Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

s://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-expecting-loan-rangers-23270869

I saw that but, if Mccrorie realised there's no chance of him getting a regular start, then he'll likely ask for a change to somewhere like Raith or back to QoS. Dont think he'd even get on the bench if he returned to Sevco and he's likely to lose his scotland place if he's not a regular starter.

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I saw that but, if Mccrorie realised there's no chance of him getting a regular start, then he'll likely ask for a change to somewhere like Raith or back to QoS. Dont think he'd even get on the bench if he returned to Sevco and he's likely to lose his scotland place if he's not a regular starter.

Injuries, suspensions, plus the added chance of testing positive for covid, or having to go into isolation because of track and trace gives him a chance. Both McCrorie and Stryjek have already had periods in covid isolation, and it could happen again.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

12 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

The return of Robbie Crawford would be most welcome.

I don't think there's a space for him in our squad. Decent player who can clearly hack it at this level, but we don't have the room for him. While it's strikers that we have too many of this year, last year it was midfielders and I think we just don't need him.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Injuries, suspensions, plus the added chance of testing positive for covid, or having to go into isolation because of track and trace gives him a chance. Both McCrorie and Stryjek have already had periods in covid isolation, and it could happen again.

Personally I don't think Mccrorie is prepared to sit around and wait on the off-chance of getting the odd game. He got in the Scotland (under 21) squad by being a regular starter for QoS and being a Sevco wonder kid. Sitting on the bench means he'll likely be forgotten - Kelly would be a good example; he probably should have been in the Scotland 1st team based on his performance with us but move to QPR reserves and disappeared down the pecking order - probably a good reason for his loan move to Motherwell.

4 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I don't think there's a space for him in our squad. Decent player who can clearly hack it at this level, but we don't have the room for him. While it's strikers that we have too many of this year, last year it was midfielders and I think we just don't need him.

Yeah he's in the same situation as ATS, too many players ahead of him this season. Two from Marv, Holt, Sibbs and prob Lawson would have to all be out for Crawford to get a game.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Personally I don't think Mccrorie is prepared to sit around and wait on the off-chance of getting the odd game. He got in the Scotland (under 21) squad by being a regular starter for QoS and being a Sevco wonder kid. Sitting on the bench means he'll likely be forgotten - Kelly would be a good example; he probably should have been in the Scotland 1st team based on his performance with us but move to QPR reserves and disappeared down the pecking order - probably a good reason for his loan move to Motherwell.

Normal circumstances and i'd agree, and tbh i wouldn't be cut up about him leaving, but with the covid situation he could get a shot in goals at any time, that's how Stryjek got his chance wasn't it, McCrorie came back from international duty with the U21's and had to self isolate for a fortnight. He'd still have to up his game to keep Stryjek out when he was available again though, and so far he hasn't looked good enough. For some reason only known to Holt, he was ahead of him in the pecking order, not since Martindale took charge though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah he's in the same situation as ATS, too many players ahead of him this season. Two from Marv, Holt, Sibbs and prob Lawson would have to all be out for Crawford to get a game.

Normal circumstances and i'd agree, and tbh i wouldn't be cut up about him leaving, but with the covid situation he could get a shot in goals at any time, that's how Stryjek got his chance wasn't it, McCrorie came back from international duty with the U21's and had to self isolate for a fortnight. He'd still have to up his game to keep Stryjek out when he was available again though, and so far he hasn't looked good enough. For some reason only known to Holt, he was ahead of him in the pecking order, not since Martindale took charge though.

Surely his ghastly display against Killie also had something to do with him being dropped eventually?

3 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

You've recalled Jack Hamiltok from us, I hope you can sleep at night

Interestingly in our statement about it we say there ‘may be’ an option for him to rejoin on loan again at the end of this window. 

Could come back and play a few for us in this spell where we have 11 games in 35 days and act as cover and play a few then rejoin EF for the season 

You've recalled Jack Hamiltok from us, I hope you can sleep at night
I'm a little surprised as we seem pretty well covered up front right now. Possibly due to the number of games we have in the next few weeks with a view to sending him back out at the end of the window. Would imagine we'll see a fair whack of players moving on whether on loan or temporary.

5 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Unless we've had a sudden injury crisis, I don't really get this. 5 strikers potentially available for selection now, not including Robinson.

I wonder if we’ve finally gave up on JET

Ooft taking Jack back is a mistake I reckon. That's JET, Robbo, Tiffs, Poplatnik, Reilly and Hamilton on the books now, all going for that 1-up-top spot. His East Fife trip was clearly successful for everyone involved, why kill it now?

JET/Tiffs have to be on the way out for this to make any sense.

Is Tiffoney not still injured?

Poplatnik also seems to be out injured, was on the bench against Killie and came on for the last 10 mins, then not in the squad against Hibs. Was reported to be struggling with a rib injury from the Utd game too, so maybe still not fully recovered from it. Take it that was why he was an unused sub against Accies too, and JET came on instead.