Livingston - all the threads merged

Think Sarkic is out of contract. That would be a great signing if we can pull it off but he will likely be on big bucks. 

Same case with Brown but I am not sure we can take the gamble unless we offload another defender.

Fukkkccc, Lawless going is a nightmare. The statement is worded so as to be ambiguous about who rejected us. I’ve no doubt he’s got a bigger gig lined up/PCA. Wouldn’t surprise me if the likes of McInnes was sniffing about..

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Presumably has a move lined up. Not heard any rumours on that front yet though.

Yeah that makes sense. I wouldn't have thought that Livi would be releasing someone like him who seems to have been a pretty good player for you. We were linked with him a while back under Hughes and would have liked to have seen him at ICT.

Just now, RiG said:

Yeah that makes sense. I wouldn't have thought that Livi would be releasing someone like him who seems to have been a pretty good player for you. We were linked with him a while back under Hughes and would have liked to have seen him at ICT.

Did Jordan White ever sign a new deal with you btw? Been linked back to us if Dykes goes

Just now, crispy said:

As with Halkett and Gallagher, going for free, too 🙄

We've started to work on that though, signing the likes of Devlin, Guthrie. Souda and ehhhhhhhhh Pepe.... to 2 year deals with us holding the option to trigger a 3rd year

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Did Jordan White ever sign a new deal with you btw? Been linked back to us if Dykes goes

Nah he's away, almost certainly off to Motherwell.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Nah he's away, almost certainly off to Motherwell.

Will be interesting to see what happens then, Motherwell seem to be hoovering up free agents - Lamie and Lawless both linked to them too

Jordan White would be a step back for us. Great championship player, but so was Danny Mullen.

Shame about Lawless. Lamie was a solid player for us, and I'd have happily kept him, but CB is arguably where we have the most quality right now so it's not the end of the world. Lawless clearly has a move lined up elsewhere, and I can't blame him for taking it. He's 28/29, get one decent contract at an Aberdeen or a Hibs and rake in the money while you can.

Kinda says everything that Erskine hasn't even been mentioned yet. Never really worked for him here. Hate to say it, but I think De Vita will play a similar role next season - he's not been the same since that knee injury in the playoffs.

Dykes will probably be away as well. At least we're in a strong enough financial situation that we don't have to accept peanuts, even in the current climate. Other than that, I don't think anyone else will be a target - maybe an outside chance of Pitts or Guthrie.

But yeah, seeing that squad list fills me with hope. We've got a really strong squad right now, and that's before some potential new entries. A new keeper would be an improvement, but Stewart did alright when he was with us last season, although admittedly the weakest of the 4. We'll need a Dykes replacement too - we relied on him a little too much this year so we could probably use a 2nd striker. Although we could go back to Dolly & chaosball if needed.

Regarding Sarkic and Brown, I think they're both out of contract. From a couple of interviews, it definitely looks as if Sarkic loved his time here, and is pissed at Villa for taking him back and not even putting him on the bench. I'd love him back, but I imagine Villa were paying him way to much for us to even consider it. Brown might be a more realistic target, and I'd love to se him back as well. Brown/Guthrie/Ambrose/Lithgow is an excellent set of centre-backs

53 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I'm a big lover of Shagz based on his time with us but I am not sure he is good enough for a Top 6 team. 

When I was reading that I thought you were going to say top flight team.:lol:

Bummer Lawless deciding to leave, hopefully Forrest fills his shoes/ boots, the rest i'm not too bothered about. Lamie was decent cover, but with Lithgow & Ambrose signed still, along with McMillan, ATS and Guthrie still here, we should be fine defensivelyl, would be good if we got Brown as well right enough.

If Dykes leaves I really hope it is to an English team and not Sevco, and we get decent dosh for him, would be awesome if he stayed for another season though, that would make my year.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Jordan White would be a step back for us. Great championship player, but so was Danny Mullen.

Shame about Lawless. Lamie was a solid player for us, and I'd have happily kept him, but CB is arguably where we have the most quality right now so it's not the end of the world. Lawless clearly has a move lined up elsewhere, and I can't blame him for taking it. He's 28/29, get one decent contract at an Aberdeen or a Hibs and rake in the money while you can.

Kinda says everything that Erskine hasn't even been mentioned yet. Never really worked for him here. Hate to say it, but I think De Vita will play a similar role next season - he's not been the same since that knee injury in the playoffs.

Dykes will probably be away as well. At least we're in a strong enough financial situation that we don't have to accept peanuts, even in the current climate. Other than that, I don't think anyone else will be a target - maybe an outside chance of Pitts or Guthrie.

But yeah, seeing that squad list fills me with hope. We've got a really strong squad right now, and that's before some potential new entries. A new keeper would be an improvement, but Stewart did alright when he was with us last season, although admittedly the weakest of the 4. We'll need a Dykes replacement too - we relied on him a little too much this year so we could probably use a 2nd striker. Although we could go back to Dolly & chaosball if needed.

Regarding Sarkic and Brown, I think they're both out of contract. From a couple of interviews, it definitely looks as if Sarkic loved his time here, and is pissed at Villa for taking him back and not even putting him on the bench. I'd love him back, but I imagine Villa were paying him way to much for us to even consider it. Brown might be a more realistic target, and I'd love to se him back as well. Brown/Guthrie/Ambrose/Lithgow is an excellent set of centre-backs

Best of luck with De Vita who was very poor in the Championship last season.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agree with most of that. Forrest has some really big shoes to fill but I am hopeful he can step up. 

De Vita needs a good preseason behind him and a run of games. Not sure what his best position is now.

Glad Tiffoney is getting another chance as he has the ability to tear teams apart with his pace. Needs to work on his end product this year. 

De Vita's best position is in the stand.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Lawless or Lamie would be a good pickup for most clubs in the league.

I dare say from a St. Mirren point of view, Lamie is far more realistic than Lawless who will end up at a bigger club.

Lamie is meant to be going to Motherwell, should do ok there, they seem quite similar to us in how they play, and Lamie likes to put himself about.

So after the announcements of release and return from loan etc. I reckon we have the following squad. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Keepers

Ross Stewart

Gary Maley

Brian Schwake

Defenders

Jack McMillan

Nicky Devlin

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

Cece Pepe

Alan Lithgow (inj)

Jon Guthrie

Effie Ambrose

Hakeem Odoffin

Midfielders

Steve Lawson (can also play at right back)

Marvin Bartley

Keaghan Jacobs

Craig Sibbald

Scott Robinson

Robbie Crawford

Scott Pittman

Carlos Pignatiello

Alan Forrest

Ayman Souda

Scott Tiffoney (can also play up front)

Dolly Menga (can also play up front)

Forwards

Lyndon Dykes

Jack Hamilton

Rafa Da Vita (can also play on the wing)

Based on that, I reckon we don't need that many in. I reckon a new keeper, a centre half to replace Brown and possibly another striker.

Edited by spiggle

1 hour ago, spiggle said:

So after the announcements of release and return from loan etc. I reckon we have the following squad. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Keepers

Ross Stewart

Gary Maley

Brian Schwake

Defenders

Jack McMillan

Nicky Devlin

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

Cece Pepe

Alan Lithgow (inj)

Jon Guthrie

Effie Ambrose

Hakeem Odoffin

Midfielders

Steve Lawson (can also play at right back)

Marvin Bartley

Keaghan Jacobs

Craig Sibbald

Scott Robinson

Robbie Crawford

Carlos Pignatiello

Alan Forrest

Ayman Souda

Scott Tiffoney (can also play up front)

Dolly Menga (can also play up front)

Forwards

Lyndon Dykes

Jack Hamilton

Rafa Da Vita (can also play on the wing)

Based on that, I reckon we don't need that many in. I reckon a new keeper, a centre half to replace Brown and possibly another striker.

My failed-player-armchair-gaffer-review:

GK: Since i've no idea what Brian Schwake is like i think we might need one in.

LB: Happy that Aaron Taylor-Sinclair has signed. I was about to say i think we need some pace in that position but realised McMillan is playing in there also.

CB: Seems as though neither Cece Pepe or Alan Lithgow are going to be starters with Guthrie and Ambrose to be first choice.

RB: Good options.

Midfield: I think we are fine in the middle but could do with another 1-2 wide players as we have lost Lawless and needed someone opposite him last year; neither Souda or Dolly convince me. Edit: forgot about Robbo who is a good option.

Striker: I don't see Rafa featuring much and see Tiffs as likely to start ahead of him. I think we need another big guy up top.

Ofcourse money is going to be tighter so who knows if we'll be able to do any business.

Edited by crispy