Livingston - all the threads merged

Only half way through but wow, what a listen. Brilliant guy. 
If anyone hasn't listened, they absolutely should. Best Livingston related interview I've heard.
Honestly, it was such a pleasure to be able to do this interview with him.
He mentions a couple of times that he was getting emotional and its true!
To think he played less than 70 games for us and holds those kind of memories for us.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Saw that Dykes is being linked with West Brom, Fulham and Burnley. Obviously all rumours but fees were in the region of 20-25m which could be huge for us given our sell on %, could net us 3-4m on top of the 2m that we got in the first place. 

Potentially more millions to add to the directors pockets which will pose another headache for the auditors / accountants when the books need balanced. But I don’t suppose that will bother the very loyal supporters. 

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Saw that Dykes is being linked with West Brom, Fulham and Burnley. Obviously all rumours but fees were in the region of 20-25m which could be huge for us given our sell on %, could net us 3-4m on top of the 2m that we got in the first place. 

That would be fantastic, what an unbelievable good bit of business it was managing to sign Dykes. After all the great players we've had in the past going for next to nothing too, this could be the first time we've made decent money from a former player's sell on clause too.

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We didn't make anywhere near 2m cash for Dykes, it was all in appearance/goal/performance clauses. IIRC the way we were making decent money was A) Sell on and B) If QPR got promoted.

No idea how big the sell on is, but if he moves on for 20m (which as that's what McBurnie went for, isn't insane), then we'd obviously make a decent amount of cash.

Yeh,despite the doomsday rantings from Del Boy,this has the potential to be good news for the club in these trying times.Controversy has followed us from day one.Were well used to it by now and I guess it will be with us for a long time to come.Just happy that I still have a club that I follow and call my own.🦁.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Make a change from them having to dig into their own pockets then.

This has to be Nixon thinking they were hiding all the money from the accounts so he couldn't get his loan back. 😂

Nixon deal has been reached. Keep up...

21 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

We didn't make anywhere near 2m cash for Dykes, it was all in appearance/goal/performance clauses. IIRC the way we were making decent money was A) Sell on and B) If QPR got promoted.

No idea how big the sell on is, but if he moves on for 20m (which as that's what McBurnie went for, isn't insane), then we'd obviously make a decent amount of cash.

Where are you getting your info from the fucking Beano. 

19 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Yeh,despite the doomsday rantings from Del Boy,this has the potential to be good news for the club in these trying times.Controversy has followed us from day one.Were well used to it by now and I guess it will be with us for a long time to come.Just happy that I still have a club that I follow and call my own.🦁.

Another fruit loop. 

19 minutes ago, Livi Del Boy said:

Nixon deal has been reached. Keep up...

Yeah but you're obv holding a grudge from it being put on hold for a spell, when you tried to get it paid back, then leaked it to the papers we were minted after the Dykes money, as you yet again tried to force the club to pay it back. The deal was you'd be paid back when the club could afford to do so, but covid cost everyone this season, but the Dykes money helped keep us going.

16 minutes ago, Livi Del Boy said:

Another fruit loop. 

^^^No self awareness.

If you've anything substantial to say, cough up, otherwise gonna just go f**k off and stop annoying us actual Livi fans. A football forum is hardly the place to make any difference if things aren't being done up front at the club, a handful of Livi fans on here aint gonna be able to do anything.

why not piss off onto the FB page where club representatives are likely to see your pish?

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah but you're obv holding a grudge from it being put on hold for a spell, when you tried to get it paid back, then leaked it to the papers we were minted after the Dykes money, as you yet again tried to force the club to pay it back. The deal was you'd be paid back when the club could afford to do so, but covid cost everyone this season, but the Dykes money helped keep us going.

^^^No self awareness.

If you've anything substantial to say, cough up, otherwise gonna just go f**k off and stop annoying us actual Livi fans. A football forum is hardly the place to make any difference if things aren't being done up front at the club, a handful of Livi fans on here aint gonna be able to do anything.

why not piss off onto the FB page where club representatives are likely to see your pish?

