Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

@RandomGuy. 

Any idea how Tom Parkes shows up on your system? Seems as though he's the Guthrie replacement, 200 games in England, 6'3 left footed CB as well.

Interestingly enough capped at U17 level for England  18 times and one England C cap. Managed to play 31 games last season and scored only 1 though. Same agency as Houssem Aouar so looking forward to his imminent arrival :D 

livi.thumb.png.6b59b7a27e7588808d1c3df00105512e.png

His "overall" ratings are low because of his 18/19 season...

Spoiler

livie.thumb.png.92711362a4611f29f364774336db9f5e.png

Which is maybe a red flag? He was released by Carlisle in this season, but was pretty strong throughout his seasons at Exeter tbf.

In terms of comparison to Guthrie...

liviei.thumb.png.23d0d2ba544bd9c09e12f44d15f63fc3.png

Looks better on the ball, maybe a bit weaker defensively. The goal threat one might just be down to clubs tbh and its one I'm unsure about. Different teams are better at set plays than other.

Cheers, looks fairly exciting. Hopefully we get back a bit of the ball carrying talent that Gallagher and Halkett brought. We've missed that since they'd left. I think he's had a bit of trouble with his ankles before, a break and a fracture so maybe that's affected things too

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Daniel Barden (Norwich City Goalkeeper) linked with us in the Daily Record. He looks v. tall.

Transfermarkt has him down as 6'4, but he does look fairly lanky and skinny. Could be taller as I can't imagine it's too accurate 

16 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Cheers, looks fairly exciting. Hopefully we get back a bit of the ball carrying talent that Gallagher and Halkett brought. We've missed that since they'd left. I think he's had a bit of trouble with his ankles before, a break and a fracture so maybe that's affected things too

Obileye is meant to be good bringing the ball up the pitch too, so between him and Barden we should have better players for bringing it out of defence. Ambrose was decent at that too right enough, but he dropped out of the team, and was heart in mouth moments a few times taking chances. Think he only got caught out bad once right enough, against Sevco, and it cost us a goal.

If we can get Diani signed back up we'll have a big improvement in midfield, was really impressed with him in the last few games of the season.

18 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Good luck to him - the guy deserves a break.

Seems as though a few Morton fans are already against the move given his past. Their manager said he's been competing in the Premiership for the last few seasons so who knows who does their scouting :D 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Seems as though a few Morton fans are already against the move given his past. Their manager said he's been competing in the Premiership for the last few seasons so who knows who does their scouting :D 

Aye the St Mirren lad who plagued our board about players with a dodgy past will be filling his boots on the Morton board.

On 02/06/2021 at 22:22, ATLIS said:

Interesting that Penrice, when talking about the deal, said it's been a long time coming. He's finally home, here's hoping he develops into a cracking signing this season

Think the Tiffoney- Penrice deal is further evidence of a good relationship between the 2 clubs - we seem to have had quite a few loans from Livi over the last few years. Understandably they don’t always work out but McMillan and Tiffoney in particular were outstanding loans.

SKA looked on paper to be a good loan but don’t really know what has happened to him

Trying to see where we could expect signings/need cover but also throwing up the question of what formation we'll go with.
image.png.bc27eacf1f0ddeb0aeb418939e814d93.png

My best idea so far for a strongest 11. Still need to factor Reilly, Pignatiello, Kabia and Poplatnik into it really as well but with two up front you'd have more options/room to fit Reilly/Poplatnik in if they're still here. 

Robert/Burke would make a lot of sense as cover/rotation for Mullin but I'm not sure Robert has enough experience to play at this level yet and Burke is 38. We're due a CB in soon and I'd imagine it'll be our starting RCB if we aren't relying on Fitzwater instead.  Barden to compete with Stryjek would make sense.

Only one I haven't seen mentioned is possibly the need for another CM if Keaghan isn't fit/staying. Obviously Obileye could slot into RCB as well but Martindale seems keen on him as a CDM. Even another CB in as cover for Parkes wouldn't be the worst idea as I'm not keen on McMillan filling in there.

For me that could make it a possible 3-5 away and 4 in. There's a strong enough rumour on 2 of those but still a bit left to guess

Might be wrong but can't see Keaghan leaving us for the foreseeable future. Unless his injury has gubbed him, his energy will mean he will continue to be a useful player regardless of the level. 

There were rumours around Poplatnik leaving so that's one I could see. McMillan is the only other obvious one, if he wants more game time given Devlin appears to be undroppable. 

Maybe loans for Kabia & Pignatiello even though Martindale said they would be around to fight for their places.

On 04/06/2021 at 16:19, ATLIS said:

Actually had a look at the Morton thread and was amazed by the amount of burning tar and pitchforks type reactions.

The guy made a mistake 14 years ago whilst out of his face. What he did wasn't nice by any measure but the level of self-righteous postings are surreal.