Livingston - all the threads merged

Souda away....club saying he's homesick and his attitude was first class...I'm not sure how much of that I believe but he was never getting near the team with our options now. He'll always be a cult hero for his dance when taking corners. When he was on it, he was a joy to watch.

Goalkeepers
1. Robby McCrorie - 2021 (loan)
32. Max Stryjek - 2023
40. Gary Maley - 2021

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)
3. Ciaron Brown - January 2021 (loan)
4. Alan Lithgow - 2021
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
12. Julien Serrano - 2021 (loan)
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
25. Efe Ambrose - 2021
27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)
29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 2021

Midfielders
6. Marvin Bartley - 2022
7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
18. Jason Holt - 2022
33. Steve Lawson - 2021
39. Carlo Pignatiello - 2021(?)

Forwards
9. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - 2021 (1 year extension option)
11. Alan Forrest - 2022
14. Josh Mullin - 2021 (2 year extension option)
15. Matej Poplatnik - 2022 (1 year extension option)
17. Scott Robinson - 2021
22. Scott Tiffoney - 2021(?)

In
Ciaron Brown - Cardiff (Loan)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - PTT Rayong
Jack Fitzwater - West Bromich Albion
Alan Forrest - Ayr United
Jason Holt - Rangers
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Queen's Park
Lars Lokotsch - SV Rodinghausen
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan)
Josh Mullin - Ross County
Matej Poplatnik - Kerala Blasters
Julien Serrano - AS Monaco (Loan)
Max Stryjek - Eastleigh

Out
Robbie Crawford - Motherwell (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021
Raffaele De Vita - Edinburgh City (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021
Lyndon Dykes - QPR
Chris Erskine - East Kilbride
Jack Hamilton - East Fife (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2022
Craig Henderson - East Stirlingshire
Ricki Lamie - Motherwell
Steven Lawless - Burton Albion
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Partick Thistle (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2022 (1 year extension option)
Lars Lokotsch - Raith Rovers (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2022 (1 year extension option)
Dolly Menga
Hakeem Odoffin - Hamilton Academical
Cece Pepe
Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)
Brian Schwake - Linlithgow Rose (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021 (?)
Aymen Souda
Ross Stewart - Hearts (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021
Anthony Stokes

Edited by EdinburghLivi

15 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Goalkeepers
1. Robby McCrorie - 2021 (loan)
32. Max Stryjek - 2023
40. Gary Maley - 2021

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)
3. Ciaron Brown - January 2021 (loan)
4. Alan Lithgow - 2021
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
12. Julien Serrano - 2021 (loan)
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
25. Efe Ambrose - 2021
27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)
29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 2021

Midfielders
6. Marvin Bartley - 2022
7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
18. Jason Holt - 2022
33. Steve Lawson - 2021
39. Carlo Pignatiello - 2021(?)

Forwards
9. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - 2020 (1 year extension option)
11. Alan Forrest - 2022
13. Lars Lokotsch - 2022 (1 year extension option)
14. Josh Mullin - 2021 (2 year extension option)
15. Matej Poplatnik - 2022 (1 year extension option)
17. Scott Robinson - 2021
22. Scott Tiffoney - 2021(?)
23. Raffaele De Vita - 2021

In
Ciaron Brown - Cardiff (Loan)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - PTT Rayong
Jack Fitzwater - West Bromich Albion
Alan Forrest - Ayr United
Jason Holt - Rangers
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Queen's Park
Lars Lokotsch - SV Rodinghausen
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan)
Josh Mullin - Ross County
Matej Poplatnik - Kerala Blasters
Julien Serrano - AS Monaco (Loan)
Max Stryjek - Eastleigh

Out
Robbie Crawford - Motherwell (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021
Lyndon Dykes - QPR
Chris Erskine - East Kilbride
Jack Hamilton - East Fife (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2022
Craig Henderson - East Stirlingshire
Ricki Lamie - Motherwell
Steven Lawless - Burton Albion
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Partick Thistle (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2022 (1 year extension option)
Dolly Menga
Hakeem Odoffin - Hamilton Academical
Cece Pepe
Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)
Brian Schwake - Linlithgow Rose (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021 (?)
Aymen Souda
Ross Stewart - Hearts (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2021
Anthony Stokes

Out of the squad, getting Guthrie and Ambrose tied up on new deals has got to the be the priority. Robinson would be a useful one to sign up longer-term IMO, as I don’t think we could pick up anyone better (or cheaper) who is competent in so many positions. Great squad player. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

De Vita to Edinburgh City for the rest of the season. Shame he likely won't play another game for us.

Shame too, isn't he one year away from his testimonial after his contract is up?

