Livingston - all the threads merged

I've seen a lot of Carlisle this season. Reilly started well, worked hard and set up a few goals. He often got in good positions but missed a lot of chances, sometimes only just narrowly missing or even hitting the post a couple of times, but enough missed chances for him to lose his place. Carlisle have been in seriously good form so he couldn't get back in the team. He was a good option off their bench, but without meaning to sound harsh, I don't think they'll miss him unless they get a couple of injuries upfront. 

If he doesn't score early for Livi I'd worry about his confidence, but the work rate and desire is there, hope he does well.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We have way too many strikers on the books. 

Think we'll need them, the next 2 months are going to need rotation when we can, Poplatnik seems to be injured the last 2 games, and Tiffs has been injured a few weeks now, so we're down to Robbo and JET. And JET isn't quick enough to press defenders. Reilly sounds ideal, and he wouldn't need to be prolific in front of goals, just need him to be the same as Robbo and chip in with the odd goal and run about daft chasing down balls. Anything else would be a bonus.

We've about 17 different goal scorers so far this season, goals hasn't been a problem.

21 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

I've seen a lot of Carlisle this season. Reilly started well, worked hard and set up a few goals. He often got in good positions but missed a lot of chances, sometimes only just narrowly missing or even hitting the post a couple of times, but enough missed chances for him to lose his place. Carlisle have been in seriously good form so he couldn't get back in the team. He was a good option off their bench, but without meaning to sound harsh, I don't think they'll miss him unless they get a couple of injuries upfront. 

If he doesn't score early for Livi I'd worry about his confidence, but the work rate and desire is there, hope he does well.

The one upside for us is that goals come from everywhere. Guthrie at the back has 5, both Forrest and Mullin have a lot and we get goals from our midfielders as well.

He won't be judged on his goals with us, more so his work rate and ability to make life difficult for defenders

Not really surprised to see Livi taking a punt with Gav, he’s a good fit for their style of play. 

I always thought he was a natural finisher at St Mirren but maybe a wee question mark over his ability to do it at this level.

Good honest pro with a good attitude, he’ll probably score against us 😜 

14 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Not really surprised to see Livi taking a punt with Gav, he’s a good fit for their style of play. 

I always thought he was a natural finisher at St Mirren but maybe a wee question mark over his ability to do it at this level.

Good honest pro with a good attitude, he’ll probably score against us 😜 

Guid oanest laddie, thank f**k we nipped in and signed him before Hughes got wind of it.

If we can get up to the Celtic double-header with a further 4 points, we can start to look at Hibs. It's going to take some seriously good form after the Celtic games to maintain a challenge.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

34 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Heard we are looking at Adebayo Akinfenwa on a pre-contract. Has been linked with us a number of times over the years.

Is Jet not basically a skinny Akinfenwa anyway? Zero pace but a lump we can aim a ball at

Edited by ATLIS

44 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a goalkeeper - imagine Mccrorie will be off at the break.

s://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-expecting-loan-rangers-23270869

Livingston boss David Martindale says he expects on loan Rangers goalie Robby McCrorie to stay at the club for the remainder of the season.