Livingston - all the threads merged

21 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

One thing that had me seething last night - our terrible set pieces. Can we please try someone else rather than Forrest? We must have had over 50 set pieces so far this season and haven't looked like scoring from almost any of them. 

Also I would veto the long throw unless Brown is playing. Not looking like scoring from them either.

The delivery from Forrest from set pieces hasn’t been good. I’d let Serrano take some of them suited to a left footer, he seems to be able to put in a good ball.

Edited by Rscot

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
5 minutes ago, Rscot said:
Him and Guthrie look solid at the back, they compliment each other well.

I'd be sticking with that pairing at the back. Brown is a decent option coming in to cover but I feel efe is our best defender by a country mile and Guthrie is a colossus

5 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Him and Guthrie look solid at the back, they compliment each other well.

Yep, coolest player we have for bringing the ball out of defence, absolute piss taker at times the way he sends strikers the wrong way, put Shankland on his arse cushioning the ball on his head to bring it down and turn the other way.😂

8 minutes ago, Rscot said:

I was hoping Souda was going to push on this season after settling in and adjusting to the game and life here in Scotland, but it doesn’t seem to be happening unfortunately. I do think that there is still a place up for grabs on the right side of our attacking midfield 3, where Lawless played last season.

With Holt having a thing about trying players in strange positions (Odoffin up front last season), wonder if he'll give Fitzwater a go on the right wing, that was some run he did in a game going down the wing and firing the ball across for a goal. Doesn't look like he'll get back in defence for a while anyway. 

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, coolest player we have for bringing the ball out of defence, absolute piss taker at times the way he sends strikers the wrong way, put Shankland on his arse cushioning the ball on his head to bring it down and turn the other way.😂

With Holt having a thing about trying players in strange positions (Odoffin up front last season), wonder if he'll give Fitzwater a go on the right wing, that was some run he did in a game going down the wing and firing the ball across for a goal. Doesn't look like he'll get back in defence for a while anyway. 

Fitzwater looked good in the Rangers game when he was basically just defending, again not a bad player to have on the bench, but as you said he doesn’t have the same ability to bring the ball out from the back or the range of passing that Ambrose has. That long pass last night from Ambrose to Tiffoney was class. But you’d hope that Brown and Fitzwater would both improve by training alongside Ambrose.

Edited by Rscot

12 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

One thing that had me seething last night - our terrible set pieces. Can we please try someone else rather than Forrest? We must have had over 50 set pieces so far this season and haven't looked like scoring from almost any of them. 

Also I would veto the long throw unless Brown is playing. Not looking like scoring from them either.

Looks like Devlin has given up on the long throw ins right enough, was taking them short last night. Quite funny that opposition managers still talk about us being a threat from set pieces, we've been absolute hopeless with them this season. Not been very good defending them either.

I used to sit up in anticipation when we got a throw in, and the chance to get it into the box, now i don't bother, we hardly ever win a header from them. Hoping JET will be able to change that,

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Mullin to come in and fix that then eh?

Anybody heard anything about Lithgow. Is he finished I wonder. That would be a great pity. He was always solid and those throw ins....[emoji8]
I believe he's still waiting on an operation with the covid backlog. Can't see him ever playing for us again tbh. I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season and his recovery looks as if it'll keep him out until then

How's Fitzwater getting on?

Wasn't impressing but a lot could be attributed to us playing a new system to shoehorn players in. Looked pretty shaky to start but then we had the Rangers game where he was arguably the best player on the park. He then got injured and fell out the team. It would be harsh for us to drop either of our current CBs with how they are playing. I'd imagine he'll get his chance in the upcoming cup games. He's showed glimpses but he's still young. Hopefully working alongside Efe Ambrose will bring him on.

I think last season we were looking for someone one the opposite wing to match Lawless’ output. As has been said above, I think we are one short because Lawless moved on.

Never rated Souda; a few step overs and scoring at St Mirren isn’t enough for me.

Serrano is a good shout for set pieces and also with Sibbald out the team he might be the best shout.

As was evident again on Fri we need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. Hoping Jet brings that to the table! 

So rumours for deadline day so far are Mullin (who I'm not sure we'll actually go for) and Paul McMullan who's being let go by Dundee United apparently. County also in for him
Robert Snodgrass keen to get first team football...looks like Celtic are taking him on loan...still one of my all time favourite players and I'll be gutted to see him line up against us

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

So rumours for deadline day so far are Mullin (who I'm not sure we'll actually go for) and Paul McMullan who's being let go by Dundee United apparently. County also in for him

Josh Mullin was a (sometimes) very good winger in the championship; I've not seen anything to suggest he could hold down a regular place (or even on the bench) in the Premiership.

Paul McMillan hasn't really done anything in the Premiership although he never really got the chance with Celtic and this season is only about a third in so who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Josh Mullin was a (sometimes) very good winger in the championship; I've not seen anything to suggest he could hold down a regular place (or even on the bench) in the Premiership.

Paul McMillan hasn't really done anything in the Premiership although he never really got the chance with Celtic and this season is only about a third in so who knows. 

I think today's announcement might be McMullan if I'm honest but who knows

23 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Mullin played well early last season as I recall. Not sure Ross County have had a good enough coaching team to get the best out of him.

Think he could do a job in a 4-2-3-1, we rarely saw him play in that position for us.