Livingston - all the threads merged

Good news, thought for a second you were saying the deal was over, that we couldn't get a work permit. Gives him plenty time to get training with the team, and a cup game before we start the post split games. The games are well spread out now too, which will benefit him getting to train alongside the rest of our players, to bed in.

Looking forward to these last 5 league games, looks a bit daunting seeing the fixtures, but we've earned our place in the top 6, and it's just as tough a prospect playing against us. Seeing how much Jet has improved fitness wise is giving me a boost in optimism too, just thinking what a full pre season could do for him and Poplatnik if they decide to stay another season too, both could be amazing for us.

Can't believe the difference in Jet, i'd really written him off as a striker, and thought at best he could do a job as a late sub on the right wing.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

New director for Opcco6 - Paul Cullen. I imagine this is the new funding commitment.

Edit: Bit of digging, he appears to be involved with Spring solutions that John Ward owns.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

16 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

New director for Opcco6 - Paul Cullen. I imagine this is the new funding commitment.

Edit: Bit of digging, he appears to be involved with Spring solutions that John Ward owns.

A great statement...feel really confident in the group running of the club

At the risk of ending up with egg on my face, the amount of times past owners and boards have taken the fans for mugs believing them, but to rid ourselves of Nixon, during a really tough financial season, a whole season and 8 games from last season without fans, is unbelievably good off field business by our board, esp doing so without having to make use of the Govt loan offer. They're matching our players on field success, which is a first for Livi. 

Very impressive debut from Scott Tiffoney on Tuesday night who is on loan from you guys.

I take it he wasn’t getting much game time.  Decent of Livi to loan him to us, presumably both clubs must have a very good relationship as that’s a few we have now got from you guys.

As is often the case with loans they don’t always work out but Jack McMillan was an excellent loaning from Livingston, played his part in stopping us getting relegated from the championship that time he was with us and hopefully Tiffoney will get us challenging for a place in the playoffs, looks more than capable of it

Edited by third lanark

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

Very impressive debut from Scott Tiffoney on Tuesday night who is on loan from you guys.

I take it he wasn’t getting much game time.  Decent of Livi to loan him to us, presumably both clubs must have a very good relationship as that’s a few we have now got from you guys.

As is often the case with loans they don’t always work out but Jack McMillan was an excellent loaning from Livingston, played his part in stopping us getting relegated from the championship that time he was with us and hopefully Tiffoney will get us challenging for a place in the playoffs, looks more than capable of it

He had very good run in our team earlier this season before he got COVID which totally derailed his season. 

There's a good player in there for somebody, if he doesn't get a new deal in the summer.

He's already shown he can mix it with the best teams in the country. Led the line against Celtic at Parkhead and did fairly well. I'm a big fan of Tiff, very positive player who's first thought is always forward. Hopefully he can kick on and come back to us a little more complete. Think Martindale has said previously that he wants good relationships with other teams as it makes loaning and buying players much easier. We've shown that with QoS and now Patrick. How is young Penrice doing for you these days?

Tiffoney scored 2 against Motherwell in a 3-2 defeat and looked lethal, but then showed the opposite side of his form in front of goals and missed an absolute sitter against Hibs in the 2-2 diving Scott Allan game. Tbf to him in the Hibs game, he anticipated the ball back and cut it off, making the chance for him to score, but it was a howler of a miss, and would've won us the game.

Would've liked to have seen him getting a run of games to see if he could've built up some decent form though, really does him no favours being in and out of the team so much, still a young player too, so plenty time for him to make his way in the game, but needs to be playing. Hopefully he'll have a blinding loan at Thistle to get another shot at it for us, Hamilton will be the same though, hoping to get in the team next season after a good couple of loans this season.

Going to go against the grain a bit, Tiffoney isn't consistent enough to play at the top level nor is he physical enough to play there either. At his age you'd imagine to see more from him - he's about a year older than Jack Hamilton but showing nothing near what he is.

He's probably a good championship player in the end but I'm not entirely convinced he's good enough for Livi. We're doing well in making strong connections with other clubs though, something that can only be good for us.

13 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
21 hours ago, third lanark said:

He's already shown he can mix it with the best teams in the country. Led the line against Celtic at Parkhead and did fairly well. I'm a big fan of Tiff, very positive player who's first thought is always forward. Hopefully he can kick on and come back to us a little more complete. Think Martindale has said previously that he wants good relationships with other teams as it makes loaning and buying players much easier. We've shown that with QoS and now Patrick. How is young Penrice doing for you these days?

Penrice did well in the cup game on Tuesday night.  Last Saturday none of the squad were particularly great bar maybe bannigan.  Then again it was our first game of 2021 so probably too early to tell

i wouldn’t be too surprised if he goes to Livi in the summer 

16 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Penrice did well in the cup game on Tuesday night.  Last Saturday none of the squad were particularly great bar maybe bannigan.  Then again it was our first game of 2021 so probably too early to tell

i wouldn’t be too surprised if he goes to Livi in the summer 

I'd love Penrice back, lovely guy. Used to work in a Co-Op he'd come into often when he was with us (with his mum) and he was always class. Would be interesting to see how much better he's gotten over the years but certainly a player Martindale liked

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I'd love Penrice back, lovely guy. Used to work in a Co-Op he'd come into often when he was with us (with his mum) and he was always class. Would be interesting to see how much better he's gotten over the years but certainly a player Martindale liked

His mother was actually at school with me in West Lothian. Great family 

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Going to go against the grain a bit, Tiffoney isn't consistent enough to play at the top level nor is he physical enough to play there either. At his age you'd imagine to see more from him - he's about a year older than Jack Hamilton but showing nothing near what he is.

He's probably a good championship player in the end but I'm not entirely convinced he's good enough for Livi. We're doing well in making strong connections with other clubs though, something that can only be good for us.

If he continues the way he played on Tuesday night I’d be delighted if Partick Thistle could get him on a permanent.  Obviously a huge difference in being good enough for league one and the premier league but definitely more than capable for us and it’s an added bonus that he was training full time with Livingston too so is pretty much match fit