After watching the team yesterday, and I thought we played well, with the new boys settling in nicely. I was wondering if the management had considered that we could perhaps hold/retain and dominate possession better if we switched to a straight 4-3-3, something like

McCrorie/Stryjek

Devlin    Ambrose   Guthrie   Serrano

Holt     Bartley    Sibbald

Mullin       Jet       Forest 

I personally would like to see us try this formation, perhaps in the next BetFred cup games

Edited by Rscot

Just now, Rscot said:

After watching the team yesterday, and I thought we played well, with the new boys settling nicely. I was wondering if the management had considered that we could perhaps hold/retain and dominate possession better if we switched to a straight 4-3-3, something like

McCrorie/Stryjek

Devlin    Ambrose   Guthrie   Serrano

Holt     Bartley    Sibbald

Mullin       Jet       Forest 

I personally would like to see us try this formation, perhaps in the next BetFred cup games

There's no way we drop Pittman, I'd have him in over Sibbald in behind Jet

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Any player can be dropped for the good of the team. I thought there were times yesterday when  Pittman and Jet were quite often in the same space. Anyway it’s something I’d like to see, I think it would allow us to be more dominant in midfield without losing any offensive capability 

Edited by Rscot

17 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Aye in a 4-2-3-1, with JET up front and Mullin-Pitts-Forrest in the mid 3. We aint going to change a winning formation.

Thought big JET and Mullin were excellent in their cup game(s), both look brilliant signings that will improve the team and push us up a position or two. Mullin's deliveries alone improve us from set pieces, and we'll score goals from them, JET gives us the physical presence again, wins everything in the air, plus is good with the ball at his feet, holds off defenders and plays in players, think he'll score and set up goals. So many attributes in the one player. 

Looking forward to the Killie game, if we can win that one we'll move up to 5th, gonna be tough but it's def doable with our new signings improving our chances.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye in a 4-2-3-1, with JET up front and Mullin-Pitts_Forrest in the mid 3. We aint going to change a winning formation.

Thought big JET and Mullin were excellent in their cup game(s), both look brilliant signings that will improve the team and push us up a position or two. Mullins deliveries alone improve us from set pieces, and we'll score goals from them, JET gives us the physical presence again, wins everything in the air, plus is good with the ball at his feet, holds off defenders and plays in players, think he'll score and set up goals. So many attributes in the one player. 

Looking forward to the Killie game, if we can win that one we'll move up to 5th, gonna be tough but it's def doable with our new signings improving our chances.

Don’t you think we look susceptible to the counter at times yesterday because we had Bartley and Sibbald to cover the whole midfield? I think with Holt in beside Sibbald and Bartley we’d be a lot more solid in the middle of the park and still dangerous up front with Jet, Forrest, Mullin. I’d like to see Pitt’s played wide right or left at some point too, I think he’d do a good job on either side of Jet. Competition for places is good. 
I think playing 4-3-3 would allow us to sit in the opposition half, dominate possession, be able to defend counters from our midfield, and it would give Jet and the other 2 up top the space to operate without getting in each other’s way

Edited by Rscot

Don’t you think we look susceptible to the counter at times yesterday because we had Bartley and Sibbald to cover the whole midfield? I think with Holt in beside Sibbald and Bartley we’d be a lot more solid in the middle of the park and still dangerous up front with Jet, Forrest, Mullin. I’d like to see Pitt’s played wide right or left at some point too, I think he’d do a good job on either side of Jet. Competition for places is good. 
I think playing 4-3-3 would allow us to sit in the opposition half, dominate possession, be able to defend counters from our midfield, and it would give Jet and the other 2 up top the space to operate without getting in each other’s way
Anytime we've played Holt and Bartley together at the holding 2 we've looked a lot more solid defensively. Sibbald is a creative player rather than that midfield general and that's why I think his playing time is being limited since we signed Holt. With Mullin, Forrest and Pittman behind Jet I don't see as much need for Sibbalds forward thinking play as much. Holt and Bartley alternate really well as to who drops and when with one of them often dropping into defence to collect the ball from the keeper, giving us an out ball as well as natural defensive cover.

Don't think they do get in each others way. It was JET's first game, he'll soon get to know how everyone plays and fit into the system, did well in his debut though. No danger Pitts is getting dropped, he's an engine in midfield, both defensively and attack, and will feed off Mullin's crosses along the 6 yard line. There wont be many teams in the Premiership we'll dominate either, no matter what formation we use, Mullin and Tiffoney showed a quick counter attack for our 2nd goal against City, it's good to see us doing that again, we've a lot of options in the squad. I'd actually like us to go 2 up front in some games where we can, seeing how Tiffs and JET do as a pairing.