Livingston - all the threads merged

Annoying they haven't done announcements for the new contracts yet.

I believe the below are the players out of contract although I don't have confirmation of Pignatiello and Tiffoney signing a 'x-year deal' at any point so have put them as (?).

Future Unclear

Maley, Lithgow, Serrano (Loan), Ambrose, Taylor-Sinclair, Diani (Loan), Lawson, De Vita, Pignatiello (?), Stewart, Tiffoney (?)

Unlikely to stay

Robinson, Emmanuel-Thomas

I'd imagine that puts us somewhere here in terms of a starting XI for next season. I'm just hoping we're 433 and not our stupid asymmetrical formation where we drop Forrest/Mullin for Holt
image.png.f066e51ef92aeb0069cdb455ba52f6f1.png

Weak points there are Fitzwater and maybe Hamilton depending on how he steps up. Generally speaking I'd say that's a squad strong enough to stay up based on starting XI alone.

Fitzwater seems to have a tendency to be good 80% of the time, and horrific the rest. If Ambrose is leaving it would be good to get another CB in for competition, rather than just players that can cover there. 

With Holt, McMillan and possibly Diani as first team options, the squad looks in good shape. A backup keeper, LB/LCB (possibly Diani and/or Obileye) and a striker are the main aims, with anyone else probably brought in to cover players out on loan. 

All in all, not the worst position to be in. 

33 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
34 minutes ago, Durnford said:
Rumour is both Guthrie and Devlin will be the next to activate their extension options.

I'm sure those were club options and Davie already said they'd be taking them up

Think there was a hold-up with the paperwork - well according to Callum Carson anyway.

30 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Think there was a hold-up with the paperwork - well according to Callum Carson anyway.

According to DM they're all done, and will be here next season. Livingston boss David Martindale admits fan return uncertainty could see him work with reduced budget next season - Daily Record

“Nicky Devlin, Jon Guthrie and Josh Mullin all had options that have been picked up, so they’re all done. Nicky and Jon had one year options and Josh two, so they’ll all be here next season.

Wee bit more encouraged after the second half showing tonight, but the damage was done in the first half with the mental decision to play a back three of Ambrose, Lithgow and Guthrie and have them sit relatively high. Fucking bewildering.

I'm quite conflicted as to how I feel about our current run since the cup semi-final - on one hand, we have turned in some absolutely horrific performances (away to Dundee Utd, the cup final itself, Motherwell away and the trip to Parkhead), but on the other, have we actually lost a game in that stretch where you'd have said it's a 'should' win? On paper, the teams we've played and not beat in this stretch either have squads of a similar calibre to ours (Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee Utd?), or are superior in quality, so it's hardly a surprise that reality is catching up with us. The cup final has obviously had a massive effect mentally, as you'd expect, but I'm a bit concerned Martindale, as of yet, hasn't managed to land on any effective line-up in the two months since. I also don't think it's a surprise we have looked off it since Robinson dialled it in.

We've obviously lost key players in the preceding two summers in this position, but this one is by far and away the biggest of the lot (so far). A massive one for Martindale to hopefully get right.

This weekend and next weekend are huge.

3 Scottish Cup wins from Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen and we can be almost certain of 5th place making Europe. The following weekend, we play Aberdeen at home while St. Johnstone are away to Hibs.

If we better their result, we are very likely to finish 5th place. If we don't, I'm far from confident we will.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Fantastic player.Turned us around.But on the bigger picture Bingham for me ,what a player.Had the ability to turn a game on its head on his own.On so many Occasions when we struggled he turned up trumps to get us over the winning line.And I've got video evidence to prove it.But Fernández was exceptionall.Both legends.🦁💛👍

On 22/04/2021 at 17:00, EdinburghLivi said:

This weekend and next weekend are huge.

3 Scottish Cup wins from Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen and we can be almost certain of 5th place making Europe. The following weekend, we play Aberdeen at home while St. Johnstone are away to Hibs.

If we better their result, we are very likely to finish 5th place. If we don't, I'm far from confident we will.

We’re not finishing 5th. And even if we do, we’re not making Europe. 

Bit deflated after those results this weekend. Season well and truly petering out.