Livingston - all the threads merged

Terrific display from the back 4 and Stryjek. Fitzwater MOTM for me, he threw himself at everything and was much improved from the last 3 games.

Credit to Devlin as well who was really solid after I slagged him off. 

I would start Hamilton in Aberdeen with Tiffoney or SKA coming off the bench. Poplatnik needs to work harder to get in the team.

Think McCrorie will stay out the team after today, goalie looked better?

Spoiler

Been paying an unhealthy amount of attention to Livi since Ayr aren't about

Edited by itzdrk

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think McCrorie will stay out the team after today, goalie looked better?

Hide contents

Been paying an unhealthy amount of attention to Livi since Ayr aren't about

Based on that showing, definitely. Holt doesn't tend to let folk who play like that slide out the team for no reason

That’s the Livi I know and love 🥰

Brilliant save from Max and besides that I don’t think he really had much to do at all: pushed the corner after freekick; and saved a Kent shot that was straight at him - anything else of note? So I’m in this strange position of not really know how good he is. Which is good.

After his great Ibrox showing didnt Schofield get replaced by Sarkic(?)? I’d say it’s 50/50 who plays against the Covidons.

Edited by crispy

That’s the Livi I know and love [emoji3059]
Brilliant save from Max and besides that I don’t think he really had much to do at all: pushed the corner after freekick; and saved a Kent shot that was straight at him - anything else of note? So I’m in this strange position of not really know how good he is. Which is good.
After his great Ibrox showing didnt Schofield get replaced by Sarkic(?)? I’d say it’s 50/50 who plays against the Covidons.
Was replaced by McCrorie

30 minutes ago, crispy said:

That’s the Livi I know and love 🥰

It was his overall decision making of when to come out for the ball that impressed me most, far better than McCrorie who hesitated twice against Motherwell and was lucky not to lose us a goal, as big Jon had to make a goal line clearance. Stryjek came out and made a sliding save right on the edge of his box, no hesitation and made it look simple. Just looks more assured for me. Another thing, he's our own player, and not a loanee, so why not keep him in the starting line up and give him as much game time as we can to hopefully get him settled in with the team for next season's first choice keeper.

McCrorie is here to get games but feck it, shouldn't be just getting in ahead of our own keeper if it isn't on merit, and so far he hasn't done anything to deserve being first choice keeper.

I was pretty impressed with Jason Holt. Fits our team well and will give us some fantastic experience. Would be good to see him alongside Bartley in the holding 2 which would allow Sibbald to move further forward into the role that Pittman currently plays. Pitts has been a fantastic player for us but I just feel hes gone off the boil a bit recently whereas Sibbald seems to be getting better.

When you look at the list of players we had missing for yesterday's game, that was very impressive.

Missing were:-

McCrorie (starting keeper, due to loan clause not allowing him to play against parent club)

Brown (Injury)

Lithgow (long term injury)

Lawson (injury)

Jacobs (assume it's an injury)

Souda (injury perhaps?)

Menga (absent for whatever reason, not listed on the playing squad)

Dykes (off to pastures new)

Add in the fact that Bartley was taken off with an injury and Poplatnik was as well, that was some result.

I'm hoping that with the Dykes money, Holt is allowed to pop out and grab a couple of players to shore up the positions we need. Perhaps another winger and striker.

Assuming all are out against Aberdeen (apart from McCrorie), it leaves the squad paper thin.

I reckon we could line up as follows:-

Stryjek

Devlin  Fitzwater  Guthrie  McMillan

Holt Crawford

Forrest Pittman Sibbald

Hamilton

Bench

McCrorie, Taylor-Sinclair, Ambrose, Robinson, Kouidder-Aissa, Pignatello, Tiffoney, Da Vita, Pepe,

It's really a threadbare squad and I really do think we might need a player or two in to bolster the squad.

Made the brave decision to venture onto that fans facebook page.

Someone suggesting we spend £1 million on Uche Ikpeazu.

Someone adamant that it would be excellent business to sign Darryl Duffy who is *checks notes* 36 years old and plays for Stirling Albion.

It's a wild place. There's also mention of Ryan Fraser, which was an obvious joke (... I think?) but I'm worried some of the people on there will take it seriously and think he's on his way up.

7 minutes ago, spiggle said:

When you look at the list of players we had missing for yesterday's game, that was very impressive.

McCrorie (starting keeper, due to loan clause not allowing him to play against parent club)

Brown (Injury)

Lawson (injury)

Souda (injury perhaps?)

Add in the fact that Bartley was taken off with an injury and Poplatnik was as well, that was some result.

I'm hoping that with the Dykes money, Holt is allowed to pop out and grab a couple of players to shore up the positions we need. Perhaps another winger and striker.

Assuming all are out against Aberdeen (apart from McCrorie), it leaves the squad paper thin.

Stryjek

Holt Crawford

Forrest Pittman Sibbald

Hamilton

Bench

McCrorie, Taylor-Sinclair, Ambrose, Robinson, Kouidder-Aissa, Pignatello, Tiffoney, Da Vita, Pepe,

It's really a threadbare squad and I really do think we might need a player or two in to bolster the squad.

