Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Fair play on getting that much for Dykes. 

Why don't you tell the boys how you really feel?

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sometimes in life - in the world of football - things happen that stop you in your tracks and question what is going on. Has this virus encompassing the world made people go mad? Is this truly the end of the world as we know it? 

Somebody has paid two million Great British pounds for Lyndon Dykes (£2m!)

I don't care that the money is crazy down south. I care that the game we loved is being run by people willing to pay that sort of money for a 'player' such as him. 

It has to be a drug deal. 

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why don't you tell the boys how you really feel?

Dundee fans know a lot about getting megabucks for shite, tbf. They got over £1m for Jack Hendry FFS.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee fans know a lot about getting megabucks for shite, tbf. They got over £1m for Jack Hendry FFS.

Think you lads can sell us Ali McCann for 20k to make up for Murray Davidson and Dave Mackay?

Hi folks, we done an interview with Joe McKee - he talks a little bit about his upbringing with you guys - link below if you wanna read! Cheers x
https://www.stonewallermag.co.uk/post/joe-mckee-curtain-call
Interesting read. I shivered when he talked about the Italians at Livi. Dark times for the club.

McKee's story is a strange one. Clearly a talented individual but also a bit of an underachiever. He makes it sound like he's had a lot of hard luck throughout his career but I wonder if it's his attitude that is the real problem.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

You get people who only watched the games v Celtic last season and coming to the conclusion that those must be the only good games he had. Bizarre take.

Can't help wondering that if he'd played for a more "fashionable" club then the price could have been significantly higher.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Apparently we played Hibs in a bounce game yesterday, at their training park, giving the fringe players a run out.

Disappointing that the EEN article has the Hibs line up but not ours.

Hibs: Dabrowski, Stirling, Gray, McGregor, Stevenson, Mallan, Allan, Hallberg, Mackie, F Murray, Gullan. Subs: Johnson, James, Shanley, I Murray, Yeats, Fairley.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Disappointing that the EEN article has the Hibs line up but not ours.
Hibs: Dabrowski, Stirling, Gray, McGregor, Stevenson, Mallan, Allan, Hallberg, Mackie, F Murray, Gullan. Subs: Johnson, James, Shanley, I Murray, Yeats, Fairley.
How strong a lineup is that for Hibs? There's a few names I recognise

Can't help wondering that if he'd played for a more "fashionable" club then the price could have been significantly higher.

I doubt anyone would have paid more than £2m for a player who only has a single good season at this level under his belt, regardless of who he played for.

I'm a massive fan of Dykes, but still think Livi have done exceptionally well to get as much as you did.

Sounds like we’ll receive just over £1m guaranteed from the Dykes deal. Provided that once Queens take their chunk, we can pay off our debt to Rankine, I’d say that’s the best result out of this whole transfer. The remaining sum based on sell-on clauses is a bonus. 

Hopefully Dykes can get a cap next month so we can get another wee chunk of cash soon. Assume more will come when he's played a certain amount of games or scored some goals.

As people have said though if we can pay off that debt to Rankine then it's amazing for us. Ideally we can also get someone relatively cheap in on loan, unless Hamilton/Sal can make a massive leap soon.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Hopefully Dykes can get a cap next month so we can get another wee chunk of cash soon. Assume more will come when he's played a certain amount of games or scored some goals.

As people have said though if we can pay off that debt to Rankine then it's amazing for us. Ideally we can also get someone relatively cheap in on loan, unless Hamilton/Sal can make a massive leap soon.

We can but dream.

3 hours ago, Chuck Blazer said:

More than a wee bitty fanciful, but Griffiths on loan would be fucking great. Can't see him getting a lot of game time at Celtic, also can't see him coming back to us either truth be told but I can dream...

He absolutely wouldn't. He'd come in, go missing, go in a huff because Sal starts ahead of him away to Hamilton. Have a fight in training and then piss off. 

He'd either fix his entire personality by being with our dressing room, or absolutely ruin it in a Kenny Miller-esque style ego trip