Livingston - all the threads merged

8 minutes ago, Lucky bamboo said:

Fact, LFC will not play in Europe next season be because of the no production of 19/20 Accounts. 

1. Can someone tell me why please? 

2. Why they have not been produced? 

3. What the problem is? 

4. What is the names of the Auditors and Accountants responsible for this? 

5. Who at the club is responsible for not submitting and ultimately denying our club the right to play in Europe should we achieve the desired position in the league? 

You've spammed it all over P&B already. Stop talking shite, a lot of what was in the initial article has been covered. 

New account turns up and starts trying to talk up shite, wouldn't be surprised if you were Nixon ffs :D 

It's as much of a fact as saying Killie wont be playing Premiership football next season

Edited by ATLIS

12 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If you actually looked on Companies House, June 2020 accounts are due by 30th June 2021. 3 month extension to all private companies was granted last year.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC142420 

This extension is a UK government extension and unfortunately this has not been recognised by the SFA or UEFA. 10 English clubs in England   and one Scottish club ( Livingston) have in breach 1.  Please check to clarify .

Felt really good about us today with Max back in the goal. We looked so much better at the back until we got done overcommitting on an attack we should have scored from. 

I still have my reservations about the right side of defence but one battle at a time.

Martindale basically confirming JET won't be at the club next season in the interview after the game. A shame as he's a real talent when he's on form.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Felt really good about us today with Max back in the goal. We looked so much better at the back until we got done overcommitting on an attack we should have scored from. 

I still have my reservations about the right side of defence but one battle at a time.

Max was fantastic today...couldn't do anything about either goal but everything else I had full faith in him dealing with. He comes for high balls so well. As for the right side of defence I'd like to see us try McMillan instead of Devlin for a bit. Jack is more defensive minded but Devlin's crossing is so inconsistent that I don't think you'd lose much by dropping him. It comes to something when Longridge, who some fans were writing off before he kicked a ball for us, is a more consistent performer. A few times recently that Devlin has looked lost, made a mistake or had a total brain fart and thumped the ball into danger.

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Max was fantastic today...couldn't do anything about either goal but everything else I had full faith in him dealing with. He comes for high balls so well. As for the right side of defence I'd like to see us try McMillan instead of Devlin for a bit. Jack is more defensive minded but Devlin's crossing is so inconsistent that I don't think you'd lose much by dropping him. It comes to something when Longridge, who some fans were writing off before he kicked a ball for us, is a more consistent performer. A few times recently that Devlin has looked lost, made a mistake or had a total brain fart and thumped the ball into danger.

Agree with every word. Steve Lawson is also, in my opinion, a better right-back.

Longridge was really good again today.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Still like Devlin playing for his surging runs, but his final ball needs a lot of work, his decision to cut it back instead of firing one across the 6 yard box led to Aberdeen breaking on us and scoring.

Max was solid in goals but pish at penalties, how the feck he missed that first pen is beyond me, it was a poor pen.

Jet looks better every game he plays now, but looks like he'll be away next season, Mullin not getting on is looking like he'll be away too, but don't understand Martindale not playing him when he's ok playing Jet, as good as Jet was you'd have thought he'd have stuck Mullin on in ET for fresh legs, and maybe a bit of magic from a set piece so it didn't go to pens. Talk of Poplatnik being away next season too.

43 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Close season is gonna be massive.for Martindale.

A transition and a half coming up.

Who we bring in and who go's ,will determine how next season plays out,if he gets it right then happy days,if not I fear we're in bother...

He did a pretty good job recruiting last time when Halkett, Gallagher, Kelly, Hardie etc. left so I have faith in him. 

Jack Hamilton coming back after banging in almost 20 goals should be massive for us.

13 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

He did a pretty good job recruiting last time when Halkett, Gallagher, Kelly, Hardie etc. left so I have faith in him. 

Jack Hamilton coming back after banging in almost 20 goals should be massive for us.

Hopeful of Jack Hamilton making the step up,if he can then we've won a watch..

Time will tell recruitment wise,hopeful davie gets it right again.

