Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Buzzing for the deluded Livi fans shouting for Tommy Wright among other unrealistic shouts.

Hope Holt can go on to decent things, done brilliant and just didn't click this season, deserves a lot of respect for the way he's gone about it too. 

If Tommy Wright (somehow) takes it on I’d be absolutely delighted, but there is absolutely no danger he will be anywhere near this job. Absolutely no chance. 

5 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Marvin Bartley will most likely take over till January.

Correct. 

I'll not lie, I'm really surprised at that. Must be a personal choice as while he's not had the greatest of runs recently most managers down the bottom of the top league generally shitfest their way out of things unless they are relegated and given the boot then.

Surprised @Ludo*1 hasn't popped up with his "next manager" thread. Clearly he's slacking.

11 minutes ago, Afro said:

If Tommy Wright (somehow) takes it on I’d be absolutely delighted, but there is absolutely no danger he will be anywhere near this job. Absolutely no chance.

Why not? Look at the last club he was at, and he's pretty much admitted he's gagging to get back into work.

The only thing that might stop him, if he was asked, was the lure of a soon to be sacked McPake at Dundee.

Buzzing for the deluded Livi fans shouting for Tommy Wright among other unrealistic shouts.

Hope Holt can go on to decent things, done brilliant and just didn't click this season, deserves a lot of respect for the way he's gone about it too. 
I don't see any reason that Livi couldn't end up with Tommy Wright. You'd expect that the board would at least ask him the question rather than settling for some jobber like Hughes or Mcintyre.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Why not? Look at the last club he was at, and he's pretty much admitted he's gagging to get back into work.

The only thing that might stop him, if he was asked, was the lure of a soon to be sacked McPake at Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
27 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I don't see any reason that Livi couldn't end up with Tommy Wright. You'd expect that the board would at least ask him the question rather than settling for some jobber like Hughes or Mcintyre.

Even if he's allowed to bring in his own assistant, Martindale is still "Head of football operations", would Wright be happy working under a DoF?

Also think he has pick of any club in the top flight outside a few. Our only chance would be if he's happy with a DoF and only signing until the end of the season I think.

Would absolutely want the club doing anything they could (within reason) to bring him in but I just don't see it happening, will be delighted if I'm wrong. 

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Even if he's allowed to bring in his own assistant, Martindale is still "Head of football operations", would Wright be happy working under a DoF?

Also think he has pick of any club in the top flight outside a few. Our only chance would be if he's happy with a DoF and only signing until the end of the season I think.

Would absolutely want the club doing anything they could (within reason) to bring him in but I just don't see it happening, will be delighted if I'm wrong. 

I'm not saying he's a stick on, just that there is no reason for him not to. I don't think Wright would care if the DoF was the person who was getting him players but not interfering with the team sheet. You'd expect that would be confirmed before he took the job, if he did.

As for him having the pick of any club, I'm not sure if that's really the case, but the bottom line is he's not been picked by any club and he's been available for some time.

Edited by Ric

26 minutes ago, Ric said:

Can only gleam what fans of St Johnstone were saying, but by all accounts, the considerable influence Martindale holds on the footballing side of things seems at odds with his own preference as a manager. Not to say that beggars can’t be choosers in Wright’s situation, however. 

On recent showings I’m not certain he’d want to piss away some of the credit gained during his time at St Johnstone by failing to turn us around as well. As I said, I’d be delighted but can’t see it. 

10 minutes ago, Afro said:

Can only gleam what fans of St Johnstone were saying, but by all accounts, the considerable influence Martindale holds on the footballing side of things seems at odds with his own preference as a manager. Not to say that beggars can’t be choosers in Wright’s situation, however. 

On recent showings I’m not certain he’d want to piss away some of the credit gained during his time at St Johnstone by failing to turn us around as well. As I said, I’d be delighted but can’t see it. 

Agreed. Can't see him working "under" Martindale.

There's a number of reasons for Wright not taking the Livingston job that have nothing to do with size of club, stature and reputation in my opinion. 

Firstly he's gone on record so many times how much he hates plastic pitches and I'm fairly sure he's criticised Livingstons in the press. Secondly he's never going to want to work with the Martindale factor. It's not even the fact there's a DoF involved, but Martindale basically runs the club and Wright isn't going to want that, he want's complete control.

It's not unreasonable to think he might be interested, but I think the fact he's not even being listed on the betting pages right now tells you everything you need to know. He's been a lot less vocal recently about getting back into club management than before and I suspect he's already got an eye on Baracloughs disastrous start at N.I with a view to being brought in as an emergency wise head. 

31 minutes ago, Ric said:

I don't think Wright would care if the DoF was the person who was getting him players but not interfering with the team sheet.

I mean, he literally had an interview when with us where he moans about having no say in any footballing decisions, and talks about how he hates being treated as a "Head coach" rather than having major input in everything on the footballing side.