Livingston - all the threads merged

Just watched Jason Holt's interview after signing his contract extension, and small point of criticism, It's getting increasingly annoying watching these interviews on LFC LIVE, where whoever is being interviewed speaks but you don't hear the question he's being asked, and you spend a few seconds working it out by what he's saying. For the love of god will they just include the interviewers voice asking the questions, really fucking weird way to film an interview, and gets right on my tits.

Feel a bit better getting that off my chest.

44 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just watched Jason Holt's interview after signing his contract extension, and small point of criticism, It's getting increasingly annoying watching these interviews on LFC LIVE, where whoever is being interviewed speaks but you don't hear the question he's being asked, and you spend a few seconds working it out by what he's saying. For the love of god will they just include the interviewers voice asking the questions, really fucking weird way to film an interview, and gets right on my tits.

Feel a bit better getting that off my chest.

Apparently it's done because it's 'the way interviews are done normally'. I think the reasoning was that in normal circumstances, if there were other publications there you couldn't use their questions etc. 

It's incredibly stupid though and needs fixed, just seemed like they didn't care when it was raised before.

Even a wee bar at the bottom with the question typed out would take 3 seconds each time

Was watching a few myself, the reason we don't hear the question for Holt is that it's in front of the 'national media'. Basically if someone else asks the question you can't use their voice in your 'media outlet'. So normal practice is to just cut out the question entirely - which is still stupid and should be given context

With Martindale's interview it was a 1 on 1 so was fine to include the questions

@RandomGuy. I'd saw your posts on the Motherwell thread about your rating system.

Any idea on the comparison between Halkett and Guthrie in their time at Livi? On the face of it, it seems that we've had a direct replacement but not sure the impact Gallagher may have had on Halkett at the time

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

@RandomGuy. I'd saw your posts on the Motherwell thread about your rating system.

Any idea on the comparison between Halkett and Guthrie in their time at Livi? On the face of it, it seems that we've had a direct replacement but not sure the impact Gallagher may have had on Halkett at the time

Halkett 18/19 scored 7.8, 32nd overall. Around average all across the board.

Guthrie 19/20 scored 6.9, 46th overall. 

Guthrie a much better 1v1 defender. Halkett slightly better in the air. Halkett with more interceptions, Halkett better in terms of passing.

Guthrie this season scoring 8.1, so improvement on Halkett. Again a really good 1v1 defender, average in the air, but improved in terms of interceptions and passing.

As I said on there though, "average" sounds harsh when it isn't, this thing contains 4 version of Ajer for example. 

Halkett for Hearts last season scored 2.3...

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Halkett 18/19 scored 7.8, 32nd overall. Around average all across the board.

Guthrie 19/20 scored 6.9, 46th overall. 

Guthrie a much better 1v1 defender. Halkett slightly better in the air. Halkett with more interceptions, Halkett better in terms of passing.

Guthrie this season scoring 8.1, so improvement on Halkett. Again a really good 1v1 defender, average in the air, but improved in terms of interceptions and passing.

As I said on there though, "average" sounds harsh when it isn't, this thing contains 4 version of Ajer for example. 

Halkett for Hearts last season scored 2.3...

No idea what’s happened to Halkett but the Gallagher factor likely plays a big part.

Cheers for this, your system’s been very interesting every time I’ve seen it so nice to satisfy my thoughts a bit haha. 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

No idea what’s happened to Halkett but the Gallagher factor likely plays a big part.

Cheers for this, your system’s been very interesting every time I’ve seen it so nice to satisfy my thoughts a bit haha. 

Its not a perfect system tbh, so worried I misrepresent things. 

Halkett completely dropped off in terms of winning "defensive duels" and "aerial duels" at Hearts, I only use success rates so not even as if he was just having less at Hearts. Maybe Gallagher was taking the role of challenging opponents main strikers at Livingston and at Hearts Halkett was expected to do it? Just a guess really.

Some fixture list in January.

JAN 2021              
JAN 2021              
Sat 2 1500 Premiership A Hibernian        
Sat 9 1500 Premiership H Ross County        
Sat 16 1500 Premiership A Celtic        
Wed 20 2015 Premiership H Celtic sky.png      
Sun 24 1600 Betfred Cup A St Mirren premier-sports.jpg      
Wed 27 1945 Premiership H Kilmarnock        
Sat 30 1500 Scottish Cup TBC

Double header against Celtic before the St Mirren game isn't ideal preparation for a cup semi final.

Carrying on into February too, a game every 3 to 4 days.

FEB 2021              
Wed 3 1945 Premiership A Aberdeen        
Sat 6 1500 Premiership H St Johnstone        
Wed 10 1945 Premiership H Hamilton Academical        
Sat 13 1500 Premiership A Dundee Utd

Tough schedule getting through 9 games in 4 weeks, really going to be a test for how good the squad depths are.

22 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Some fixture list in January.

Double header against Celtic before the St Mirren game isn't ideal preparation for a cup semi final.

Carrying on into February too, a game every 3 to 4 days.

Tough schedule getting through 9 games in 4 weeks, really going to be a test for how good the squad depths are.

and if we get through the Scottish cup game in January next round is 20 February 2021 so that would be 12 games and possibly 13 games n 2 months if we get the Bet Fred Final.

11 hours ago, crispy said:

These are the games and the company we want though, right?

Clearly our squad isn’t the best in the league but I’d say we do have a group of players that are pretty level in ability within respective positions. I think we’ll fair ok.

Yeah i think so too, Stryjek, Guthrie, Pittman and Mullin are key players, everyone else can be rotated with another player of pretty much equal ability, even up front, with Poplatnik, Robbo, or even Tiffoney giving us the same energy to press defenders, and we'd have a pretty decent team still. Obv just now Poplatnik would be the preferred starter, but Robbo has shown he can replace him quite comfortably, and Tiffoney gives us that desired press and pace for it to work for us as well.

Marv and Holt are similar, Brown and Fitzwater, McMillan and Lawson gives us multiple options for covering several areas well. We're really going to need them all in the coming weeks.

Even for the Killie game today, we managed to rest Poplatnik against Hamilton, so he should be fresh for starting today.

What's really encouraging is the quality in depth of our squad, not so much a huge squad, but anyone in it can come in and the quality doesn't drop on the pitch. Today showed how strong we are in defensive cover, midfield is awash with quality players that can play all over midfield, some even in defence. We're going to need each and every one of them to get through the next couple of months with the amount of fixtures crammed into it. Bodes well as i've read a few match threads where opposition fans are saying their players looked tired, and ours are absolutely buzzing with energy just now.

Just popped in to say Shaun Byrne is an absolute shagger. 
All the best for the season. 
Thank you. 
Watched the first half of the game against Hearts and was loving seeing him get stuck in again...doubt he'd get anywhere near our midfield now but he'll always be well thought of in Livi. His pressing for the third goal in the Dundee United playoff game is the stuff of legend. There's also his part in getting golem sent off for the DABs in that game too.