18 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Hopeful of Jack Hamilton making the step up,if he can then we've won a watch..

Time will tell recruitment wise,hopeful davie gets it right again.

Is it really that bad, we've had a lot bigger recruitment issues pre season, losing our best CB's, and keeper (twice), then Dykes and Lawless last season, who between them scored 20 odd goals for us.

We've already made moves for a big CB come holding mid from QotS, Hammy and Tiffs coming back after scoring tons of goals on loan should be good for us up front, Kabia has looked decent in the games he's got on, and should get a lot more game time next season, maybe get on in the mid 3 if Forrest plays up front. Still to see what Diani offers, another big physical player.

Pretty sure Martindale will have a few other targets from lower league teams, and prob some loan players from abroad again too. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is it really that bad, we've had a lot bigger recruitment issues pre season, losing our best CB's, and keeper (twice), then Dykes and Lawless last season, who between them scored 20 odd goals for us.

We've already made moves for a big CB come holding mid from QotS, Hammy and Tiffs coming back after scoring tons of goals on loan should be good for us up front, Kabia has looked decent in the games he's got on, and should get a lot more game time next season, maybe get on in the mid 3 if Forrest plays up front. Still to see what Diani offers, another big physical player.

Pretty sure Martindale will have a few other targets from lower league teams, and prob some loan players from abroad again too. 

Tiffoney is out of contract though. Kabia will end up out on loan to Arbroath/East Fife until January. We're keen on Diani's option to buy so hoping he's class.

The issue is that some of the replacement recruiting has been shoddy, look at the strikers that we signed in Lokotsch/SKA/Poplatnik. They've made little impact, and the best of the lot was Hamilton who's been out on loan all season or Scott Robinson up front(?). We've replaced our best CBs with Guthrie, Dykes with no one and Lawless with Mullin/Forrest but we only ever just play one of them. We're slowly downgrading and failing to find proper replacements. 

This is maybe the season for a bigger overhaul rather than filling the gaps. Too many players like Holt, Lawson, ATS, Efe, Fitzwater, Robinson, Keaghan and Lithgow all just collecting a wage for low return. Obviously a few injuries in there but there's a lot of money going into players who we don't see much out of. 

Serrano's loan was good up until Longridge came back and seemingly has been playing better. I imagine a lot of the recruitment could be dependent on whether we end up with European football or not (Good luck to Hibs/Rangers/Aberdeen in the cup for that one). It could free up a bit of money, also has a bit of a pull for players thinking of joining.

Edited by ATLIS

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Tiffoney is out of contract though. Kabia will end up out on loan to Arbroath/East Fife until January. We're keen on Diani's option to buy so hoping he's class.

The issue is that some of the replacement recruiting has been shoddy, look at the strikers that we signed in Lokotsch/SKA/Poplatnik. They've made little impact, and the best of the lot was Hamilton who's been out on loan all season or Scott Robinson up front(?). We've replaced our best CBs with Guthrie, Dykes with no one and Lawless with Mullin/Forrest but we only ever just play one of them. We're slowly downgrading and failing to find proper replacements. 

This is maybe the season for a bigger overhaul rather than filling the gaps. Too many players like Holt, Lawson, ATS, Efe, Fitzwater, Robinson, Keaghan and Lithgow all just collecting a wage for low return. Obviously a few injuries in there but there's a lot of money going into players who we don't see much out of. 

Serrano's loan was good up until Longridge came back and seemingly has been playing better. I imagine a lot of the recruitment could be dependent on whether we end up with European football or not (Good luck to Hibs/Rangers/Aberdeen in the cup for that one). It could free up a bit of money, also has a bit of a pull for players thinking of joining.

Hardly downgrading though when we got to a cup final and are sitting 5th again. Lokotch could've been a decent prospect if he didn't get homesick during the pandemic and wanted back home, Forrest was scoring for fun early season, and is still learning and progressing, so was Mullin when we first signed him, i'd be delighted if both are playing for us next season, but Mullin could be away. Disagree on Poplatnik too, looked a good player once he got up to speed, then got injured, he's shown good spells and scored some goals, i think with a good pre season he'd be decent next season, but heard he was leaving us at the end of the season too. We disagree on Holt too, imo he's been a good signing. Only striker that looked well off Premiership standard is Sal, got my doubts he'll improve enough to get into our first team, also looked over weight and not fit enough. Reminds me of Mackin, could score goals but just looked slow and unfit.

