Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Pretty sure Ciaron Brown asked to go back to Cardiff to fight for his place.

Unless he's actually been told there's no chance and he'd be as well going back out on loan, and he takes that advice, he's staying where he is.

There's no chance he's asked to go back when he's in the papers talking about hating the fact he'll miss the cup final etc. 

From the sounds of it Cardiff wanted him back to take a look at him as their scout rates him highly and told them to recall him. Remember he's got 6 months left on his deal so they're wanting to see if he's worth a renewal I'd imagine

15 hours ago, ATLIS said:

There's no chance he's asked to go back when he's in the papers talking about hating the fact he'll miss the cup final etc. 

From the sounds of it Cardiff wanted him back to take a look at him as their scout rates him highly and told them to recall him. Remember he's got 6 months left on his deal so they're wanting to see if he's worth a renewal I'd imagine

He's been an unused substitute for their last two games but Cardiff are one place outside the playoffs; a potential premier spot is one heck of a draw for a youngster like Brown.

5 hours ago, Durnford said:

He's been an unused substitute for their last two games but Cardiff are one place outside the playoffs; a potential premier spot is one heck of a draw for a youngster like Brown.

This looks the same as what happened with Sarkic last season, doing brilliantly with us, gets recalled, and ends up not getting games with his parent club.

Accies game rescheduled for Saturday 13th March. Happy with that even though it seems like we will be the only teams playing that weekend, as things stand. 

Maybe earmarked for the 2nd round round of the Scottish Cup? Probably not a good sign of getting that wrapped up this season.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Accies game rescheduled for Saturday 13th March. Happy with that even though it seems like we will be the only teams playing that weekend, as things stand. 

Maybe earmarked for the 2nd round round of the Scottish Cup? Probably not a good sign of getting that wrapped up this season.

Yep lets us have decent prep time for the final, and hopefully we'll be back at our best by then too. The way Accies are playing we'd prob have lost the game had we played them last week.

On 15/02/2021 at 14:26, EdinburghLivi said:

We have appealed it and rightly so given we have our lack of centre-backs.

Bad game for him but he's shown enough in games before now to show he can bounce back. I think the pitch had a massive impact. Not sure what his injury was but it was a bad game to throw him back into in hindsight.

Lost the appeal, they're taking the piss upholding that red card.

Episode 5 of the Almondview Podcast is available now!

This week we talk about the dreadful display at the weekend and introduce a new feature entitled "Cherif Court".
We then sit down with an exclusive story filled interview with ex centre back Cammy MacDonald, who tells us all about the Mad Massone year.
Lastly we finish off talking about our favourite memories from games gone by against St Mirren.

http://anchor.fm/almondviewpod

Also available on Spotify, Apple, Google and others. Will be available on YouTube shortly also.

38 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Episode 5 of the Almondview Podcast is available now!

This week we talk about the dreadful display at the weekend and introduce a new feature entitled "Cherif Court".
We then sit down with an exclusive story filled interview with ex centre back Cammy MacDonald, who tells us all about the Mad Massone year.
Lastly we finish off talking about our favourite memories from games gone by against St Mirren.

http://anchor.fm/almondviewpod

Also available on Spotify, Apple, Google and others. Will be available on YouTube shortly also.

Finished the Bingham interview earlier this week. What a brilliant guy, loved listening to him. 

Looking forward to catching up on this one after Barry Wilson.

17 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Game's on Alba shortly, can't imagine anyone would want to watch that again.

Martindale has a lot to think about for next week and no-one over the past three games has stood out as deserving a place in the final.

Wouldn't bother watching the 2nd half anyway.

Think Serrano, Mullin and Sibbald did well enough, Guthrie and Ambrose in defence too, and I'd expect Robbo to be back in.

So that's 6, Devlin, Holt, Pittman and Marv would make 10, but for me i'd leave either Holt or Marv out and play Sibbs with one of them and have McMillan or ATS at LB allowing Serrano to play as a winger. So that just leaves who'll be in goals, McCrorie or Stryjek?

Stryjek

Devlin           Ambrose            Guthrie         ATS

Bartley          Sibbald

Mullin              Pittman             Serrano

Robbo

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think Serrano, Mullin and Sibbald did well enough, Guthrie and Ambrose in defence too, and I'd expect Robbo to be back in.

So that's 6, Devlin, Holt, Pittman and Marv would make 10, but for me i'd leave either Holt or Marv out and play Sibbs with one of them and have McMillan or ATS at LB allowing Serrano to play as a winger. So that just leaves who'll be in goals, McCrorie or Stryjek?

Stryjek

Bartley          Sibbald

Robbo

There is absolutely no way that Holt is dropped barring an injury. ATS for Holt and Serrano pushed to left back is most likely.

That said, it wouldn't be a huge shocker if we go 3 at the back to match St. Johnstone. In which case, the question is Fitzwater or ATS at centre half.

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

There is absolutely no way that Holt is dropped barring an injury. ATS for Holt and Serrano pushed to left back is most likely.

That said, it wouldn't be a huge shocker if we go 3 at the back to match St. Johnstone. In which case, the question is Fitzwater or ATS at centre half.

Could also play Kabia in the attacking mid three and drop Sibbs (he's usually the sacrificial lamb). I'd like to see Sibbs in the holding mid two but can't see Marv being dropped either, so yeah we'll prob be sticking with Marv & Holt.

I'd be tempted to keep Sibbald at LM/LW. He seemed to move infield more to form a 3, which allows Devlin & Mullin to attack down the right. 

I think Kabia looks good, however it's a hell of a jump from 3-4 sub appearances to starting a cup final. It's a shame Forrest and Serrano haven't developed more of a partnership, I seem to remember them having a few good games earlier in the season. 

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Stryjek

Bartley          Sibbald

Robbo

ATS should be absolutely nowhere near the cup final starting team.

Stryjek

Devlin           Ambrose            Guthrie         Serrano

Bartley          Holt

Mullin              Pittman             Sibbald

Robbo

22 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

ATS should be absolutely nowhere near the cup final starting team.

Stryjek

Devlin           Ambrose            Guthrie         Serrano

Bartley          Holt

Mullin              Pittman             Sibbald

Robbo

That’s our strongest team, IMO. Only possible change would be Fitzwater over Ambrose, but the other 10 places are pretty nailed on. 

If Robinson is injured and misses out, we would have a major problem; Reilly was okay today but he’s not looked capable of offering anything near what Robinson can. Poplatnik would be my choice if we’re going (almost) like-for-like but he can’t seem to get going or a run in the team at all. If JET starts we’d be as well just fucking off home before kick off.