Livingston - all the threads merged

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

f**k it let's go 442. Poplatnik looked decent so just stick him up front with Sal and f**k Dykes off for the money. Who could we buy with a wee transfer kitty of 300-400k. Go out and break our transfer record on someone decent

I'd take us just sticking Efe up front just to then get  someone at the back playing in their proper position, hell have Fitzwater up there too supporting him so we can get them both out of our defence and have McMillan-Guthrie-Brown-ATS playing in a back 4, Marv-Crawford in front of them, Souda-Forrest in midfield then just lump it up to Efe and Fitzwater. Couldn't be any worse than we're getting just now.

2 year deal for Jason Holt. Unsurprising when he was training with us. I think that he is a great upgrade to our centre mid options so he'll likely play at right wing back tomorrow.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 year deal for Jason Holt. Unsurprising when he was training with us. I think that he is a great upgrade to our central mid options so he'll likely play at right wing back tomorrow.
Can now hope we try to shoehorn him in by playing more midfielders...that might lead to us reverting back to 4-2-3-1 with him alongside Marv

22 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
24 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:
2 year deal for Jason Holt. Unsurprising when he was training with us. I think that he is a great upgrade to our central mid options so he'll likely play at right wing back tomorrow.

Can now hope we try to shoehorn him in by playing more midfielders...that might lead to us reverting back to 4-2-3-1 with him alongside Marv

And then prob stick Ambrose in the attacking mid three behind Dykes. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Good wee tidy player. Uses the ball well from deep and does get stuck in despite his size. He can get up and down the park, but certainly offensively he never showed anything in the final third for us. 

I think he'll do well at Livi, he's the hard working type of player your squad has, but I'd say he's a defensive type guy who won't go box to box like Pitmann.

Good wee tidy player. Uses the ball well from deep and does get stuck in despite his size. He can get up and down the park, but certainly offensively he never showed anything in the final third for us. 
I think he'll do well at Livi, he's the hard working type of player your squad has, but I'd say he's a defensive type guy who won't go box to box like Pitmann.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like he would be a good partner for Bartley in the midfield. We certainly need a bit more solidity in the team at the moment.

Aye Holt should fit in well. Hard working and his passes generally find the target. I wouldnt have minded us taking him back at all, looked decent in his occasional outings.

Only reason he wasnt a regular was because Ali McCann came along, any other season and I think he'd have been key.

All for it at the time, but yet to see what Efe Ambrose is bringing to this team. Even in a somewhat favoured position. Every clearance/pass/cross went to a Motherwell player. Lets not get started on Fitzwater. 

Anyway, good to see a bit better performance with us at least looking like we had a bit of an idea what was going on. Forrest looked good and did Sibbald. I would have liked to have seen us use some more of the subs as most of the team were blowing at the end. 

Not looking forward to Sunday, could be a sore one. 

3 minutes ago, KingKachloul said:

All for it at the time, but yet to see what Efe Ambrose is bringing to this team. Even in a somewhat favoured position. Every clearance/pass/cross went to a Motherwell player. Lets not get started on Fitzwater. 

Anyway, good to see a bit better performance with us at least looking like we had a bit of an idea what was going on. Forrest looked good and did Sibbald. I would have liked to have seen us use some more of the subs as most of the team were blowing at the end. 

Not looking forward to Sunday, could be a sore one. 

Efe has pace, composure and experience. He can only do so much being asked to play out of position so often. Of course this would be smoothed over by just dropping Fitzwater for him and playing McMillan and ATS on the WBs

Just now, ATLIS said:

Efe has pace, composure and experience. He can only do so much being asked to play out of position so often. Of course this would be smoothed over by just dropping Fitzwater for him and playing McMillan and ATS on the WBs

If he could compose himself to clear the ball then it would be a start.

A wee rumour on the Ayr thread that Robbie Crawford could be on his way back to ourselves? Unsure whether it would be on loan or permanent. How has he done for you guys? 

Also, fancy chucking Nicky Devlin in. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

A wee rumour on the Ayr thread that Robbie Crawford could be on his way back to ourselves? Unsure whether it would be on loan or permanent. How has he done for you guys? 

Also, fancy chucking Nicky Devlin in. 

Crawford has looked good at points, just a tough place to get into the team at the moment. I would be surprised if he leaves as he is definitely a good squad player for us to have. 

On the basis of the start of the season you can have Devlin. 

I like Crawford and don't think he's had enough opportunities in the team. Given he didn't make the bench tonight, I would say a loan until January could be possible. We don't have a million options at centre mid though. 

Echo the comment on Devlin. Don't think he's up to much technically.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I like Crawford and don't think he's had enough opportunities in the team. Given he didn't make the bench tonight, I would say a loan until January could be possible. We don't have a million options at centre mid though. 
Echo the comment on Devlin. Don't think he's up to much technically.

He never was up to much technically. But he was fast and physical and threw himself into 50/50s which endeared himself to our fans.

I really like Crawford. Has bags of energy and battling mentality. I was wondering whether he was going to get any game time though. It seems Bartley and Sibbald have the two central positions and the addition of Holt makes it even more competitive in there and then there’s Jacobs to return from injury.

I think right back is still up for grabs and would seem to be one of five players (Devlin, Fitz, Ambrose, McMillan, Lawson).

I think we’ll need to put people out on loan.

Edited by crispy

34 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Ross Stewart apparently moving to Hearts on loan. His agent must be one of the best out there.

Wild from them considering Gordon will be injured after 2 games, assume they'll just bring someone else in when that happens.

46 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Wild from them considering Gordon will be injured after 2 games, assume they'll just bring someone else in when that happens.

I'm assuming he'll be third choice, we still have Zlamal.  Harry Stone is currently third choice but he's highly rated and there's no reserve league, so I think he'll be loaned out.

Edited by Tony Wonder