Livingston - all the threads merged

12 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The latest one is here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7557/club-licensing-current-update-february-2021.pdf

They presumably apply to all nations. You see it in the footnotes on Wikipedia, four clubs failed to get a licence here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_UEFA_Europa_League#Teams

Page 80 of the SFA licensing manual has the UEFA criteria.

Thanks for the info!

I read from a 2012 UEFA licensing update that exemptions could be applied for teams from lower divisions but there are only mentions of exemptions in relation to FFP in later versions. It seems like SFA would have to be generous in applying for a license based on pandemic circumstances.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

Can understand Covid affecting money for the youth system up to a point.
Failing to submit accounts by the required time? No excuse.

It appears there was a 3 month extension for private companies to submit annual accounts last year. I noticed this recently as our accounts (as of June) usually come out end of March. As a result, I imagine SFA could show leniency on this ruling.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-companies-etc-filing-requirements-temporary-modifications-regulations-2020/temporary-changes-to-companies-house-filing-requirements 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

22 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Administration approaching? What would that be for the Subsidy junkies, 3 or 4?

Heaven knows what their situation would have been like without the Dykes money!

Livingston face European football exclusion over regulations failure - BBC Sport

hahaha what the f**k are you on about? The club just announced it's reached an agreement with Nixon to clear the remaining debt. We've cleared about 2m over the last five years and haven't made a loss in at least 6.

Falkirk on the other hand, might not survive at all if they f**k up promotion this time around...

Edited by ATLIS

Can we please stop playing JET up front on his own? I am begging Martindale to consign the notion to the fucking bin. We're totally blunted as a team if the front man cannot press, we were snookered after 15 minutes in today. If Robinson is away as suspected come the end of the season I'd go as far to say we're looking at signing another tranche of strikers to replace the current lot. 

I'm also seriously concerned that Stryjek's back must be totally fucked. No way we're persisting with McCrorie otherwise.

All in all, feels like this season is dying out with a whimper. Wouldn't be surprised at all if St Johnstone overtook us. We desperately need something to click otherwise I'm struggling to see how we progress in the Cup next week nor get another point on the board this season.

I feel your pain Atlas.Would be great to see two young proper strikers start for us in every game.Our midfield aiming for one cumbersome striker at the best of times is so frustrating.Our over acheiving season is in danger of whimpering out when we could have gained so much Imo.Yeh,we've survived but do we settle for what we've got.?.Don't think so.

I think JET will probably start against Aberdeen given the problems he caused them earlier in the season. 

He had a few opportunities to have a go today but held onto the ball for far too long in all of them. No idea why when he can clearly hit a decent shot. 

Jack Hamilton scored again today, I imagine he will be coming back to be our first choice next season.

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

I feel your pain Atlas.Would be great to see two young proper strikers start for us in every game.Our midfield aiming for one cumbersome striker at the best of times is so frustrating.Our over acheiving season is in danger of whimpering out when we could have gained so much Imo.Yeh,we've survived but do we settle for what we've got.?.Don't think so.

On one hand, when you consider we've essentially went the entire season without a dedicated striker, have swapped 'keepers around like nobody's business, and had a fairly horrible opening four months to the campaign, to eek out the results we have to make the top six is a fairly remarkable achievement.

On the other hand, building up such a head of momentum as we did from the start of Martindale's tenure and having no tangible reward come the end of the season would be bitterly disappointing. If we'd have won the cup I'd have almost not really have been bothered about the league form in all honesty, but having lost that and in the manner that we did, not finishing 5th which would bring a good chance of European football* would be a sore one.

Edited by Afro

Yeh agree Afro.Unforturtanty the striker situation we have at the moment is hampering us at the moment.One man up front in Jet doesn't work.And thats  fact.Ok il accept, Parkhead wasn't the best place to try this.They blew us away today.We are still in the driving seat for 5th.And an outside chance of European football. Up to us to claim it

🦁🦁🦁🇪🇺

Sometimes I really hate Livi (if we finish 5th and f**k up Europe if top 4 win the cup it'll be next level) but I can guarantee that next week if we put Aberdeen out the cup I'll be swinging about saying how good McCrorie and Jet are. 

Think a lot of Livi fans are genuinely emotional when it comes to reacting to results

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Sometimes I really hate Livi (if we finish 5th and f**k up Europe if top 4 win the cup it'll be next level) but I can guarantee that next week if we put Aberdeen out the cup I'll be swinging about saying how good McCrorie and Jet are. 

Think a lot of Livi fans are genuinely emotional when it comes to reacting to results

You think so.🤣

A win against Aberdeen in the cup and Hibs in the league in our next 2 games and everything will be coming up roses again.