Livi chief John Ward told SunSport they don’t have the funds to re-pay the loan. He claimed: “Our projections for the year are for a loss of between £1.6m and £2m.”

Meanwhile, the SFA set are set to probe Livi’s links with controversial lawyer Gordon Beurksens.

He was jailed for 18 months in 2014 for embezzling an elderly couple’s life savings.

But Beurskens has been acting as a ‘legal advisor’ to Livi, and was involved in the hearing which saw boss Davie Martindale passed fit and proper by the SFA.

We will lose so many goals next season if we go with Devlin and Longridge as full backs. 

You can maybe get away with one of them charging up the pitch but both of them going leaves us so exposed at the back. I think Fitzwater needs protection to get through the game and he just isn't getting it in this system.

Not sure if someone in the midfield isn't doing their job or if they're all charging forwards to get one of the hit and hope cutbacks from the right. Broken record but Devlin playing on the overlap is making me lose the will to live. 

Only two positives from today were that Kabia looks great and Stryjek is clearly a good keeper now he's being tested from a crap defence. 

Such a disappointing end to the season and I'm really not liking what this team has become. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

It's strange that Martindale isn't happy with playing two attacking wingers, resulting in bizarre lopsided formations, yet lets his LB and RB attack at will. 

On currently form Jack McMillan surely deserves a go at RB, although I probably could have said this at any point between September and now.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We will lose so many goals next season if we go with Devlin and Longridge as full backs. 

You can maybe get away with one of them charging up the pitch but both of them going leaves us so exposed at the back. I think Fitzwater needs protection to get through the game and he just isn't getting it in this system.

Not sure if someone in the midfield isn't doing their job or if they're all charging forwards to get one of the hit and hope cutbacks from the right. Broken record but Devlin playing on the overlap is making me lose the will to live. 

Only two positives from today were that Kabia looks great and Stryjek is clearly a good keeper now he's being tested from a crap defence. 

Such a disappointing end to the season and I'm really not liking what this team has become. 

We're so vulnerable at those wing back positions. Fitzwater could do with a spell out on loan in the Championship I reckon. Guthrie is a bit weak/timid at times, he needs a strong powerful CB next to him who can go in and smash people whereas Fitzwater is the same as Guthrie I think. Obileye could be the one to just come in and be strong/smash folk if we do indeed sign him. 

I genuinely do think we're in desperate need of going back out to sign a few big bad b*****ds who can bully teams. There's a lot of players who are far too timid when going in to win those second balls and it's severely hampering our game. The players that usually just stick a toe in for those second balls like Pittman, Sibbald, Lawson are fine but we still need people to roll over some others in those situations like Bartley does, Holt is the only one that seems to go 50/50 and does a bit of both. Devlin is one that will fly into it but we need more of that.

Devlin seriously needs to work on either his crossing or his positioning defensively. 

Kabia needs to start against Rangers for me, every time he has a chance he does something. Scores v Killie, Brown sent off v Celtic, assist today. He's producing results so play him. 

I'm getting really disheartened by this side as well, we finished top 6 and it's a successful season sure but these performances and results are unacceptable. It smacks of the players waiting for the season to finish as it's job done. The motivation is gone since the cup final and the season was a write off from there on for them. 

Not saying Martindale should go, but the good merit he had saved up from that great run is gone now. Questions will start to get asked if we continue on this track for the last 2 games. When he was appointed I'm sure it was mentioned as a thing to the summer and see what happens, so possibly he steps back to assistant again?

I can't see him stepping back into an assistant role, given few managers would work under a Assistant/DOF with experience of managing the team. 

I agree it's a big summer in terms of recruitment, given the players at our disposal don't seem to match the tags given to Livi. When was the last time we kept a clean sheet for example?

26 minutes ago, Livi Del Boy said:

Oh ma sides 😆😆😆

Guy on here called Scrutinizer. You and he should share a room.Would get on like a house on 🔥. Remember when both of you were actually Livi fans.Yeh,thought not.🤷‍♂️.