There have been some really frustrating recruitment decisions made, but I can't argue with the result.

The amount of strikers we signed last year was silly, and it just did not work. SKA was an inevitable failure from the moment it was mentioned, I have no idea why he was brought in. Lokotsch just didn't work out, but he was clearly just a Wish version of Dykes. Matej has taken an entire season to become fit enough to be a benchwarmer. Stokes was a mess. JET has been the most hot & cold player I can remember at Livi. It's looking like we're going to have to do the same thing all over again this summer.

But on the whole, recruitment has been fantastic and I'd back DM to do it again. After losing Halkett and Gallagher then our defense looked stunning for a while. Guthrie and Devlin have shown themselves to be phenomenal signings. Fitzwater has been inconsistent, but still decent. Brown was great for the time we had him. Efe/Holt have been great additions to the team. 

Should be a fun summer.

18 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Tiffoney is out of contract though

I hope we can get him signed again. Promising player. He reminds me a bit of Steven Naismith. 

I suspect Tiffoney will be on the look out for a club that can offer him a guaranteed first team place; actually Partick would probably be top of the list IMO; seems to have settled well and is enjoying his football again.

Emmanuel Thomas really seems to be developing some form of consistency; his fitness has improved significantly and his close ball control and strength consistently seemed to cause most defences (outside the top two) problems. I hope he's around next season and continued to improve.

I'm not sure anyone can truly criticise Holts efforts and enthusiasm for the game even if some of his tackles seem over to top unnecessary but recently he's repeatedly proved to be over confident; to linger too long on the ball and ultimately get robbed. Time and again he put the defence under pressure unnecessarily. Likewise his aggression in the penalty shootout was really unwarranted. Neither keeper actually managed to make a save but Stryjek looked the most likely - effectively all he needed to do was hit the target. I suspect he would really benefit from a spell on the bench to cool his heals a bit.

Guthrie was an odd one on Saturday; repeatedly he seemed to bet caught in no-man's land uncharacteristically. I wonder if this is related to him feeling he needed to support Fitzwater more but, whatever the reason, it kept leaving a wider gap than necessary between where he and Longridge (should() have been.

Longridge played better when Forrest and Sibbald were on the pitch but, once they were removed, he really seemed to struggle - Its funny because I've often said that Devlin performs better when Mullin is there ahead of him compared to when he needs to cover both attack and defence.

With fifth place looking the most likely outcome perhaps its time to give Diani and Kabia a start. Also McMillan who didn't disgrace himself on Saturday but looked a bit lacking in Stamina.

Really don't think Tiffoney will be a huge loss. He's found his level IMO. 

JET is a weird one as he's starting to look okay but on a whole he's probably not the fit we need in a striker. He said he's more than likely off, he had a deal lined up to go to China for silly money and it fell through due to COVID. He's mentioned there's interest from Asia again so he'll be away I'm sure.

Just a waiting game for us really, a lot of things are out of our hands. St Johnstone need to gain at least 1 point on us but play Rangers, Celtic and Hibs - while we play Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen in the same stretch. If we get 1 point out of those 3 games then we could be out of reach of them come the last game of the season and confirm 5th. We're basically just hoping those teams beat St Johnstone at this point, and then Hibs, Rangers or Aberdeen win the cup. 

We've shown in the season before and after Dykes we don't necessarily need a prolific striker to do well, just someone that can give us an out ball, run about a lot, and pressure defenders. Menga did it when Hardie was injured, and this season we've had 3 or 4 players filling that role.

Jet has def been better playing on the right wing, even when he wasn't fit he did ok playing there. Guess we'll have to wait and see how covid is doing in Asian Countries, Jet may not be able to play football out that way next season still, and stick with us till a better offer comes along. The way he's improved these last few games he'd hit 15/16 goals easy next season if he's still here.