Livingston - all the threads merged

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Would seem to be, though who knows whether that's too late for UEFA.

Maybe one for @craigkillie. I am not sure if there will be a change this season but I believe there was a deadline in July for submitting UEFA representatives that came up during the Hearts saga.

On 01/05/2021 at 19:24, Merkland Red said:

A bit wild? Will finish at least 6th and were running Aberdeen close for 4th.

Yeah the fella is living in some sort of dreamland with his expectations, top 6 two seasons running, on either the lowest or second lowest budget, and thinks the players aren't a good enough calibre for our budget, boggles the mind how his logic works.

Yeah we've not been hitting the same performances/results since the cup final loss, but we also started the season pretty poorly till Holt quit, then went on an incredible run, way above any expectation for a team our size, and are again comfortably staying up (which is our remit each season), and again finishing top 6. It's the whole season you have to look at and where we finish, not the start, middle, or end spells. 

Martindale will make mistakes, he's new to managing the team fully, making all the calls on the pitch, this poor spell could be the making of him if he learns from it, hopefully he will because he's been unbelievable for us behind the scenes, recruiting players and the like, and deserves massive credit for our rise from League One to the Premiership. Would be shite if it all ended tits up for him now he's got his shot at management.

He's already ,making moves for players next season though, looking like Obileye is signing for us, a player we've severely been needing to add physicality in defence. Scores a few goals too, which is always a bonus from a defensive player.

Pisser the last few games are fizzling out for us dropping to 6th, but it has been 3 comfortable seasons in the top flight, compared to Accies, who are on a comparable budget with Livi, and are constantly fighting for survival each season. Which is exactly where we should be too, and all credit to Accies for being on their 7th top flight season, beating off relegation, against teams on higher budgets. Just wait till our bubble bursts and we stop punching above our weight, Livi fans will be having breakdowns all over the shop.

On 01/05/2021 at 21:07, The Wrong Car said:

I'd say a backup keeper, 2 CBs and a LB for competition, a starting striker are needed. If Tiffoney and Hamilton return I think that gives us enough options up front and in the wide positions, but I'd be hesitant to go through another season with a patchwork frontline. 

As much as it's been a disappointing season, I'd disagree that it's the biggest rebuild job. After out first season up we lost our starting keeper, two centre backs, centre mid and striker. 

Surely disappointing periods to the season, but overall it has been a really good season, reaching a cup final and back to back top 6 spots. If that is disappointing for a club of our size, on the budget we're on, then i think you're in for a lot of disappointment from Livi in the top flight.

The fact we put ourselves in the unbelievable position to challenge for 4th place, and be in a cup final, and then it fell by the wayside, yeah i understand how that was disappointing (i'm not being sarcastic), but realistically we were reaching for the stars and almost touched them.

If at the start of the season we were all asked where we'd be at the end of the season, no sane Livi fan would be saying 6th.

*edit. i agree with you on it not being a massive rebuild job, there are a good core of players to the team, and some like Stryjek and Kabia will be a lot better for us next season. Looking forward to seeing how Tiffoney and Hamilton do after successful loan spells scoring for fun too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

52 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Maybe one for @craigkillie. I am not sure if there will be a change this season but I believe there was a deadline in July for submitting UEFA representatives that came up during the Hearts saga.

The July deadline was just for last season because the competitions started in August rather than the usual end of June. I'd guess the deadline will be the end of May this year as usual, but I'd also guess that in most cases clubs will be able to get it sorted out if they do qualify.

3 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Doubt it - he only ever hangs around here like a leftover haddock curry. Neither he of his pseudonyms seem to post on anything football related or in relation to other clubs. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Surely disappointing periods to the season, but overall it has been a really good season, reaching a cup final and back to back top 6 spots. If that is disappointing for a club of our size, on the budget we're on, then i think you're in for a lot of disappointment from Livi in the top flight.

The fact we put ourselves in the unbelievable position to challenge for 4th place, and be in a cup final, and then it fell by the wayside, yeah i understand how that was disappointing (i'm not being sarcastic), but realistically we were reaching for the stars and almost touched them.

If at the start of the season we were all asked where we'd be at the end of the season, no sane Livi fan would be saying 6th.

*edit. i agree with you on it not being a massive rebuild job, there are a good core of players to the team, and some like Stryjek and Kabia will be a lot better for us next season. Looking forward to seeing how Tiffoney and Hamilton do after successful loan spells scoring for fun too.

No idea why Livi fans keep mentioning Tiffoney when by current standings he’s away. He hasn’t signed a deal and is out of contract, he won’t be staying 

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

No idea why Livi fans keep mentioning Tiffoney when by current standings he’s away. He hasn’t signed a deal and is out of contract, he won’t be staying 

TBH - if given the choice I would think a permanent move to Partick would probably suit him best; particularly if it included a regular start. Top flight or not; warming the bench is not a career aspiration at his age.

46 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I remember you saying the same about Menga.;)

Prob his best bet signing for Partick though, step up from League One and if he does well there he could be snapped up by a Premiership team, or even help Partick get promoted themselves to play there. A bit like how us dropping down a div helped us win back to back promotions with the same core group of players benefitting from a season in League One.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. He maybe won't been offered a deal until Martindale knows his budget

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I remember you saying the same about Menga.;)

Prob his best bet signing for Partick though, step up from League One and if he does well there he could be snapped up by a Premiership team, or even help Partick get promoted themselves to play there. A bit like how us dropping down a div helped us win back to back promotions with the same core group of players benefitting from a season in League One.

True :D Menga was a basket case though, he was under contract still though. Paid taxes or not :D 

I think we've just got unlucky with Tiffoney but I honestly don't reckon he's got what it takes at this level yet and wouldn't want us to hang around waiting on him getting up to speed when JH is younger and better right now

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

True :D Menga was a basket case though, he was under contract still though. Paid taxes or not :D 

I think we've just got unlucky with Tiffoney but I honestly don't reckon he's got what it takes at this level yet and wouldn't want us to hang around waiting on him getting up to speed when JH is younger and better right now

Hope so, Hamilton looked very similar to Hardie in how he moved and played, would be great if he scores a few for us next season and gets a decent run in the team.

The rebuilding job might be tricky:

- Diani hasn't shown anywhere near enough yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign him at all.

- Tiffoney clearly has potential, but we've struggled to get it out of him so perhaps moving on would be the best idea for him, although I'd have no complaints if he stayed. 

- Efe will be away. Probably Lithgow and ATS as well, so we might need to sign another CB as well as Obileye. McMillan will be raging at how little game time he's had this year as well.

- Hamilton deserves his opportunity to be around the squad next year, but there's a tendancy among Livi fans to assume he's a class above where he is. He's a promising young player, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him warm the bench for the first half of next season and go out on loan to QoS in January.

- With JET leaving then we'll be left with Matej and SAL up top, which is nowhere near Premiership quality. 

So yeah, busy summer. Martindale's done it well before, should be fun to see who comes in.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

McMillan will be raging at how little game time he's had this year as well.

He's been so unlucky with his lack of playing time. I really hope we don't lose him, he's a quality player.