Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

image.png.6f928208ddba1d30001a41e7e1a5a3f2.png

No one has done more for Livingston Football Club than EdinburghLivi... with the exception of David Martindale. Possible exception but the exception of David Martindale. Nobody has done what I've done.

Well deserved award tbh. Get it on the dinner table every night as a centre piece :D 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Forgot there was this "fit and proper person" thing still hanging over Martindale.

Sportsound talking about it now.

Unlikely, but what happens if he doesnt pass?

I'd imagine we'd just name Liam Fox as "manager" and have Martindale as his "assistant", only this time it really will be Martindale making the decisions.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

I'd imagine we'd just name Liam Fox as "manager" and have Martindale as his "assistant", only this time it really will be Martindale making the decisions.

He recently said he was turned down by the panel 'last year' which was apparently due to some unsettled debt related to his crimes. If true, I don't really see the point in the fit and proper persons test when he can just go back into the backroom team as he has been for the last 5 years. 

We're on a right good purple patch these last 5 seasons, and have had some memorable and hilarious moments, the Broonie red card is the latest, along with another fantastic result,

See the source image

however this is still the best one yet, the head's gone tantrum afterwards sealed it.

See the source image

13 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

He recently said he was turned down by the panel 'last year' which was apparently due to some unsettled debt related to his crimes. If true, I don't really see the point in the fit and proper persons test when he can just go back into the backroom team as he has been for the last 5 years. 

£34k in relation to proceeds of crime. I'm sure I heard him said it's been paid.

The F&PP "test" is an absolute sham.

Episode 1 of the Almondview Podcast is available now!

In our first episode we had the absolute pleasure of talking to Derek Lilley about all things league Cup with this weekends semi final in mind but he goes in depth into a lot of his time at the club.

It is available on Spotify, Google and Apple podcasts but also on our anchor page.
Have a listen and let us know what you think.

http://anchor.fm/almondviewpod

As far as I can see Lars hasnt had a start in the Raith team since the beginning of November.

He showed some raw talent in the few games he had for us (mainly in the cup) but honestly couldn't see him getting near the first team any time soon.

Also considering that he's probably living out of digs on his own; away from his family and healthcare; I wouldn't be surprised if this was mainly his choice.

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I'd be tempted to listen to Raith supporters about him but they were the ones who thought Stoke's Jordan Thompson was hopeless.

The guy showed some promise in the limited appearances he had but was clearly very raw. 

Not quite, the general opinion down our way is that he was a spineless shitehawk with a heart the size of a midge's bollocks. Clearly had the talent, but he was similar to Barry McKay in that he clearly didn't give a f**k about the team he was loaned out to, and knew he was good enough to not need to try a leg for a new contract at his parent club.

As for Lokotsch, he did struggle to make an impact. I thought he was quite selfless and seemed happy to run the channels but he wasn't going to get a start in front of Duku, who is pacier and better in the air. He did get the one goal against Alloa that was reasonably vital, otherwise didn't get too much of the ball in or around the box in his time with us. Might have done better playing off of a strike partner than in our 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1 set up, but he didn't look like he was really premiership quality either.

There's a petition doing the rounds on Facebook to keep Martindale in the job. Signed it straight away. I'm a Raith fan, but it's good to see he's turned himself around. We are in a time where people's mental health is suffering, the SFA need to consider that as well.

Not quite, the general opinion down our way is that he was a spineless shitehawk with a heart the size of a midge's bollocks. Clearly had the talent, but he was similar to Barry McKay in that he clearly didn't give a f**k about the team he was loaned out to, and knew he was good enough to not need to try a leg for a new contract at his parent club.
As for Lokotsch, he did struggle to make an impact. I thought he was quite selfless and seemed happy to run the channels but he wasn't going to get a start in front of Duku, who is pacier and better in the air. He did get the one goal against Alloa that was reasonably vital, otherwise didn't get too much of the ball in or around the box in his time with us. Might have done better playing off of a strike partner than in our 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1 set up, but he didn't look like he was really premiership quality either.
Watched your game v hearts tonight and the boy Duku looks a great player....very similar to how Dykes was for us

Why is Martindale being witch-hunted now? 
He’s served his time and reformed and was clearly the one running the show at Livingston for years. He should be celebrated not ridiculed. 
SFA get everything so wrong. 50,000 people sing about killing each other is fine apparently.