Livingston - all the threads merged

From the write up on our OS, he sounds like Gallagher and Halkett rolled into one player, big physical aggressive player, good with the ball at his feet, and will score goals. Here's hoping he'll be as good for us as those two were, exciting prospect for next season anyway, and gives us some much needed physicality in defence. 

Hmm, he's physical but he's not very aggressive tbh. He's not very mobile either so if at CB he'll benefit with a pacey/mobile player beside him. He did pretty well sitting in front of our CBs just protecting them and being an out ball. He's decent enough with the ball at his feet and can find a simple pass. His finishing for a big guy is very good. He scored a goal against Arbroath that any CF would be pleased with. Most of his goals were penalties (wait until you witness one of them btw, heart in mouth stuff though I don't think he's ever missed one in his career) but he's a threat at set pieces as well.

I hope it goes well for him as he came across as a decent guy in interviews (though could do without him thanking god at any opportunity) but I think his success will depend on those around him. I think he'll be a roaring success or a massive flop and no in between. Hopefully the former.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

though could do without him thanking god at any opportunity

That's typical Nigerian. Marvin Andrews, Mr God himself, actually learned his evangelicism from a Nigerian pastor in Kirkcaldy rather than from his upbringing in Trinidad.

18 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

That's typical Nigerian. Marvin Andrews, Mr God himself, actually learned his evangelicism from a Nigerian pastor in Kirkcaldy rather than from his upbringing in Trinidad.

Efe's on his instagram with his prayers every morning as well :D 

@RandomGuy. Any stats on how Jack Hamilton might handle the step up from Arbroath to Livi? 

In other news Cristian Montano sounds like a phenomenal signing. Who was the last South American we had playing for us? 

"Montaño is an extremely pacey left-sided attacker; Bristol Post reporter Jack Vittles said that "he has a decent left foot but sometimes his final delivery wasn't quite there", and that he is "an out-and-out winger" who prefers to beat defenders with pace and skill to reach the byline to put in a cross"

Cristian Montaño (Goals/Assist/Skills) - YouTube

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

@RandomGuy. Any stats on how Jack Hamilton might handle the step up from Arbroath to Livi? 

LIVI.thumb.png.06f03db2cb97d11558f445fc428d2329.png

This is him in the Championship this season. Arguably the best target man in the division, and also an elite goal threat. Doesn't do much individual progression with the ball, or much on the ball in terms of creating/building play, but thats maybe Arbroaths tactics? Trying to figure out a way to display things like that.

Different tier so if you stick his figures in the Premiership database...

boo.thumb.png.705c7ff5cf9f6a663b26163dc82c43d7.png

... you can see some form of difference in his "performance" which suggests theres a difference between tiers and/or theres a huge outlier in the Championship. 

This is him for Arboath compared to Dykes last season, as I feel like thats the type of player he'll get compared to.

download.thumb.png.3db5ef1ca0034c69eb87120e7be4431b.png

Hamilton maybe a bit more selfish than Dykes? Although I think Dykes was a freak and its maybe unfair comparing against him, as its unlikely anyone will find an identical player anytime soon.

Going by this, I'd say he'll need to improve his play in terms of linking with team mates, and potentially become less selfish around the box, which I guess is the same thing. Rest of his game looks like hes ready, and deserves, to step up to the Premiership.

If you want to see raw figures of anything in particular, just let me know 👍

28 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

In other news Cristian Montano sounds like a phenomenal signing. Who was the last South American we had playing for us? 

Argentinian Fernando Giarrizzo 2008/09. Looked a great player before he was emptied for spitting on someone.

Agree on Montano, he looks very useful. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

LIVI.thumb.png.06f03db2cb97d11558f445fc428d2329.png

This is him in the Championship this season. Arguably the best target man in the division, and also an elite goal threat. Doesn't do much individual progression with the ball, or much on the ball in terms of creating/building play, but thats maybe Arbroaths tactics? Trying to figure out a way to display things like that.

Different tier so if you stick his figures in the Premiership database...

boo.thumb.png.705c7ff5cf9f6a663b26163dc82c43d7.png

... you can see some form of difference in his "performance" which suggests theres a difference between tiers and/or theres a huge outlier in the Championship. 

