Livingston - all the threads merged

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Robinson isn't exactly a winger though and De Vita is done. I'd say a winger is fairly important for us. Menga isn't exactly inspirational either

Menga and Souda are definitely more left wing. Tiffoney is certainly a right sided player.

Incidentally no-one's mentioned Hamilton?

Edited by Durnford

8 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

We've taken Queens Park striker Salim Kouider-Aissa on trial apparently.

I mean it's just a trial, but he was a League 2 striker last year. It's not giving me the warm feelings.

Interesting that he's from Algeria; Souda's down as French Algerian.

Last season there was a bit of a stir about our "French Connection" until that left back (Savane) left.

22 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Interesting that he's from Algeria; Souda's down as French Algerian.

Last season there was a bit of a stir about our "French Connection" until that left back (Savane) left.

His Dad is Algerian his mum is Scottish.

Menga is explosive and causes disruptions in oppositions defences, also provides an out ball with his pace and strength, but he's not composed on the ball and has a tendency to just run and run into a blind alley and try to battle his way out of it, instead of looking up and passing it to someone.

Basically has his uses, but a dependable winger isn't one of them.
The coaching team did a fair bit of work on Dykes' composure and Souda's defensive attributes with both improving vastly. If we can do the same work on Menga in his natural wide position we could be looking at a beast of a player...as it stands he's a nuisance for opposition defences but we have better creative options.

Kouider-Aissa would be a decent signing I think, good amount of goals recently and would be cheap as f**k I'd think. Can't hurt to have as a back up, he'll probably do better for us than Erskine did in terms of reliability 

19 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Kouider-Aissa would be a decent signing I think, good amount of goals recently and would be cheap as f**k I'd think. Can't hurt to have as a back up, he'll probably do better for us than Erskine did in terms of reliability 

My dad could probably do better than Erskine did last year and he served in the Royal Engineers during the latter parts of the second World War.

16 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

^^^Penalty taker found.

Don't mean to have a downer but some of those goalkeeping displays were just laughable. Quite a few, the headers in particular, had a good chance of going in anyway but some of those attempts made Gary Malley, on a off day, look excellent. His composure for penalty taking was pretty impressive even if his physical build was more reminiscent of Jordyn Sheerin.

We've taken Queens Park striker Salim Kouider-Aissa on trial apparently.
I mean it's just a trial, but he was a League 2 striker last year. It's not giving me the warm feelings.
He scored a double against us last year in the cup and looked very good. It may have been he was trying particularly hard against his former club but I wouldn't have been disappointed if we went for him. That's of course the division below and we were utter shite last season.

15 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Don't mean to have a downer but some of those goalkeeping displays were just laughable. Quite a few, the headers in particular, had a good chance of going in anyway but some of those attempts made Gary Malley, on a off day, look excellent. His composure for penalty taking was pretty impressive even if his physical build was more reminiscent of Jordyn Sheerin.

Didn't miss any, well technically he did miss one but stuck in the rebound, so he still scored.

Yeah noticed he looked a tad lardy arse, still, fitness coaching is pretty good at Livingston, so he'd soon lose a few pounds and get in shape, providing he has the work ethic to do so.

20 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Not really sure there is much in that video to suggest he’s premiership quality.

People did say the same about Dykes....in fact a lot of people said it about our entire team when we were promoted. He's got an eye for goal but these videos don't really show you his full game, glad Gary is having a closer look at him at the club before making a move.

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

People did say the same about Dykes....in fact a lot of people said it about our entire team when we were promoted. He's got an eye for goal but these videos don't really show you his full game, glad Gary is having a closer look at him at the club before making a move.

Yes fair enough, you can never write anyone off for sure. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm not convinced that's true. Dykes was always seen as second fiddle to Dobbie but clearly had something about him at that level.

Normally highlight reels make players look like world beaters, but I really don't see anything impressive there. Yeah he had a great season, but there's levels to this game.