of us going down. We're very light on CBs and could use better wingers and strikers

Hi. 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We're also going for less players (but more versatility) although Martindale recognising there's still going to be a lot of Covid issues - feel like today was just a little teaser of what happens when we're even slightly affected. 

Can't shake the feeling this season is where we're brought back to earth with a nasty bang. 

Just now, LiviLion said:

We're also going for less players (but more versatility) although Martindale recognising there's still going to be a lot of Covid issues - feel like today was just a little teaser of what happens when we're even slightly affected. 

Can't shake the feeling this season is where we're brought back to earth with a nasty bang. 

Doesn't make much sense at all though, especially on days like today. If we had the youth academy up and running then it would make sense having a smaller squad to draft boys in when needed. Really fear we're spreading ourselves too thinly with our squad building, especially when it comes to loans out.

Here's a question though, if we do go down, what's the expectation from the fans? I can see it being a huge rift/split between folk thinking Championship is fine, going for playoffs is fine and expecting the title.

29 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Don't seem to have the use of our wingers with the FB's being the ones furthest up the wings, and that leaves us open at the back with Pittman and Obileye/Williamson having to cover for them. Playing it slowly out from the back then hitting a long diagonal ball down the wings to the FB's seems to be our tactic, brutal to watch, as balls are over hit, and really isn't working.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't seem to have the use of our wingers with the FB's being the ones furthest up the wings, and that leaves us open at the back with Pittman and Obileye/Williamson having to cover for them. Playing it slowly out from the back then hitting a long diagonal ball down the wings to the FB's seems to be our tactic, brutal to watch, as balls are over hit, and really isn't working.

Completely negates Pittman's attributes as he's forced to take up a deep inside right channel position during build up to cover for the advanced right back. 

The switch to a single pivot with a right and left centre mid suits both Holt and Sibbald (who was actually used as an inside right attacking mid today) but it ruins Pittman. He is best as a central attacking midfielder.

Lewis was dreadful both as the pivot and left centre mid today. Obileye has played the pivot role prior to today and while he's positionally sound, his distribution is limited and I'd worry about his ball retention capability were he to be pressed hard.

Effectively retiring Bartley looks to have been an awful decision given these centre mid issues.

25 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Completely negates Pittman's attributes as he's forced to take up a deep inside right channel position during build up to cover for the advanced right back. 

The switch to a single pivot with a right and left centre mid suits both Holt and Sibbald (who was actually used as an inside right attacking mid today) but it ruins Pittman. He is best as a central attacking midfielder.

Lewis was dreadful both as the pivot and left centre mid today. Obileye has played the pivot role prior to today and while he's positionally sound, his distribution is limited and I'd worry about his ball retention capability were he to be pressed hard.

Effectively retiring Bartley looks to have been an awful decision given these centre mid issues.

Wholeheartedly agree with most of this. I don’t think the 4-3-3 is working, 4-2-3-1 would be a far better option and probably brings the best balance to the side. Particularly in Pittman’s case. I’d personally start Sibbald and Obileye in the holding pairing, feel they’d compliment each other well. 

Poor performance and result today but we still have Devlin, Forrest, Mullin, Hamilton and Kabia to come back (I’m clinging a bit here). That said, we absolutely need another centre half in at the minimum. 

I've got to say that's the worst I've seen livi play in a long time, too much passing it back and not forward and if the ball was getting played up top it was just a big punt up the park, the goal was scored from one good ball from the wing in the  box then that was about it, there was no creative spark in the team, thought Penrice was shocking and we deffo need someone better than Parkes, felt bad for Anderson as he was stranded up top with no one to help him that's what happens with you play 2 players out of position.