Livingston - all the threads merged

16 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Record reporting we've turned down a bid of over £1million for Dykes from an English Championship club.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Their source seems to be a tweet from The Guardian's golf correspondent.

2077075407_ScreenShot2020-07-24at16_58_48.png.6201edcd83c5432238ccbdc94f9f8cbe.png

Edited by capt_oats

27 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Record reporting we've turned down a bid of over £1million for Dykes from an English Championship club.

Barnsley apparently. You'd have to assume he's leaving at this point. Glad we rejected the first bid, I'll be delighted if we get anywhere near 2m.

3 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Hi guys, we done an interview with Steve Lawson and thought I would drop it in here: 

https://www.stonewallermag.co.uk/post/steve-lawson-sparrowhawk-to-lion

Great interview with genuinely interesting questions asked. Seems like both the interviewer and Steve had a good time talking to each other. 

Fair play to him for knowing his history on Meadowbank as well!

On a similar note, I would love LFCLive to do a quiz with Livi related questions.

3 hours ago, crispy said:

Only a week to go! 

Bloody long week, and with the interest on Dykes it can't come quickly enough.

If he does go, then i'm still hanging on to a shred of hope we can work a loan back till January into the deal, to give the new strikers time to bed in, and have us more or less safe from relegation again (which I think we would be with Dykes in our team till then).

2-2 draw with Ross County today, Dykes and SKA getting our goals.

Notice Poplatnik hasn't featured in any pre season games and that was the last of them before our season opener on Saturday, SKA and Forrest seem to have settled in well though, and Fitzwater had a hand in our first goal, sending a long ball down to Devlin, who set up Dykes with his headed goal. Looks like Pignatiello is getting his chance at playing in the first team this season too, as he's featured in all our pre season games.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Holt mentioned something about Poplatnik's partner still needing to move over so his omission may be related to that.

Good for Kouider-Aissa & Dykes to get their first goals today. Will be interesting to watch the highlights to see if the loss of late goals was down to fitness. Ross County have been training for about a month longer than us.

Prob more to do with the changing around of players, both Dykes and Forrest came off at HT, although it was his replacement SKA that bagged us our 2nd goal. And big Marv went off before their equaliser, who would certainly be a big miss protecting our defence. It's more about getting everyone game time though so all in all a decent run out.

Not sure about the back line selection, is it Brown or Fitzwater playing in a back 3 with Guthrie & Ambrose, and the other one LB opposite Devlin at RB. Fitzwater went off for McMillan, although I realize we could've reshuffled the defence with Brown moving into the CB 3 if he was playing LB , and McMillan going into the LB position.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not sure about the back line selection, is it Brown or Fitzwater playing in a back 3 with Guthrie & Ambrose, and the other one LB opposite Devlin at RB. Fitzwater went off for McMillan, although I realize we could've reshuffled the defence with Brown moving into the CB 3 if he was playing LB , and McMillan going into the LB position.

Think you've got the last bit correct. Looks like Brown at LWB.

Not really keen on this 3-5-1-1 formation based on what I saw last season. Felt we were much more effective with a back 4.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Think you've got the last bit correct. Looks like Brown at LWB.

Not really keen on this 3-5-1-1 formation based on what I saw last season. Felt we were much more effective with a back 4.

This, feel like Forrest would be wasted playing out of position.

Think the 4-2-3-1 really suited us last season, giving Pittman a more attacking role and having 2 wingers and 2 full backs to put in crosses worked really well.

Yeah we're a bit laden with CB's, keeping them all happy will be a problem, going with 3 at the back and 2 WB's solves that problem but agree it isn't our best set up now. And sticking Brown in as LWB wastes his talent as a CB, as he showed last season in a back 4, he was far better playing as a CB.

Guthrie is nailed on to start, which leaves only one from Ambrose, Brown & Fitzwater, on last season's performance i'd prefer Brown, but looks like he'll be sacrificed to play  LWB, which means ATS or McMillan wont be starting there. Imo they're our two best players at that position. Brown's long throws will bag us goals too, so he has to start, can't see Ambrose being left on the bench though so think we'll stick with the 3 CB's and 2 WB's. 

If that is the case then however harsh on Fitzwater it may be, i'd rather Brown was part of that back 3, and either ATS or McMillan played at LWB.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah we're a bit laden with CB's, keeping them all happy will be a problem, going with 3 at the back and 2 WB's solves that problem but agree it isn't our best set up now. And sticking Brown in as LWB wastes his talent as a CB, as he showed last season in a back 4, he was far better playing as a CB.

Guthrie is nailed on to start, which leaves only one from Ambrose, Brown & Fitzwater, on last season's performance i'd prefer Brown, but looks like he'll be sacrificed to play  LWB, which means ATS or McMillan wont be starting there. Imo they're our two best players at that position. Brown's long throws will bag us goals too, so he has to start, can't see Ambrose being left on the bench though so think we'll stick with the 3 CB's and 2 WB's. 

I'm wondering if the 3 at the back is an experiment to help us pick up more positive results away from home...the 4-2-3-1 seemed to work great at home where we are stronger

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm wondering if the 3 at the back is an experiment to help us pick up more positive results away from home...the 4-2-3-1 seemed to work great at home where we are stronger

Hope so, certainly worked better away from home than it did today at home using it, 1 goal conceded in 2 away games and 2 goals conceded in a home game.