Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Chuck Blazer said:

Serious question:  does the Spaghettihad meet CL criteria?

Few years ago we were one of the only clubs to not be awarded a certification, so possibly not. Although I would imagine the recent upgrades around the stadium (dugouts etc) would mean we qualify for at least the minimum.

12 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Think there are slightly relaxed rules in Scotland compared to England regarding rules around foreign players.

Aye, the SFA/SPFL managed to secure autonomy for deciding on foreign player signings, at least for this window just been. Hopefully they noticed Durmus scoring the winner against Celtic for St Mirren on Saturday and so recognise the value foreign players can offer us smaller clubs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/55410203

Am getting a trifle worried about the number of injuries we're picking up in our central defence.

So far we have the following players out.

• Guthrie
  • Lithgow
  • Fitzwater
  • Brown (returned to Cardiff)

This kind of leaves us at the bare bones defensively although the schedule does ease to one game a week after Saturday week

McMillan can play centre half, if needed. Very much bare bones in that position but hopefully the injuries clear up before the final. 

As Durnford says, the schedule gets slightly less hectic after the DU game. 

What I don't understand is why we are playing all these games bunched up now with a gap of 4 weeks currently between our 33rd game and the first game of the split. I imagine this is potentially for the Scottish Cup (and a Scotland game) but would be good to get this confirmed.

Cops are investigating reports that players from Livingston FC broke Covid-19 rules by tucking into a meal at an Aberdeen restaurant.

The West Lothian side’s team bus was pictured outside the Tony Macaroni eatery in the Granite City at around 3pm on Tuesday afternoon, February 2.

The players had travelled north for their Premiership clash against the Dons which saw them walk away with a 2-0 win.

Under current coronavirus restrictions in Scotland, all restaurants are closed for eat-in diners in a bid to halt the bug spreading

Cops are investigating reports that players from Livingston FC broke Covid-19 rules by tucking into a meal at an Aberdeen restaurant.

The West Lothian side’s team bus was pictured outside the Tony Macaroni eatery in the Granite City at around 3pm on Tuesday afternoon, February 2.

The players had travelled north for their Premiership clash against the Dons which saw them walk away with a 2-0 win.

Under current coronavirus restrictions in Scotland, all restaurants are closed for eat-in diners in a bid to halt the bug spreading
We had written confirmation from the SPFL that is was ok under legislation. This has now changed and we have updated our protocols to reflect it. Livi have already put out a statement if you'd check the OS. Nothing to see here...move along

9 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

We had written confirmation from the SPFL that is was ok under legislation. This has now changed and we have updated our protocols to reflect it. Livi have already put out a statement if you'd check the OS. Nothing to see here...move along

Careful now; you're in danger of sounding like Kennedy of Celtic fame.

Everything else aside I was under the impression that every team had a light meal prior to an evening game? One of the rags made it sound like the players were boozing it up and  tucking into five course banquet?

Under the guidelines, the team wont have been able to sit all together as that could have been deemed a "party" which is why they were broken up into smaller tables separated by tow or three tables apart (as seems to be the case from the photograph).

The "disgusted" Aberdeen woman obvious assumed this was some form of private party?

18 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

This weeks Almondview Podcast.
Episode 3 - Mortal Moonboot.

Struggling for one against St Johnstone right enough, have to go back to when we

We interviewed David Bingham about his time at the club and more.

http://anchor.fm/almondviewpod

Surprised none of you mentioned the Accies 4-2 away win last season when looking for a good memory of a game against Accies and St Johnstone, Souda being subbed and blootering the ball in a temper was funny too, when we were skooshing the game.

Struggling to think of a game at McDiarmid right enough, even the season we finished 3rd in the league we couldn't beat them up there, and they got relegated, so would have to agree with the panel that the best experience and day out i've had up there was against Alloa in the Petrofac cup final. Sods law that we beat them up there this season when there's nae fans allowed into games.

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Careful now; you're in danger of sounding like Kennedy of Celtic fame.

Everything else aside I was under the impression that every team had a light meal prior to an evening game? One of the rags made it sound like the players were boozing it up and  tucking into five course banquet?

Under the guidelines, the team wont have been able to sit all together as that could have been deemed a "party" which is why they were broken up into smaller tables separated by tow or three tables apart (as seems to be the case from the photograph).

The "disgusted" Aberdeen woman obvious assumed this was some form of private party?

She must've been even more disgusted with her team when they got cuffed 2-0 by a team that just a couple of hours earlier were having a big slap up meal, some wine, and a few bevvies in the tony macaroni.

Surprised none of you mentioned the Accies 4-2 away win last season when looking for a good memory of a game against Accies and St Johnstone, Souda being subbed and blootering the ball in a temper was funny too, when we were skooshing the game.
Struggling to think of a game at McDiarmid right enough, even the season we finished 3rd in the league we couldn't beat them up there, and they got relegated, so would have to agree with the panel that the best experience and day out i've had up there was against Alloa in the Petrofac cup final. Sods law that we beat them up there this season when there's nae fans allowed into games.

Now you mention it im also astonished that we forgot that game!
I think though we are trying to stick with games we have actually been to and I'm guessing none of us were in attendance at that particular game.

I did mention a cup game at McDiarmid that I went to. We must have been Div 1 and St Johnstone were pretty shite in the SPL at the time but we got humped 3 or 4-0 i think. We try to keep things as positive as possible as well haha.