Livingston - all the threads merged

15 minutes ago, Ric said:

St Johnstone fans already getting antsy I see

Ric getting something wrong, being corrected, then claiming he was trolling, again, i see.

Fucking hell, gutted at this.

Holt and Hopkin have been the best 2 managers we've had in the last 15 years at least. Yes we've had a rough start to the season, but our problems are not so deep rooted that we're stranded. We have one of the smallest budgets in the division, we're not playing too badly, we're just not clinical up top. Get Tiffs back in there in the short term and work out how to fit JET in properly and we'll be fine.

End of a fucking era. The Holt times have been some of my favourite as a livi fan. The ultimate chaos of how he took over. Dolly Menga shitting on Rangers. Chaos ball. Pumping Hearts. Laughing at the whiny b*****ds who're too good to play on plastic. Restoring Gallagher/Halkett/Lithgow to glory. Beating Celtic for the first time ever. Turning Lyndon Dykes into a 2m player, which is probably keeping this club alive in such difficult times.

If I was Dundee I'd be in touch straight away. He deserves to manage a bigger club than us. 

Are Livi likely to go for someone currently not managing?  Or do they have a rainy day fund to buy out someone's contract?

The usual candidates will be people like McCall, Robertson, maybe Stevie Crawford.  Stuart Petrie will be sounded out too I reckon.

I know Robertson is tied up until 2022 at The Caley.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Are Livi likely to go for someone currently not managing?  Or do they have a rainy day fund to buy out someone's contract?

The usual candidates will be people like McCall, Robertson, maybe Stevie Crawford.  Stuart Petrie will be sounded out too I reckon.

I know Robertson is tied up until 2022 at The Caley.

We wont be paying anyone compensation unless it's 20k or so. I don't see Robertson coming in. Although if he came back and became the only manager to relegate us from the top tier having done it twice, that'd be impressive.

The pessimist in me sees Neil McCann being a big option. Hope not.

Tommy Wright is a manager, not a coach, which is something I've probably only come to feel since his departure. His strengths, as I see them, lie in getting his people around him and bringing out the best in them. He's fine tactically but he wins games by getting his players to do enough.

I think with the presence of David Martindale and his influence on recruitment (is that fair?) there is too much blurring for Tommy Wright to be properly effective. A lot of the players at Livingston would be his type though. 

Edited by Radford

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

About 3 weeks? 

Considering he spoke about wanting to get back into Scottish football some time ago, are you seriously claiming that if a post was available and he was contacted informally, something couldn't have been worked out? You know how it goes. In football, everything can be smoothed out with money.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ric getting something wrong, being corrected, then claiming he was trolling, again, i see.

You couldn't have called that worse if you tried. I've not said anything wrong nor have I been corrected nor am I claiming I'm trolling. 3 strikes to use a VT'ism.

Still, don't let that stop you. It's fun watching you desperately claim a manager that dumped your team wouldn't be interested in a bigger club.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

You couldn't have called that worse if you tried. I've not said anything wrong.

You claimed TW wouldn't mind only being a coach and not deciding who comes in.

I pointed out he said the exact opposite of that this year.

You claimed St Johnstone fans were upset.

Please point which bit of "Ric makes claim - gets told he's wrong- trolling" I've got wrong?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You claimed TW wouldn't mind only being a coach and not deciding who comes in.

I pointed out he said the exact opposite of that this year.

You claimed St Johnstone fans were upset.

Please point which bit of "Ric makes claim - gets told he's wrong- trolling" I've got wrong?

I said that his role would be clearly defined before he took the job, if he took the job. I'm sure you wouldn't disagree with that. Looks like you are trying to find an argument where there isn't one, which leads me neatly onto the second point. It's clear to all around that you're spitting feathers at the thought of Wright going to Livi. No amount of bluster can hide that.

:)

So far I’ve read our fans, seriously, suggesting the following ‘managers’ as contenders:

David Hopkin

John Hughes

Barry Ferguson

Brian Rice

Alan Stubbs

Shelley Kerr

You actually have to wonder if some folk actually watch football. 

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

That implies they stopped being antsy at some point. 

It's a fair point, I've never known a club support more annoyed at the slightest thing. Literally anything can get them frothing at the mouth. If only they showed that sort of commitment to turn up for actual games.

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Shelley Kerr

You know? I'd love to see a female manager. I honestly don't know how good Kerr is, she's clearly capable but without wishing to put a slight on women's football it's perhaps not quite the goldfish bowl mentality of the men's game. As much as I would like parity between the two, I should say.

I'm not sure how the Livi fan base would react but it would gain huge amounts of media coverage and perhaps a boost in any possible sponsorship once "the end times" are lifted, and it would (imo) be a really progressive step.

As I say, though, it would really depend on just how good she is as a manager.

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

I said that his role would be clearly defined before he took the job, if he took the job.

You said...

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I don't think Wright would care if the DoF was the person who was getting him players but not interfering with the team sheet.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You said...

Jinkies, not like you to selectively quote a paragraph to make a point now is it? 🙄

As I said, desperate to make a scene. You could start an argument in an empty room, so you could..

Edited by Ric