Livingston - all the threads merged

17 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Marv is very good at getting his foot between the defender and the ball at the last minute and winning fouls to break up play. Probably the most proficient in the dark arts at the club 

Aye, and getting his body in front of the ball to draw a foul when he's knocked over. Those type annoy me when it's the other way around, noticed Marv getting one even off Aitken, where he literally threw himself in front of the player and the ball and hit the deck without any contact, it was all in the momentum of getting in front of the opposition player that took him down.

You always say watch and don't touch them they're looking for the slightest touch to go to ground, sometimes just hitting the deck anyway without being touched and getting awarded a foul. The most cunning ones back into the player themselves to fall down.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 18/10/2020 at 14:14, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think we got the wrong McCrorie brother on loan, the Aberdeen one has been getting deserved plaudits, whereas ours is just bewildering reading the praise he gets, esp after watching him playing for Livi.

Stryjek has only played in 3 games for us and you can immediately see an improvement compared to McCrorie, in every one of those games. So frustrating seeing him sitting on the bench and not getting his chance in league games outside of Sevco. I think that's what makes the criticism on McCrorie even worse, our fans wanting Stryjek to have a chance getting a run of games, so we can see one way or the other if he really is an improvement in goals. If he isn't then it would prob be more acceptable letting McCrorie develop as our number one, mistakes and all.

We'll see what Stryjek does this weekend.

McCrorie is highly rated because he's had some really good loan spells (particularly at Queens) and he has most of the attributes you need in a keeper. He's just going to take time to adjust to the pace of the top level, the games going too quick for him at the minute. But he has the athleticism to deal with that once his brain catches up. Allan McGregor went through the exact same thing at Dunfermline and St Johnstone, and he's nowhere near the athlete that McCrorie is.

I know that's not comforting to a Livi fan wanting to see their team win now, but I still think McCrorie comes good.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

McCrorie is highly rated because he's had some really good loan spells (particularly at Queens) and he has most of the attributes you need in a keeper. He's just going to take time to adjust to the pace of the top level, the games going too quick for him at the minute. But he has the athleticism to deal with that once his brain catches up. Allan McGregor went through the exact same thing at Dunfermline and St Johnstone, and he's nowhere near the athlete that McCrorie is.

I know that's not comforting to a Livi fan wanting to see their team win now, but I still think McCrorie comes good.

Stryjek kept a clean sheet against you in our last game, saving the free kick near the end too and going into the post doing so, then getting up to deal with a corner kick while still a bit dazed. Just looks so much more commanding in his box than McCrorie.

Yeah Liam Kelly was the same in his first spell with us, and a much improved player 2 seasons later when he signed for us in our first season back up in the Premiership. 

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Stryjek kept a clean sheet against you in our last game, saving the free kick near the end too and going into the post doing so, then getting up to deal with a corner kick while still a bit dazed. Just looks so much more commanding in his box than McCrorie.

Yeah Liam Kelly was the same in his first spell with us, and a much improved player 2 seasons later when he signed for us in our first season back up in the Premiership. 

Aye, but to be fair we were absolutely rotten that day. We only had three shots on target the whole game, though the free kick was a good save. This weekend will likely be a good bit different.

Aye, Kelly is a good example. But again, I think McCrorie just has more athleticism and ability than Kelly did at that point in his career, meaning McCrorie's ceiling is higher when he eventually works it all out (if he works it all out - there's no guarantee).

source?

https://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/under-20s-update/

Firstly Kai Wilson, who played for 2 seasons with our 2002s squad and a further season in the Under 20s, secured a fantastic move to Livingston FC.

Also for the poster asking about him can't say I know anything about him as I'm not a Camelon fan just saw it posted on the EOS forum so decided to pass the info on.

Seems to the way we're going just now, looking at the juniors for signings, quite encouraging for junior teams to be having youngish players coming through their ranks, i remember a spell where it was all old pros ending up playing there and hardly any young talent coming up the way.

3 hours ago, G51 said:

Aye, but to be fair we were absolutely rotten that day. We only had three shots on target the whole game, though the free kick was a good save. This weekend will likely be a good bit different.

Aye, Kelly is a good example. But again, I think McCrorie just has more athleticism and ability than Kelly did at that point in his career, meaning McCrorie's ceiling is higher when he eventually works it all out (if he works it all out - there's no guarantee).

Never know what it'll be like playing at Ibrox and Parkhead, could end up on the end of a 5-0 doing, or even scrape a draw, all our games against you have been quite competitive though, and we haven't suffered any huge defeats. I realize by me just saying that, we're now likely to get gubbed 5-0 on Sunday.

On 20/10/2020 at 15:45, G51 said:

Allan McGregor was absolutely outstanding at Dunfermline, saved us from relegation and it was clear to everyone that he was a future Scotland player and certainly had the potential to de throne Klos. He was that good. 

Allan McGregor was absolutely outstanding at Dunfermline, saved us from relegation and it was clear to everyone that he was a future Scotland player and certainly had the potential to de throne Klos. He was that good. 

Yeah he was also very, very good at saints for the half season we had him as a 19 year old. Outstanding keeper at that age and first division level. We then replaced him with Craig Samson on loan and the difference was very evident very quickly.

On 20/10/2020 at 19:04, LIVIFOREVER said:

Seems to the way we're going just now, looking at the juniors for signings, quite encouraging for junior teams to be having youngish players coming through their ranks, i remember a spell where it was all old pros ending up playing there and hardly any young talent coming up the way.

Just a little thing, Camelon Juniors are no longer a juniors side.

Stryjek

Lawson Guthrie Brown Serrano

Bartley Sibbald

Mullin Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

Subs: McCrorie, Devlin, McMillan, ATS, Ambrose, Holt, Robinson, Poplatnik, JET

Backup/Injured: Fitzwater, Pignatiello, Maley, Jacobs, Lithgow

It won't happen but that's how I'd line up on Saturday. I really don't think we've benefited from our big squad so far this season, I think it's led to too many options and us not having a clear first 11.

Is he any good or have you not seen enough of him to tell?
I'm quite disappointed as I thought he looked pretty comfortable in the premiership. He'll do well in the championship as he's very physical...sometimes gives away daft fouls where he's a bit overzealous but a good touch, brave, strong and fairly quick. I'll be keeping an eye on rovers while he's there.

Stryjek

Lawson Guthrie Brown Serrano

Bartley Sibbald

Mullin Pittman Forrest

Tiffoney

Subs: McCrorie, Devlin, McMillan, ATS, Ambrose, Holt, Robinson, Poplatnik, JET

Backup/Injured: Fitzwater, Pignatiello, Maley, Jacobs, Lithgow

It won't happen but that's how I'd line up on Saturday. I really don't think we've benefited from our big squad so far this season, I think it's led to too many options and us not having a clear first 11.

Can't see Devlin being dropped after his performance against Rangers. Also, I can't wait to see Keaghan back in the side...we've missed his bite in a few games this season.