Yesterdays result has just confirmed my thought's on a squad clear-out. It's all too clear that certain players need moved on

Since the St.Mirren League Cup Semi this squad has been going backwards, the WHOLE team having an off day, not for the first time this season

Martindale sticking  with this 4-2-3-1 system, he certainly changes players about, with no real improvements
Yesterday he starts of with his usual 4-2-3-1,which
in this case turns into a 7-2-1 and Celtic still manage run through them and score six.

The League cup final, a major trophy and  Martindale is more concerned  what the opposition are going to do, positive thinking was needed in this game ,ST.Johnstone won this too easy, Livi players and the Manager went into this with a 
'can't win attitude'

My opinion, first thing is to scrap 4-2-3-1
bring in If possible,3 new attacking midfielders, A new solid Centre back that doesn't hide.
If possible 2 mobile forwards

Fizzywater, BARTLEY, HOLT, Mullin, Reilly, Jet, Hamilton,
McCrorie all need binned.

There's quite a few more that could  get their Jotters if they don't improve. Martindale needs to show he can change the system, not just swapping players about game to game.

Livi  won't  win another game this season

30 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Yesterdays result has just confirmed my thought's on a squad clear-out. It's all too clear that certain players need moved on

Since the St.Mirren League Cup Semi this squad has been going backwards, the WHOLE team having an off day, not for the first time this season

Martindale sticking  with this 4-2-3-1 system, he certainly changes players about, with no real improvements
Yesterday he starts of with his usual 4-2-3-1,which
in this case turns into a 7-2-1 and Celtic still manage run through them and score six.

The League cup final, a major trophy and  Martindale is more concerned  what the opposition are going to do, positive thinking was needed in this game ,ST.Johnstone won this too easy, Livi players and the Manager went into this with a 
'can't win attitude'

My opinion, first thing is to scrap 4-2-3-1
bring in If possible,3 new attacking midfielders, A new solid Centre back that doesn't hide.
If possible 2 mobile forwards

Fizzywater, BARTLEY, HOLT, Mullin, Reilly, Jet, Hamilton,
McCrorie all need binned.

There's quite a few more that could  get their Jotters if they don't improve. Martindale needs to show he can change the system, not just swapping players about game to game.

Livi  won't  win another game this season

Fitzwater's issue is that he has 3 or 4 good games, and then makes two big mistakes in the one game and loses his place. Rinse and repeat. If he can focus and stay consistent he'll be okay for us. 

Bartley is aging out, I imagine next season we'll start to pick and choose the games he plays. He'll play against more physical bottom 6 teams to see us through games but a new DM will hopefully be able to step up for bigger games.

Holt is guilty of doing what Marvin does, only a bit worse. He might do well if he's sitting as a DM on his own but he constantly just gives up and lets the game pass him by.

Mullin, I think is away. Martindale is doing the same thing he did with Byrne and just leaving him out if he's not staying. He's a good wide player with a great delivery but he's falling foul of our system relying on him to produce everything when he plays. He's marked out of games hard. I don't imagine he'd be hard to find a replacement for though

Reilly is a bit meh, he'll do okay but he didn't get a huge chance and then got a bad injury. Worth another season just to see how he goes.

Jet is so hot and cold, it's annoying. His inconsistency I think is what means we should let him go.

McCrorie should be binned absolutely, Stryjek should be in for us. 

Hamilton needs to play, a huge make or break season for him. If he gets 5 goals next season then we're on to a winner as he'll only get better from there. He's got all the physical attributes needed to succeed.

For me:
Mullin/Jet/McCrorie - Out - Mullin is more of a gone than want gone.
Fitzwater/Bartley/Holt/Reilly/Hamilton - Stay - More a case of what I think DM will do

Edited by ATLIS

I doubt Bartley will be away given his role as Reserve Manager, however I can definitely see him playing a lesser role given Diani looks a similar fit. 

It would be a shame if Mullin does go, a lot of the problems he faces could be solved by playing him alongside Forrest as we'd at least have a varied attack. 

I'd like to see Fitzwater, Holt and Reilly given another chance. Fitzwater and Reilly (along with Poplatnik) seemed to miss reserve team football as any game time they got carried a bit more importance, rather than a chance to get fit. 

I'd be interested to see if Lawson stays. Next year will be his 4th at the club and given he's out of contract and never really cemented a position that'll show if we're sticking with the same group or going for a refresh. 