This is him for Arboath compared to Dykes last season, as I feel like thats the type of player he'll get compared to.

download.thumb.png.3db5ef1ca0034c69eb87120e7be4431b.png

Hamilton maybe a bit more selfish than Dykes? Although I think Dykes was a freak and its maybe unfair comparing against him, as its unlikely anyone will find an identical player anytime soon.

Going by this, I'd say he'll need to improve his play in terms of linking with team mates, and potentially become less selfish around the box, which I guess is the same thing. Rest of his game looks like hes ready, and deserves, to step up to the Premiership.

If you want to see raw figures of anything in particular, just let me know 👍

Was along the lines of where I'm hoping he'd be. In my eyes I can see us moving away from the Dykes style of player and moving to a central goalscorer/target man for wingers to swing crosses into which may align with these numbers pretty well. 

Dykes absolutely was an anomaly when it came to quality of players you'd expect at Livi but seems as though Hamilton is on the right track given his age and progression. I imagine his link up play will be something that's drilled into him most of it will just be winning knock ons in the air to be fair and hold up play with his back to the goal

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

"Montaño is an extremely pacey left-sided attacker; Bristol Post reporter Jack Vittles said that "he has a decent left foot but sometimes his final delivery wasn't quite there", and that he is "an out-and-out winger" who prefers to beat defenders with pace and skill to reach the byline to put in a cross"

Cristian Montaño (Goals/Assist/Skills) - YouTube

Oh fucking brilliant, we'll have him and Devlin firing balls across to each other at opposite corner flags. 😂

Ayo Obiley we know about as hes been watched many times by the club and looks decent.Whereas Montano bit of an unknown quantity.Hopefully Davie gets him up here so we can have a look at him before commiting to signing.Lower league player for Port Vale who've finished comfortably midtable in EFL league 2.Time will tell,but could be a good addition.🤞🦁.

Argentinian Fernando Giarrizzo 2008/09. Looked a great player before he was emptied for spitting on someone.
Agree on Montano, he looks very useful. 
Are you not thinking of Sergio Berti regarding the spitting incident?

42 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I have a vague recollection of Giarizzo - centre mid with long wavy hair who just vanished one week and ended up one week and it ended up being because he spat at someone in training. Berti certainly did the same thing, but I'm sure there was someone else who was fired for spitting later on.

^^ Some or all of that may be pish. I can't find any details about it online

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

40 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I have a vague recollection of Giarizzo - centre mid with long wavy hair who just vanished one week and ended up one week and it ended up being because he spat at someone in training. Berti certainly did the same thing, but I'm sure there was someone else who was fired for spitting later on.

^^ Some or all of that may be pish. I can't find any details about it online

Yep, I think both players were let go for spitting.

Goalkeepers
30. Brian Schwake - 2023
32. Max Stryjek - 2023
40. Gary Maley - 2022 (?)

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2022
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
23. Jackson Longridge - 2023
27. Jon Guthrie - 2022
Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)

Midfielders
6. Marvin Bartley - 2022
7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
18. Jason Holt - 2023
39. Carlo Pignatiello - 2022 (?)

Strikers
9. Bruce Anderson - 2024
11. Alan Forrest - 2022
14. Josh Mullin - 2023
15. Matej Poplatnik - 2022 (1 year extension option)
19. Salim Kouider-Aissa - 2022 (1 year extension option)
20. Gavin Reilly - 2022
37. Jaze Kabia - 2023
38. Jack Hamilton - 2022
Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)

In
Bruce Anderson - Aberdeen
Cristian Montano - Port Vale
Ayo Obileye - Queen of the South

Out
Efe Ambrose
Raffaele De Vita
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Aberdeen
Djibril Diani - Grasshoppers (Loan return)
Steve Lawson
Alan Lithgow
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan return)
Scott Robinson
Julien Serrano - Monaco (Loan return)
Ross Stewart - Hearts
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Scott Tiffoney

Updating this for next season. Does anyone else think we might revert to a back 3?

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I can see it happening @EdinburghLivi, I can also possibly see us just letting everyone out of contract go (maybe bar Pignatiello?)

Montano can play LWB I think, Josh can play it on the right hand side. Motherwell don't seem to enthused with Lawless, maybe tempt him back?