Livingston - all the threads merged

I saw somewhere that Menga was in Belgium. I can't remember where. I reckon the triallist was probably a sub keeper that we're looking at, possibly Rohan Ferguson who is on trial with the club. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not seen any mention of Jacobs injury?

Stewart, Schwake, Maley, Tiffoney and De Vita have appeared in the clips of training.

Other three definitely MIA, as you say.

Keags’ shared his wife’s story on Instagram of him and their wee one and he has a medical boot brace on - same type Lawson is wearing atm too

21 minutes ago, spiggle said:

I saw somewhere that Menga was in Belgium. I can't remember where. I reckon the triallist was probably a sub keeper that we're looking at, possibly Rohan Ferguson who is on trial with the club. 

Maybe Jason Holt too, as he’s training with the club. Not heard much about RF continuing his trial beyond the last few weeks 

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Maybe Jason Holt too, as he’s training with the club. Not heard much about RF continuing his trial beyond the last few weeks 

There was one triallist named on the bench and none of the other subs was a keeper. I would assume that the triallist is a keeper based on that, but you are right, it could as easily be Jason Holt. 

Definitely a triallist keeper - 

The hosts brought on seven new faces, with only Mehmet surviving the whole 90 minutes after three earlier substitutions, while Livi made five changes which saw Marvin Bartley, Jack McMillan, Craig Sibbald, Lyndon Dykes and Robby McCrorie be replaced by Carlo Pignatielo, Robbie Crawford, Salim Kouider Aissa, Jack Hamilton and a trialist.

51 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We looked pretty sharp in the friendly highlights, just lacking the killer touch on the numerous chances we had. 

I notice Pittman went off in the first half yesterday. Hopefully not another injury.

Did you see Kouider-Aissa's chance?

Not reading too much into it given the context of it but certainly created some decent chances from the highlights. Couple of good chances for Dykes and another for Kouider-Aissa towards the end. Not a clue how the United boy missed the sitter after half time, though.

34 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Sounds promising, although he left Sunderland because he wanted first team football, and McCrorie is likely going to be ahead of him at Livi, and he'll have to wait till we play Sevco before getting his chance to start. Hopefully will push for a starting place though and can come in if McCrorie doesn't perform well.

36 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

5 keepers lol

At least confirms that the management team do not see Stewart as a Premiership level keeper.

Yep, Stewart's never impressed, don't think QotS fans were enamoured with him in his loan spell there last season either. Thought it was too early for Schwake (maybe needs to go out on loan to a league One or Championship side this season), so glad we've signed Stryjek to give McCrorie competition for the GK jersey.

I take it the GK trialist against Utd was Stryjek.

Yep, Stewart's never impressed, don't think QotS fans were enamoured with him in his loan spell there last season either. Thought it was too early for Schwake (maybe needs to go out on loan to a league One or Championship side this season), so glad we've signed Stryjek to give McCrorie competition for the GK jersey.

I take it the GK trialist against Utd was Stryjek.
The OS says he featured against Dundee United so he must have been the trialist keeper. I'm assuming we've dropped our interest in Rohan Ferguson

18 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

That's Ciaron Brown in for 6 months as well. No one can stop us from winning the league if we sign all the players...

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Away tactics this season, play 5 CB's & 2 FB's in a 7-3-1 formation, just lump it up to dykes, get a foul, all the big CB's come up for the set piece and we get a goal, then keep a clean sheet.

Delighted that Brown is back, he was great at the end of last year. I'm just disappointed that he signed a new deal at Cardiff and came back on loan rather than coming here permanently.

Our squad is massive now though, got to be looking at getting rid of a couple. Odoffin, Pepe, Lithgow, Tiffoney & Menga must be the top candidates. Although I'll be heartbroken if Dolly goes.

12 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Delighted that Brown is back, he was great at the end of last year. I'm just disappointed that he signed a new deal at Cardiff and came back on loan rather than coming here permanently.

Our squad is massive now though, got to be looking at getting rid of a couple. Odoffin, Pepe, Lithgow, Tiffoney & Menga must be the top candidates. Although I'll be heartbroken if Dolly goes.

I’m still haunted by Menga scoring against us 🙈