Livingston - all the threads merged

Martindale saying 1/2 players in and 1/2 players out due to lack of game time.

Any ideas who? We’re still massively short and I’m hoping Hopkin can use his connection to Martindale to pick up someone decent.

Comfortable win in the end, can see it was our first competitive game, bit rusty with our passing, but we got there. Good seeing us getting goals from set pieces from Parkes and Obileye too. Hope Kabia is ok after getting a sore one to the face.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 09/07/2021 at 13:26, oneteaminglasgow said:

Fair enough - I’ve always preferred your predominantly black efforts, tbh. I quite like the idea of you guys just picking a totally new colour/style of kit every season until you find something you like though. 

They might as well. It was only Amber because the team they robbed played in that colour.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Any ideas who? We’re still massively short and I’m hoping Hopkin can use his connection to Martindale to pick up someone decent.

I really doubt we'll loan you anyone, or to anyone who isn't part time. All of our loans go out and play with other clubs and train with us full time. So if anyone's going to go out it'll be to Arbroath more than likely or someone in League 1.

I can see Keaghan Jacobs going out on loan maybe, not sure who else would be outgoing though

Edited by ATLIS

2 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

They might as well. It was only Amber because the team they robbed played in that colour.

Get out of Gorgie and give the people of Powderhall their team back.

I really doubt we'll loan you anyone, or to anyone who isn't part time. All of our loans go out and play with other clubs and train with us full time. So if anyone's going to go out it'll be to Arbroath more than likely or someone in League 1.

I can see Keaghan Jacobs going out on loan maybe, not sure who else would be outgoing though
I reckon Keags will be away. After all the injury problems he has had, he'll be nowhere near Martindales standards.
The lack of Sibbald in pre season and today is concerning and there's voices saying that he could be away. Which is frustrating as he was easily our best player last season.

I reckon Keags will be away. After all the injury problems he has had, he'll be nowhere near Martindales standards.
The lack of Sibbald in pre season and today is concerning and there's voices saying that he could be away. Which is frustrating as he was easily our best player last season.
Sibbs was injured at the end of last season and I believe he's still carrying a niggle. I doubt he'll be going anywhere as I see him being very important this season. Probably goes into the position that Penrice played today. Hope Keaghan stays around as we missed his energy at the end of last season, of he does go out on loan then hopefully it's just a short term to get match fitness.

I know he's a club legend but I really think we may as well be letting Keaghan go, loan would make a lot more sense. I reckon he's done at this level, I'm not sure where he'd fit into the team at all. He's about 8th choice

Edited by ATLIS

It hurts me ,but have to agree.For the good of the current team.Keahgs will know .I'd trust him to make the right decision. If he feels he can still offer quality to the club,il be right behind him.Hes a professional  and as such he will know if the love affair is coming to an end.Legend.🦁👍.

Possibly looking at it with rose-tinted glasses but I saw Jacobs as the type of player who would always have the energy and ability to play at any level for us. If we were relegated, I'd want him in the squad and I still want him in the squad now. 

If his injury has gubbed him a la Raffa, it would be a great shame. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Probably goes into the position that Penrice played today.

This is potentially a great shout re Sibbald. Would fit that role a lot better than Pittman did on the other side.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

New signing being teased. Could be the other boy in on trial Spellman? I've noticed as well that it was Didier Agathe that set up the trials for them at Livi :D He's actually managing Chester-Le Street down south

Edited by ATLIS

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Williamson is very highly rated from what I've heard. Won Arbroath's player of the year last season which says something considering how well Jack Hamilton did there

but do we need him?