Livingston - all the threads merged

The latest interview on my podcast with Livi legend Jim Leishman: 

A Chat With... Jim Leishman 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Dunfermline and Livingston legend discusses his playing days, managerial career and his own incredible personal accolades.

YouTube: 

Spotify:  https://open.spotify.com/episode/3MnTzMvTsh5kq1Ax0nezqA?si=BKfVNURnSNO_McMZaHi3Rg&dl_branch=1

Enjoy 👍🏻⚽

On 20/06/2021 at 22:00, ATLIS said:

It's all gone quiet from the club. No signings for a while, no sign of the new kit, no announcements of any friendlies or the fact they're off to Spain. 

Uncharacteristically quiet for them when stuff is going on, wee bit disappointing but maybe more so because I want to know what's happening :D 

Just a thought on this now it's confirmed they are off to Spain. Presumably they won't want to film anything in case someone tests positive and 'close contacts' are caught via footage. 

Hopefully we get some news relatively soon or I'll be hitting the Livi whisky early.

There's Guthrie signed for Northampton. 
We have come to a personal agreement with Jon to allow him to leave the club immediately.

His contract was bought out. That was the agreement between player and club.
Whether Northampton bought out the contract or a family member did is the fact that remains unknown.

Judging on his form from most of last season, he's not the same player than joined us 2 years ago.
Not really that fussed he's away in all honesty.
Great when he was good, but too many mistakes towards the end of last season.

42 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

His contract was bought out. That was the agreement between player and club.
Whether Northampton bought out the contract or a family member did is the fact that remains unknown.

Judging on his form from most of last season, he's not the same player than joined us 2 years ago.
Not really that fussed he's away in all honesty.
Great when he was good, but too many mistakes towards the end of last season.

Yeah whatever the reason he wants away this season, it was maybe affecting him enough that his form dropped. In any case, no point having an unhappy player, so it's the best decision all round for him to move on. Good luck to him at Northampton.

Friendly for those who haven't seen it on Callum Carson's twitter. 

Looks like a trialist at right centre-back and right-wing?

Stryjek

McMillan Trialist Fitzwater Longridge

Pittman Obileye Holt

Trialist Anderson Forrest

Edited by EdinburghLivi

CB could be Parkes maybe?

Just stuck the video on. Hopefully we maybe start hearing something about signings soon as we're a little bit light

about 5:40 in Martindale shouting on someone called Darragh and someone called Poley? Obviously not Liam Polworth as he's with Killie now.

Outside shout could be Darragh O'Connor on loan from Leicester? 21 year old CB, 17 u23 appearances last season

Edited by ATLIS

7 minutes ago, Jnels said:

any idea who this is, its not Parkes and  am sure  obileye was off by this point 

and i think Anderson scored the first goal and mibbie the second

image.png.d66b86ccf11a21414f18633ecf9e81c4.png

I'm imagining it's the same guy here too, Obileye in the shot there as well anyway. He looks about the same height as McMillan does. It's maybe the 240p quality and I'm missing something really obvious though :D 

LEFT2.png

Edited by ATLIS

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm imagining it's the same guy here too, Obileye in the shot there as well anyway. He looks about the same height as McMillan does. It's maybe the 240p quality and I'm missing something really obvious though :D 

LEFT2.png

ye good spot, wonder what position he plays?

35 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Best one liner of the game so far comes from Martindale accusing the ref of having a Europa tattoo, in a friendly :D 

I take it back, after some controversy we find out that Europa have actually got 12 players on the park. One of the Europa players comes over to Martindale and says "It's a friendly game, it's a friendly game". Martindale hitting back with "that's okay yeah?" and follows it up saying he's putting two goalies on :D This friendly has been fucking hilarious so far

Edited by ATLIS

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I take it back, after some controversy we find out that Europa have actually got 12 players on the park. One of the Europa players comes over to Martindale and says "It's a friendly game, it's a friendly game". Martindale hitting back with "that's okay yeah?" and follows it up saying he's putting two goalies on :D This friendly has been fucking hilarious so far

This has me advocating for more friendlies between Scottish and Gibraltese clubs.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

This has me advocating for more friendlies between Scottish And Gibraltese clubs

Seems like it's been a good laugh for us, we beat Europa 2-0 and Red Imps 3-0 I think but from what I've seen in this game the banter levels are off the charts. Elite levels of shithousery from the Gibraltar clubs