Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Christ - yes - your right? About the time of Flynn/Massone take-over wasn't it? I wondered if the guy ever really existed or whether it was another example of creative paperwork.

It was the summer after Hughes took charge.

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Thanks for the feedback, it could be a project for me... 

Jack Hamilton loaned out to Arbroath. Good call considering he hadn't made the bench in the last few games.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/jack-hamilton-heads-for-arbroath-loan-spell/

Starting to wonder if Jack will ever become a Livi regular.

On the top goalscorer thing I've noticed some sites just list total goals from the league and two cup whereas others include challenge cup games (or whatever its called now).

Christ - yes - your right? About the time of Flynn/Massone take-over wasn't it? I wondered if the guy ever really existed or whether it was another example of creative paperwork.

He certainly existed but hasn't played since us...I believe he was injured. Now appears to be involved in motorbike racing

https://gatedrop.com/interview-david-luongo-talks-2020-mxgp-calendar-and-mxon-modifications/

14 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Thanks for the feedback, it could be a project for me... 

Jack Hamilton loaned out to Arbroath. Good call considering he hadn't made the bench in the last few games.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/jack-hamilton-heads-for-arbroath-loan-spell/

That'll be an interesting experience for him playing for Dick Campbell.😅

Might actually be the making of him, he'll certainly get pushed to his limits.

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

On the top goalscorer thing I've noticed some sites just list total goals from the league and two cup whereas others include challenge cup games (or whatever its called now).

Might've had a shot at it if we hadn't brought in another 2 strikers, and Kabia hadn't hit the ground running. 

JET seems to have found a place on our right wing too, which gives him a better chance at picking up game time than up front as a striker.

I don't think he'd have been recalled had it not been for the lower leagues closing down. Good move for him in a tougher league again. Hopefully goes well for him

Yeah started with a view from the terrace vibe, but all about Livi, was a good listen. Have to confess i listened to the first one in bed and nodded off near the end, nothing to do with the podcast though i was just tired.[emoji23] I listened to the end bit again the next day.

Not heard the 2nd one yet, will try to stay awake all the way through this time.[emoji6]
Haha all good!
They are long pods likes.
I had initially tried to edit a small segment to be placed in the middle of the episode with the view to releasing the full interview separately. Problem has been that both Derek and Colin are world class patter merchants with so many good stories (a few have been edited out, like I asked about working with John Robertson to McMenamin, who loves him) but aye looks like player interviews will be about an hour or so.

Crazy how awesome these guys are.

I jumped into Episode 3 thinking that you’d have ironed out any problems and I must say I was impressed with how slick it was and the rapport between you all. The stories from McMenanmin were great and lol’d at him talking about Leishman. Also Gough in the nightclub chatting up the 20 year old hahaha. I’ll listen to the others this weekend.

Overall, brilliant work, guys. I’d recommend it to others and I look forward to hearing what you come up with in future!

One negative was hearing “baby” said 3 times in the first 2 minutes, baby.😜

Edited by crispy

I jumped into Episode 3 thinking that you’d have ironed out any problems and I must say I was impressed with how slick it was and the rapport between you all. The stories from McMenanmin were great and lol’d at him talking about Leishman. Also Gough in the nightclub chatting up the 20 year old hahaha. I’ll listen to the others this weekend.

Overall, brilliant work, guys. I’d recommend it to others and I look forward to hearing what you come up with in future!
One negative was hearing “baby” said 3 times in the first 2 minutes, baby.[emoji12]
Unfortunately I dont write the scripts [emoji23].

Glad you enjoyed the McMenamin one especially as it was so enjoyable for us!

Next week - David Bingham btw, in case you've missed the social media stuff!

37 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Unfortunately I dont write the scripts emoji23.png.

Glad you enjoyed the McMenamin one especially as it was so enjoyable for us!

Next week - David Bingham btw, in case you've missed the social media stuff!

You’ve set a high bar, really entertaining. I hope all the future interviewees follow the tone these first guys have set. I want to know who the usual suspects in the pub are 😆

Listening to the GoRadio interview with Martindale. He mentioned he had texted Steve Clarke about Jon Guthrie last season. 

Looking at the likes of Hanlon and Considine being called up in recent squads as left centre-backs, you feel like he may be in with a shout for the squads in March, if he is indeed eligible. Our player of the season so far, for my money. 

Martindale also mentioned that the foreign player coming in on loan is a 6 month deal with a view to extending. Left centre back/left midfield (presumably left back as well).

On 31/01/2021 at 11:45, EdinburghLivi said:

Listening to the GoRadio interview with Martindale. He mentioned he had texted Steve Clarke about Jon Guthrie last season. 

Looking at the likes of Hanlon and Considine being called up in recent squads as left centre-backs, you feel like he may be in with a shout for the squads in March, if he is indeed eligible. Our player of the season so far, for my money. 

Martindale also mentioned that the foreign player coming in on loan is a 6 month deal with a view to extending. Left centre back/left midfield (presumably left back as well).

Both Holt and Bartley have been picking up a relatively high number of yellow cards. Both Sibbald and Lawson can play there but are less impressive. That being said Ambrose has also played for us as a defensive midfielder hasn't he?

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Good enough squad player; does the job but nothing spectacular.

That's the last of our Partick contingent gone then.

We signed him from Ayr, still got Forrest from them too, and Devlin used to play for them..

Frees up a wage to bring in our foreigner left footed DM/CH. 

Stunning turnaround in our away form this season, esp under DM, including Hampden we've 5 wins and a draw in our last 6 away games, since DM took charge. Not heard a peep from the usual suspects about us only being able to play on plastic either, and how our plastic pitch is the only reason we're 5th in the league, funny that.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Good enough squad player; does the job but nothing spectacular.

That's the last of our Partick contingent gone then.

He wasn’t here for the playoff games? I’m sure he signed the summer we went up. Also signed from Ayr

Edited by ATLIS