Livingston - all the threads merged

11 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Neoliberal capitalism is an unfair and ruthless economic system which regularly produces such catastrophes. Get angry at it rather than at people wanting to watch their local football team. 

Also some argument that those admins and the resulting impact was the fault of unfit/dodgy/criminal owners rather than like you say the fans of the club or even the "club" itself. 

12 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Going to assume you're not aware they've already appointed their new manager. 

Hint: it wasn't Holt

Doubt he'll have even been a serious candidate. Contractually I imagine there will be terms in his contract stopping him from just resigning and taking a job elsewhere without the club being owed appropriate compensation. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 hour ago, East Calder Lion said:

I assume your club has never once been in debt?

There is a difference between servicing debt and paying it off as opposed to saying fcuk it let’s screw our creditors. 

Once could be seen as understandable, but to repeat the same mistake twice beggars belief. 

Face facts. You overspent twice to gain an advantage over other teams in Scotland who have learnt to repay their debts. That’s cheating.

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

There is a difference between servicing debt and paying it off as opposed to saying fcuk it let’s screw our creditors. 

Once could be seen as understandable, but to repeat the same mistake twice beggars belief. 

Face facts. You overspent twice to gain an advantage over other teams in Scotland who have learnt to repay their debts. That’s cheating.

Nobody overspent twice...it was 2 completely different boards. 

21 minutes ago, Yflab said:

God, capitalism is dull eh

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

God, capitalism is dull eh

I’m not religious.

But I know that Livingston have been caught cheating other clubs and their creditors. Not once but twice.

Hopefully third time lucky I can get my dancing shoes on.

BAE13DA0-625A-47E3-BC39-5CD574A20715.gif.7ced6a35d503632d050d95f0ac206842.gif

Just now, Yflab said:

I’m not religious.

But I know that Livingston have been caught cheating other clubs and their creditors. Not once but twice.

Hopefully third time lucky I can get my dancing shoes on.

BAE13DA0-625A-47E3-BC39-5CD574A20715.gif.7ced6a35d503632d050d95f0ac206842.gif

There is no moral obligation to ever pay debt, and this is a fundamental belief of all anti-capitalists.

Debt forgiveness is as old as human history. It's not a big deal and people who get excited about the "moral" aspect of paying debts are Tories.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

There is no moral obligation to ever pay debt, and this is a fundamental belief of all anti-capitalists.

Debt forgiveness is as old as human history. It's not a big deal and people who get excited about the "moral" aspect of paying debts are Tories.

Your club died. Your new club has never won a major honour despite overspending. I look forward to dancing on your grave once more. 

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Have you been drinking Buckie from your clubs Loving Cup again? 

How much debt are you running up these days?

Maybe this time you and your fellow fans might actually save your club from liquidation. Then again your giros won’t be enough.

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Have you been drinking Buckie from your clubs Loving Cup again? 

How much debt are you running up these days?

Maybe this time you and your fellow fans might actually save your club from liquidation. Then again your giros won’t be enough.

rattled

19 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Club has built itself on giving back to the community and allowing people to leave their past behind them. It's the only reason Declan Gallagher has gone on to have a career and make the Scotland squad. I can't see much wrong with the club giving someone a platform to rebuild their life.

Would you be happy if your team signed Goodwillie then ....

14 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

Would you be happy if your team signed Goodwillie then ....

Funnily enough it was something Livi fans have talked about for a good while. No clue where we draw the line in all fairness, Gallagher’s was a fairly violent assault but is that worse/not as bad as Goodwillie’s convictions? 

Personally if he does the business on the park and stays quiet/in line then fair enough. Let him be if he’s matured, grown and become a different person. 

That’s without talking about the fact he isn’t good enough though, I don’t reckon he’d get into our team