Atlis I agree with some of what you're saying, but I don't hold back, what I see in a game, I speak my mind
The biggest problem is this system of playing 2 defensive midfielders

Bartley is finished, Holt does nothing  positive, constantly hiding, passes the ball back and to the side, midfielders should be going forward, not playing in front of a defence, If the team is struggling in a game, get another defender on, and leave the midfield for getting  forward.
In other words there shouldn't be such a thing as a defensive  midfielder.

Lawson is another player we know can be good, but also can disappear more often than not

Sibbald and Pittman can be good, and would benefit from another 2 good attacking  midfielders alongside.

Fizzywater in my opinion is not a central defender, he's lightweight, not  solid or commanding enough, gets caught out of position too often.

Overall there's way too many players that panic and rush passes, not enough composure, Forrest, and Pittman to lesser  extent come under this category

Jet could  be ok for 45min if he had another striker and more attacking midfielders around him, playing up front himself is totally  baffling

What I've seen of Hamilton is not good enough for this league, he's not mobile enough, his lack of a good positioning sense and work rate is limited .

The very first thing Martindale needs to do is look at his formation, because 4-2-3-1 is not working.
You can keep changing  players about, but that won't solve you're  chance of winning  with this system

2 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

Atlis I agree with some of what you're saying, but I don't hold back, what I see in a game, I speak my mind
The biggest problem is this system of playing 2 defensive midfielders

Bartley is finished, Holt does nothing  positive, constantly hiding, passes the ball back and to the side, midfielders should be going forward, not playing in front of a defence, If the team is struggling in a game, get another defender on, and leave the midfield for getting  forward.
In other words there shouldn't be such a thing as a defensive  midfielder.

Lawson is another player we know can be good, but also can disappear more often than not

Sibbald and Pittman can be good, and would benefit from another 2 good attacking  midfielders alongside.

Fizzywater in my opinion is not a central defender, he's lightweight, not  solid or commanding enough, gets caught out of position too often.

Overall there's way too many players that panic and rush passes, not enough composure, Forrest, and Pittman to lesser  extent come under this category

Jet could  be ok for 45min if he had another striker and more attacking midfielders around him, playing up front himself is totally  baffling

What I've seen of Hamilton is not good enough for this league, he's not mobile enough, his lack of a good positioning sense and work rate is limited .

The very first thing Martindale needs to do is look at his formation, because 4-2-3-1 is not working.
You can keep changing  players about, but that won't solve you're  chance of winning  with this system

I'd like to see us go back to the 352 or do a 433.

If we could pick up someone like Regan Hendry then we're laughing. Bartley was finished at the start of the season according to some but he's done well in a lot of games. Maybe not got it in him to do anything against Hibs/Celtic/Rangers but one for the likes of Hamilton/Motherwell etc... where he can use his experience to the betterment of the result.

Holt's big issue is that he's good at many things, perfect at none. He has so many good qualities but nothing sets him above another. Good player for supplementing real star level quality which we don't have. 

Lawson hasn't showed what it takes to stay. Good guy but the epitome of inconsistency and always prone to a mistake.

Sibbald/Pittman/Hendry middle 3 would be fantastic IMO but maybe a bit prone to not having that real powerhouse in the middle. Here's hoping (if we buy him) Diani can bulk up and become that for us. He's about 6'5, if he puts on muscle he'll be incredible. Saw someone mention prime Yaya Touré just from his physique alone :D Wonder what Odoffin's contract situation is if Hamilton go down, maybe a relegation clause? 

Fitz is on a 3 year deal, so I can't see him away. Will concede that he'd be a decent backup/rotation option for us until he gets more consistent or just gets better in general. 

I don't reckon it's worth keeping Jet around for an occasional hit or miss 45 minutes

Hamilton needs a chance, a full run of a season in the team or off the bench to see how he competes. He's scored something like 13 goals in 20 league games. If that was any other player in League 1/Championship we'd be falling over ourselves to beg the club to sign him. He's still only 20. He turns 21 in June. Over 3 leagues and 2 cups this season he has a goal every 141 minutes. He needs to get a chance.

Before people start talking about binning player I would point out that we're not in the financial position to replace them.

Unfortunately we don't have a reserve system and the youth system has been out since the Braveheart debacle.

At the moment financial survival should be the primary concern.

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Before people start talking about binning player I would point out that we're not in the financial position to replace them.

Unfortunately we don't have a reserve system and the youth system has been out since the Braveheart debacle.

At the moment financial survival should be the primary concern.

We can always replace those on the same wages as those outgoing? We've settled all of our remaining debt with Nixon and hold no further debt. I see absolutely no reason why there should be any worry about financial survival at all. We do have a reserve/youth team though, just not a youth system. Remember we also have links with local junior sides as well 

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

???