I think Souda may have been left out as those aren't the type of games where he tends to be useful...I'd imagine he'll come back into the matchday squad against aberdeen where we'll expect to compete more.  You're lineup looks decent but i'd be inclined to push Sibbald into Pittman's position and play Robbo on the left wing. Think Pitts has been off the boil for a wee while so could maybe use some time on the bench. The back 4  and keeper surely have to be unchanged after the performance yesterday.

Seriously doubt we'll be splashing out any money for players at the moment.

After costs, and sell on fees for QoS, it's doubtful that we'll end up with near £1.5 in the bank; also how much of the fee is going to be based on appearances?

Currently we're in the midst of a pandemic and are possibly one c0ck-up from having football halted again. If that happens it will hit clubs particularly hard but none harder than those that have paid for new expensive players but without the revenue to back it up. They will have an inflated wage bill but no income to meet it.

Can we honestly believe that no player in the premiership isn't going to be arrogant enough to think the rules don't apply to him.... for a whole eight months?

The money we get for Dykes could provide us with financial security for a whole season; its not a case of ambition; this is about survival.

18 minutes ago, spiggle said:

Brown (Injury)

Lawson (injury)

Souda (injury perhaps?)

Stryjek

Holt Crawford

Forrest Pittman Sibbald

Hamilton

Bench

Not so sure about the "threadbare" tag; it still looks pretty strong to me. However I can virtually guarantee that if Bartley isn't fit then his place will be taken by Ambrose as a defensive midfielder. 

I'd also like to see some support for Hamilton either in the form of Robinson or Kouider Aissa but who gives way for them is another matter - maybe in the second half?

13 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Someone adamant that it would be excellent business to sign Darryl Duffy who is *checks notes* 36 years old and plays for Stirling Albion.

It's a wild place. There's also mention of Ryan Fraser, which was an obvious joke (... I think?) but I'm worried some of the people on there will take it seriously and think he's on his way up.

I think it's going to be a free agent, a decent loan or a bargain. I can't see us splashing out on someone.

Some unknown striker who scores for fun in lower league England that used to play for Walsall :)

14 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not so sure about the "threadbare" tag; it still looks pretty strong to me. However I can virtually guarantee that if Bartley isn't fit then his place will be taken by Ambrose as a defensive midfielder. 

I'd also like to see some support for Hamilton either in the form of Robinson or Kouider Aissa but who gives way for them is another matter - maybe in the second half?

Agreed on Ambrose, think that's likely. 

Surprised Tiffoney didn't come on yesterday. Would like to see him get more of a chance. 

17 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agreed on Ambrose, think that's likely. 

Surprised Tiffoney didn't come on yesterday. Would like to see him get more of a chance. 

Tiffoney? Good gawd I'd forgotten about him; he'd have been the ideal partner for Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Seriously doubt we'll be splashing out any money for players at the moment.

After costs, and sell on fees for QoS, it's doubtful that we'll end up with near £1.5 in the bank; also how much of the fee is going to be based on appearances?

Currently we're in the midst of a pandemic and are possibly one c0ck-up from having football halted again. If that happens it will hit clubs particularly hard but none harder than those that have paid for new expensive players but without the revenue to back it up. They will have an inflated wage bill but no income to meet it.

Can we honestly believe that no player in the premiership isn't going to be arrogant enough to think the rules don't apply to him.... for a whole eight months?

The money we get for Dykes could provide us with financial security for a whole season; its not a case of ambition; this is about survival.

Couldn't have put it better myself. On top of what you've said, I also have fears due to QPR being a financial basket case that we might not get the dough anyway. That's overly pessimistic on my part. I hope.

3 hours ago, spiggle said:

Menga is away, just hasn't been announced because he still has a year. Last seen riding a fucking quad bike through Bordeaux (no seriously. Pepe is away as well, posting videos of himself back in France at a party (again, no seriously). Keaghan broke his foot, his missus put a picture up of him and his wee one and he had the big boot on.

Would imagine De Vita, Pignatiello and maybe even Tiffoney will be out on loan again when the lower leagues are back up and going

30 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Menga is away, just hasn't been announced because he still has a year. Last seen riding a fucking quad bike through Bordeaux (no seriously. Pepe is away as well, posting videos of himself back in France at a party (again, no seriously). Keaghan broke his foot, his missus put a picture up of him and his wee one and he had the big boot on.

Would imagine De Vita, Pignatiello and maybe even Tiffoney will be out on loan again when the lower leagues are back up and going

Did him and Lawson go in two footed on one another in training, Lawson's meant to have broken his foot too.

Squad wise we're well covered still, would take a hell of an injury list to have us really struggling. On a replacement striker, we'll just have to wait and see how Sal and Poplatnik do, they were the two brought in when the club knew Dykes was on his way out. They'll take time to settle in, one is from the lower leagues and the other a foreign league.

Hammy and Tiffoney need to step up too, and prove themselves this season, getting to last chance saloon for those two. If they don't do it this season I reckon they'll be punted. 

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Livi's version of JKB.