Livingston - all the threads merged

Obileye would be a great signing 9 goals in 22 games as a CB. From what I know he's a perfect fit for us 
He's been playing just in front of the CB's recently tbf. He's also been taking our penalties and score them all (4/5 can't remember how many). He's never missed a penalty apparently and that stat will impress you even more if you see him taking one. Heart in mouth stuff. He is a threat from set pieces though and is an absolute giant of a figure. Quite gutted we won't see him in the flesh tbh.

I reckon if deployed properly he can make the step up. I think with a pacey CB beside him he'd fit in well. He isn't the most mobile but he'll win everything in the air that comes near him. I've actually preferred him in sitting in front of the back 4 though as he clearly knows what kind of protection a CB wants and is calm on the ball so will find a pass more often than not rather than booting it away. I don't think he'll be as big a success as Dykes but I hope he does well. Seems a good guy from the little we've seen from him in interviews.

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's been playing just in front of the CB's recently tbf. He's also been taking our penalties and score them all (4/5 can't remember how many). He's never missed a penalty apparently and that stat will impress you even more if you see him taking one. Heart in mouth stuff. He is a threat from set pieces though and is an absolute giant of a figure. Quite gutted we won't see him in the flesh tbh.

I reckon if deployed properly he can make the step up. I think with a pacey CB beside him he'd fit in well. He isn't the most mobile but he'll win everything in the air that comes near him. I've actually preferred him in sitting in front of the back 4 though as he clearly knows what kind of protection a CB wants and is calm on the ball so will find a pass more often than not rather than booting it away. I don't think he'll be as big a success as Dykes but I hope he does well. Seems a good guy from the little we've seen from him in interviews.

Could fit into the Ciaron Brown role, reckon we'd have won the cup had Ciaron not left to go back to Cardiff, his stats for winning the ball in the air were amazing. Also could be a replacement for Marv as a holding midfielder, sitting in front of the defence. We like to have players that can fit several positions.

So rumours we have so far (and who they'd replace) are:

Ayo Obileye - replacing out of contract Efe/Lithgow, also covers areas ATS/Brown played. 9 goals 22 games as a CB is mental, even if he takes penalties. Big strong CB that's good in the air would be like having Guthrie, next to Guthrie. If he's good on the ball it can only be good news too, would provide great cover for Bartley who'll begin aging out the side soon. Will be 27 next season we in the prime of his career and able to maintain it for a good while.  (Joint 2nd top goalscorer in the Championship with Connor Shields too)

Aidan McAdams - replacing McCrorie, 22yo keeper at Morton. Available for minimal compensation as he's not been there long, Scotland u15, 16, 17, 19 caps and came through at Rangers. Would imagine he comes in as a backup/cup keeper and Stryjek moves to permanent starter

Connor Shields - replacing Robinson, 17 games 9 goals. Good record and available on a free, only 23 too. Don't know much about what kind of striker he is but we have Hamilton to step into the big physical forward role for next season so another option seems good. He's joint second top goalscorer in the Championship with Obileye which is a decent stat for both. 

Regan Hendry - 23 year old CM at Raith, played with Celtic at youth level. Out of contract and at 23 no compensation required, one of the ones that seems to have done well in a Raith team pushing at the top end of the table. Could provide good Sibbald/Holt cover and one that will develop a bit more at a higher level.

Manny Duku - another one at Raith, but a big physical striker. 6'2, 5 goals in 17 but a player that I think would fit the style of forward we look for. Out of contract and free, at 28 you'd expect a fairly instant impact though so likely a gamble

Lewis Strapp - 21 year old LB that'd replace Serrano and ATS if they're gone at the end of the season. Played a good 60+ career games across loans and Morton at 21 so a good level of experience. Only downside is we'd likely need to pay compensation for him but Morton seem to be desperate for any level of cash and may be willing to make a deal. 

Strapp is under contract for another season so it'd be a transfer fee rather than just compensation. Obviously we're in a state, but even at that if we were letting him go for less than six figures there'd be flaming bricks getting launched at the board's windows and I doubt anyone will be paying that.

Strapp is under contract for another season so it'd be a transfer fee rather than just compensation. Obviously we're in a state, but even at that if we were letting him go for less than six figures there'd be flaming bricks getting launched at the board's windows and I doubt anyone will be paying that.
If Livi are genuinely interested we might cut a similar deal to the one we did with dykes and Tiffoney. Smaller fee and the player stays with selling club on loan

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Are those rumours or just more of a wish list? Obileye is the only one I've actually seen us linked with I think. 

Genuine rumours based on stuff I’ve seen across Twitter. Fits the bill with our method of signing as well. Think a lot of the conversation came from us being interested in more out of contract championship players. 

41 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Away to Aberdeen in the next round of the Scottish cup.

Home to Forfar or Dundee United if we win. 

Another performance like we put in against Aberdeen last time and we will have a good chance.

I'd like to see Poplatnick get more game time,for me he seems to hav a bit more awareness in and around the opposition box,than some of our other options.

Great turnaround by the lads on Saturday after a tricky start and no fear about a trip to Pittodrie in the next round..

Edited by Whitburn Vale

3 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I'd like to see Poplatnick get more game time,for me he seems to hav a bit more awareness in and around the opposition box,than some of our other options.

Great turnaround by the lads on Saturday after a tricky start and no fear about a trip to Pittodrie in the next round..

Up till his injury against Utd (i think) he was the natural like for like replacement to Robbo, then Robbo got injured, think that was another game against Utd (c***s have a habit of injuring our strikers, Hardie, Raffa, Poplatnik, Robbo), about time he's getting a regular starting place, even if it's in the hole behind Jet. He makes things happen, is small and nippy like Robbo, and wins his headers, for a wee guy he holds the ball up better than Jet too.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Up till his injury against Utd (i think) he was the natural like for like replacement to Robbo, then Robbo got injured, think that was another game against Utd (c***s have a habit of injuring our strikers, Hardie, Raffa, Poplatnik, Robbo), about time he's getting a regular starting place, even if it's in the hole behind Jet. He makes things happen, is small and nippy like Robbo, and wins his headers, for a wee guy he holds the ball up better than Jet too.

Totally agree LF,he is lively that's for sure and like you I would like to see him win more game time,as feel he is more than good enough. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6432/club-licensing-current-update-may-2020.pdf

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7460/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2021.pdf

We were quite a bit behind the rest of the league in the 2020 review. I am unaware of clubs across Europe being denied access to qualifying on issues that aren't financial but that may be because we are far more tin pot than others. 

Do club licensing rules also apply to clubs in tiny nations? Hard to see them complying with some of the criteria.

23 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6432/club-licensing-current-update-may-2020.pdf

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7460/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2021.pdf

We were quite a bit behind the rest of the league in the 2020 review. I am unaware of clubs across Europe being denied access to qualifying on issues that aren't financial but that may be because we are far more tin pot than others. 

Do club licensing rules also apply to clubs in tiny nations? Hard to see them complying with some of the criteria.

I'm imagining our biggest issue is the non existence of a youth academy of some sort

24 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

The latest one is here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7557/club-licensing-current-update-february-2021.pdf

They presumably apply to all nations. You see it in the footnotes on Wikipedia, four clubs failed to get a licence here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_UEFA_Europa_League#Teams

Page 80 of the SFA licensing manual has the UEFA criteria.