Livingston - all the threads merged

Ciaran Brown coming back to us on loan according to this article.  https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-cardiff-starlet-ciaron-brown-livingston-bound

Plenty competition in defence anyway, Brown and Guthrie were a good partnership, and his long throw ins are worth a few goals.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Cheers for the fixture news, folks.

Prior to Ciaron Brown returning last season I wouldn’t have been too excited but if he does come back then I’d be pleased. It’s shaping up to be a solid squad in the aforementioned Livi ‘Poundland Recruitment’ mould.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Jason Holt training with us.

I liked Jason Holt and think he could fit in well at Livingston. He's out of our price range I suspect. We can't compete with the likes of Livingston, Motherwell and St Mirren for wages unfortunately.

Tidy player who goes about his business but will never really dictate a game.

38 minutes ago, Radford said:

I liked Jason Holt and think he could fit in well at Livingston. He's out of our price range I suspect. We can't compete with the likes of Livingston, Motherwell and St Mirren for wages unfortunately.

Tidy player who goes about his business but will never really dictate a game.

No sure if i'm being whooshed here.🤣

According to Gary Holt, the Coronavirus has changed things in favour of the clubs just now, with players willing to drop their wages just to get a club. J Holt is just training with us though, nothing more, just now.

If Brown has come back, that’s six centre halves (Ambrose, Guthrie, Brown, Lithgow, Fitzwater and Pepe). Wouldn’t be surprised if there are some departures now. 

Wouldn’t be averse to Jason Holt signing but it’s an area we’re stacked in, and I’m not sure he’s much of an upgrade over what we have. Unless someone is off. 

15 minutes ago, Afro said:

If Brown has come back, that’s six centre halves (Ambrose, Guthrie, Brown, Lithgow, Fitzwater and Pepe). Wouldn’t be surprised if there are some departures now. 

Wouldn’t be averse to Jason Holt signing but it’s an area we’re stacked in, and I’m not sure he’s much of an upgrade over what we have. Unless someone is off. 

Pepe by all accounts is gone and Lithgow is out long term. Gives us 4, and we played a back 3 sometimes last season

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Not at all. Just look below your post and the chat about 6 or 7 centre backs. We can only afford three and won't be signing any more. 

Economical with the truth there Radford. We do of course have 4/5 players capable of playing CB with 3 who excel in that position. We are also leaving a pathway for our next young star to break through, if he isn't out on loan that is,  which is unlikely because there is nobody to loan to.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Not at all. Just look below your post and the chat about 6 or 7 centre backs. We can only afford three and won't be signing any more. 

Budget wise  we were the 2nd lowest just above Accies last season, and the lowest the season before in the Premiership, and the 2nd lowest the season we got promoted in the Championship, really can't see that changing this season. Can't remember the exact article showing average Premiership wages, but St Johnstone's were higher than Livi's.  

Since John Ward came into Livi we've had an overhaul and are pretty well run, sticking to a tight budget.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can't remember the exact article showing average Premiership wages, but St Johnstone's were higher than Livi's.

Tbf I'm pretty sure those lists usually use figures from the season or two before. Our wages for that table likely wouldn't have had Bartley and Ambrose who I assume aren't on pennies.

I'd be surprised if we're still spending significantly less than the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren etc.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can't remember the exact article showing average Premiership wages.

The science that went into that was looking up wage bills, and then dividing that by the amount of first team players you think that club have.

St Johnstone had 19 senior, contracted, players last season, and thats if you include Kennedy who left in January. 

Livingston had 23.

This season St Johnstone sit at 17.

Livingston sit at 29, according to this thread.

Try and figure out why a club having £2m divided by 17 has a higher figure than a club dividing £2.5m by 29...

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The science that went into that was looking up wage bills, and then dividing that by the amount of first team players you think that club have.

St Johnstone had 19 senior, contracted, players last season, and thats if you include Kennedy who left in January. 

Livingston had 23.

This season St Johnstone sit at 17.

Livingston sit at 29, according to this thread.

Try and figure out why a club having £2m divided by 17 has a higher figure than a club dividing £2.5m by 29...

What's the 2M and 2.5M?

Maley is PT and included in those players, he wont ever play in the Premiership, he's just there for the bantz, and does a bit of coaching with Dykes etc. A few others will be shipped out on loan or released, anyway, not wishing to get into an inverted crowd w**k type debate, just doubt Livi would be offering higher wages than St Johnstone could afford on players.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER