Livingston - all the threads merged

The Sun (I know I know) reporting that Stoke are set to divert their interest from Sam Cosgrove to Lyndon Dykes as he won't command the same multi million pound fee. Would hope we would be pushing for a couple of million at the very least with how integral Lyndon is to the way we play.

Wouldnt trust that rag as far as i could throw it.Big money would surely be required if we were to even consider any approach from anyone for our prized asset. We know we are going to lose him eventualy, wee would be fools not to hold out for as much as possible.Would be hard to replace,hes that good,imo.

• 1 month later...

Kinda gets boring Atlis going over the same old thing over and over again.Till we can get things sorted out in Scottish football maybe people are reluctant to post without going round in circles.Undoubtly when things start moving a proper manner, think youl find fans will come out of said hibernation.Till then we will just have to be patient and grin and bare it.Stay safe.

Finishing 5th. Absolutely outstanding achievement, but in the circumstances it feels a little hollow.

Outstanding job by everyone involved. Hopefully some magic happens that allows us all to get back into stadia by August, but I wouldn't bet on it.

At least we now get to prepare for next season. Hopefully we see Lawless & Dykes again next year, or if not then I hope Dykes goes for 7 figures.

Yeah, ATS will probably stick around, which would be decent business. I suspect that if Lawless wanted to stick around he'd have signed a new deal by now, and will be out the door. Which is a shame, but noone can blame him at 29 looking for the biggest contract of his career after a season like this one.

Who all is out of contract? Lawless is the biggest one, I think Odoffin might be? Other than that, I have no idea.

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We end the season with our second best finish ever and a positive goal difference. It's been a very enjoyable one.

7 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Finishing 5th. Absolutely outstanding achievement, but in the circumstances it feels a little hollow.

Outstanding job by everyone involved. Hopefully some magic happens that allows us all to get back into stadia by August, but I wouldn't bet on it.

At least we now get to prepare for next season. Hopefully we see Lawless & Dykes again next year, or if not then I hope Dykes goes for 7 figures.

It is a great achievement but I'm gutted Livi didn't get the chance to see out the fight for Euro place. We had one game against 'Well (1 win in last 10 games) and two against Aberdeen remaining. Thought we were in with a good chance of taking a spot. That Motherwell have won only 46% of their games and lost one more than us; and with an almost identical GD record, says that there isn't a lot between us and them, for me.

Edited by crispy

4 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Yeah, ATS will probably stick around, which would be decent business. I suspect that if Lawless wanted to stick around he'd have signed a new deal by now, and will be out the door. Which is a shame, but noone can blame him at 29 looking for the biggest contract of his career after a season like this one.

Who all is out of contract? Lawless is the biggest one, I think Odoffin might be? Other than that, I have no idea.

It wouldn't surprise if Lawless was interesting bigger clubs so I fear he will move on, along with Dykes.

We threw away so many points from winning positions and didn't pick up many that were undeserved on the balance of play. I am sure other teams will say the same but I agree with you, crispy - there was not much between us and the two teams above us.

Motivation for next season.

Goalkeepers

1. Ross Stewart - 2021

30. Brian Schwake - 2021 (?)

40. Gary Maley - 2021

Defenders

2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)

4. Alan Lithgow - 2021

14. Hakeem Odoffin - 2021

15. Cece Pepe - 2021 (1 year extension option)

21. Jack McMillan - 2022

25. Efe Ambrose - 2021

27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)

Midfielders

6. Marvin Bartley - 2022

7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022

8. Scott Pittman - 2021

10. Craig Sibbald - 2022

16. Robbie Crawford - 2021

33. Steve Lawson - 2021

Forwards

9. Lyndon Dykes - 2022

17. Scott Robinson - 2021

20. Aymen Souda - 2021 (1 year extension option)

23. Raffaele De Vita - 2021

24. Dolly Menga - 2021(?)

38. Jack Hamilton - 2022

Alan Forrest - 2022

Out of Contract

5. Ricki Lamie

11. Steven Lawless

19. Chris Erskine

22. Scott Tiffoney

29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

37. Craig Henderson (Unsure on this?)

39. Carlo Pignatiello (Unsure on this?)

In

Alan Forrest - Ayr United

Out

Robbie McCrorie - Rangers (Loan Return)

Ciaron Brown - Cardiff (Loan Return)

Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)

Edited by EdinburghLivi

We've been fantastic at bringing in keepers the last few seasons, Alexander, Kelly & Sarkic were all outstanding. Same goes for defenders, after losing Halkett & Gallagher it was a huge hole to fill, but Guthrie has certainly done that, and Brown coming back on loan for a 2nd stint paired up nicely to form a formidable CB pairing. Devlin & ATS also worked out well with us switching to a back 4, and having big Marv in there protecting the midfield helped too.

Anyway, bit of a damp squib to the season ending with a lockdown/shutdown, but a well deserved 5th place finish for the team, hopefully we'll get to vote for PoTY, and have those awards handed out, some worthy nominations this season, in our 2nd best Premiership season in our history.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Goalkeepers

1. Ross Stewart - 2021

40. Gary Maley - Rolling

Defenders

2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)

4. Alan Lithgow - 2021

14. Hakeem Odoffin - 2021

15. Cece Pepe - 2021 (1 year extension option)

21. Jack McMillan - 2022

25. Efe Ambrose - 2021

27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)

33. Steve Lawson - 2021

Midfielders

6. Marvin Bartley - 2022

7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022

8. Scott Pittman - 2021

10. Craig Sibbald - 2022

16. Robbie Crawford - 2021

Forwards

9. Lyndon Dykes - 2022

17. Scott Robinson - 2021

20. Aymen Souda - 2021 (1 year extension option)

23. Raffaele De Vita - 2021

38. Jack Hamilton - 2022

Alan Forrest - 2022

Out of Contract

5. Ricki Lamie

11. Steven Lawless

19. Chris Erskine

22. Scott Tiffoney

24. Dolly Menga (Unsure on this?)

29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

30. Brian Schwake (Unsure on this?)

37. Craig Henderson (Unsure on this?)

39. Carlo Pignatiello (Unsure on this?)

In

Alan Forrest - Ayr United

Out

Robbie McCrorie - Rangers (Loan Return)

Ciaron Brown - Cardiff (Loan Return)

Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)

Only thing I think is Dolly having another year - he signed an extension to make up for going out on loan. Let's get Devlin and Guthrie extended ASAP though!

Reckon we'll see Lawless go, and Dykes will go for no less than 7 figures barring an absolute scandal on our part. 

Saw that Scougall is out of contract atm, we'd need a striker too - huge step up and he turned us down before but Nathan Austin? Scored something like 48 goals in 36 games with Kelty, then again I'm sure Jordyn Sheerin had similar numbers :D 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Only thing I think is Dolly having another year - he signed an extension to make up for going out on loan. Let's get Devlin and Guthrie extended ASAP though!

Reckon we'll see Lawless go, and Dykes will go for no less than 7 figures barring an absolute scandal on our part. 

Saw that Scougall is out of contract atm, we'd need a striker too - huge step up and he turned us down before but Nathan Austin? Scored something like 48 goals in 36 games with Kelty, then again I'm sure Jordyn Sheerin had similar numbers :D 

Yeah, I think you're right as Callum Caron mentioned it when he was about to move.  Will amend.

Agree with you on Lawless leaving which may mean Souda coming in more regularly with Rafa as backup. I don't think we will be bringing many in given the money we stand to lose. 

Would rather see Jack Hamilton getting a chance than us going for Austin - he's not shown much above League 1 level. 

22 hours ago, crispy said:

It is a great achievement but I'm gutted Livi didn't get the chance to see out the fight for Euro place. We had one game against 'Well (1 win in last 10 games) and two against Aberdeen remaining. Thought we were in with a good chance of taking a spot. That Motherwell have won only 46% of their games and lost one more than us; and with an almost identical GD record, says that there isn't a lot between us and them, for me.

Well there is the small stat of Motherwell having seven more points, that’s quite a gap. Personally I think there are two Livi teams, the one that plays at home and takes full advantage of the pitch and the one you sometimes see away from home who look a whole level lower at times. There is no doubt that they have done amazingly well given the budget though so fair play.