Gary Maley
Nicky Devlin (1 year extension option)
Alan Lithgow
Efe Ambrose
Jon Guthrie (1 year extension option)
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Steve Lawson
Carlo Pignatiello (not confirmed)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (1 year extension option)
Josh Mullin (2 years extension option)
Scott Robinson
Scott Tiffoney (not confirmed)

Loans Ending

Robby McCrorie
Ciaron Brown (January)
Julien Serrano

Priorities for new contracts - Guthrie, Mullin, Robinson and Tiffoney if he's only signed until the end of the season. 

Lawson and Lithgow I'd be happy to extend for another year, if they are both interested. I imagine not for the former.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Priorities for new contracts - Guthrie, Mullin, Robinson and Tiffoney if he's only signed until the end of the season. 

Lawson and Lithgow I'd be happy to extend for another year, if they are both interested. I imagine not for the former.

I’d be concerned that someone might pinch Guthrie and also because I think he’d be the most difficult of the four to replace.

Edited by crispy

Just watched Martindale's interview on LFCLive. Apparently looking to bring in '1 or 2' in in January with the same number of players having to move on at the same time. 

Don't really see in which positions we need to add players at this point, we are pretty strong across the park.

More importantly, he wants to use the money we have to sign players to longer term deals. 

Just watched Martindale's interview on LFCLive. Apparently looking to bring in '1 or 2' in in January with the same number of players having to move on at the same time. 
Don't really see in which positions we need to add players at this point, we are pretty strong across the park.
More importantly, he wants to use the money we have to sign players to longer term deals. 
I can see Jet potentially being shown the door to allow us to bring in another keeper of our own as I'd imagine the rangers won't be happy at us not playing McCrorie.

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

Contenders to move on would be Efe/Jet? Unless Efe is settled and happy with Marv coaching the young lads.

Maybe see Tiffoney out on loan and a striker come in?

Potentially maybe Lawson out on loan as well, which would be a shame as he deserves a chance. 

Could really be anything by the time January comes tbh. Hopefully we get Guthrie signed down to a longer deal ASAP at least 

Yeah, candidates to leave have to be:

Lawson, Efe, ATS, Crawford (Is he back in Jan?), JET

It's a real shame about Lawson, I rate him as a player. The 2nd half of our first season back up then I thought he'd be the next to leave for a good sum, but his inability to tackle has caught up with him. He just doesn't fit in this team. I could honestly see him going onto a Hibs type team and tearing it up.

JET and ATS are no big loss. JET isn't mobile enough for how we play, and ATS is just surplus to requirements. We can play Serrano, Brown or McMillan there comfortably. Even Lawson if he sticks around.

Would be a shame to lose Efe. he's solid, but I imagine he's our highest earner and he doesn't provide that much benefit to us.

Crawford needs to find somewhere to play. The Motherwell move was always a little odd, and he just hasn't played. Good player, just surplus to what we need. Watch him go to Hamilton for 20k and destroy us next time we play them like Odoffin did.

Is Fox sticking around too, two of them seem to be working well together.

Yeah ATS could be away, very telling that Lawless got picked over him twice at LB, Efe might be away too, esp if Lithgow is near to being back playing, and Brown is also ahead of him as our 3rd choice CB, coming on as a sub.

Would say Tiffoney is needed though, him and Poplatnik are our first 2 choices up front, with Robbo being the supreme attacking utility player, that can also start on his own right in any attacking position. JET on the other hand, just don't see him having the energy and pace to do the job we need from a striker, and as a plan B, i think we have better big strikers out on loan..

Can always use a goal scoring striker, but doubtful we can afford any with a guaranteed pedigree, and we've got Lars and Hammy doing well out on loan, that we may decide on bringing at least one of them back for the 2nd half of the season.

Gurhrie is a must for extending his contract. Just checked back the thread to see how much Forrest had, 2022, i'd extend that by another year if possible too, he's already proven his worth and will go on to bigger things, so possible decent transfer fee there.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, Chuck Blazer said:

Aye, he's definitely earned this on merit but it's a shame he hadn't been given a  longer deal to show some faith. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason he'll hopefully still have a role somewhere in the club.

I imagine that might be the idea behind giving him a deal until the end of the season, to see if it suits him and the club.

Managers would only ever be on 1 year contracts with us anyway so I don't see it as a big deal.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Brown's loan is up in January. With a Lithgow return on the horizon, I could see that not being renewed to save some money.

Yep this probably makes the most sense. McCrorie, Brown out, replacement GK, and a back up CB in.

Would honestly like to see us bring in a striker again and replace Jet though, as it’s probably the only weak spot we really have

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Livingston's Head of Football Operations, David Martindale, is delighted to announce the appointment of Livingston's new permanent manager, David Martindale.

Wasn’t him in charge of it, so not quite the Levein treatment. Chief Executive at the club was in charge of it, but to be they offered him the job when Hopkin left, and when Miller left so was always going to happen.

At least it keeps the ‘we all know who the real manager is’ brigade at bay now 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Wasn’t him in charge of it, so not quite the Levein treatment. Chief Executive at the club was in charge of it, but to be they offered him the job when Hopkin left, and when Miller left so was always going to happen.

At least it keeps the ‘we all know who the real manager is’ brigade at bay now 

Haha, aye, I was being facetious. He done himself no harm anyway with the games he was in caretaker charge of.

I always feel bad for Lawson and McMillan. Think they are both very good players that can easily start in our side and do very well when they do play. It is just unfortunate we are very well covered at right back and central defensive midfield, that whenever one of them gets a good run of games they pick up an injury and are left out of the team for a while. Would be disappointed to lose either of them but would not be surprised if they wanted a move away for more consistent game time.