Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, hoobahabba said:
2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Surprised Sarkic is being picked over Kelly, did Kelly not have around 18 clean sheets? 

Had a better defence in front of him. Sarkic is a better goalie. I always thought Kelly was overrated due to being young and Scottish.

I liked Sarkic's kicking right enough, set up a good few attacks, and Dykes for his goal against Celtic for our historical win over them. Don't agree he was a better keeper than Kelly though, think we've had 4 different keepers this season and our home form is the best outside of Celtic and Sevco, so don't think our defence is doing too badly in front of those keepers.

Record profit of £368k for Y/E June 2019. Very impressive stuff and an appropriate use of "remember where we were".

Accounts

£756k still owed to presumably Neil Rankine, Ged Nixon and Gordon MacDougall which is not repayable on demand and only when the club is in a 'viable position'. The shutdown is a pisser as all the cash at bank we have built up will be whittled away. 

Was happy to donate to the club last week. They will be getting in a minimum of £2.5k a month based on current donations numbers and I imagine that figure will be higher when business donations are considered. Probably looking at around a £50k donation from fans over the next 14 months which is brilliant. 

34 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Record profit of £368k for Y/E June 2019. Very impressive stuff and an appropriate use of "remember where we were".

Accounts

£756k still owed to presumably Neil Rankine, Ged Nixon and Gordon MacDougall which is not repayable on demand and only when the club is in a 'viable position'. The shutdown is a pisser as all the cash at bank we have built up will be whittled away. 

Was happy to donate to the club last week. They will be getting in a minimum of £2.5k a month based on current donations numbers and I imagine that figure will be higher when business donations are considered. Probably looking at around a £50k donation from fans over the next 14 months which is brilliant. 

That is fairly incredible stuff, and as you say, the shutdown is a bit of a pisser as all the momentum of the season is gone.

In saying that, if we do, as expected, cash in on Dykes when football eventually comes back again, you'd have to imagine that would make a sizeable dent out of that £756k.

Still a long way to go but give me a position like we are in now over the previous Monopoly money economics of old any day of the week.

Finance and Livingston Fc dont traditionally go hand in hand due to the ineptitude of previous incumbants at our club.Our ability to self implode just when everything looks rosey is legendery. So pleasing to at last see a light however small at the end of the tunnel.As others have said,its a bummer about this shutdown just when things were looking up.Tough times ahead for most clubs including ours.Would hope that we can get through this albeit how difficult its going to be.Keep yer chins up Lions and we,l beat this.🦁 👌 ❤ 

Amidst all the doom and gloom at the moment,has to be said a shrewd peice of buisness by the club in securing the services of Alan Forrest for the next two seasons.Have seen him a few times for Ayr Utd and must say ive been immpressed. He comes with a decent pedigree, and i for one cant wait to see him at Livi.Whenever that will be.Welcome Alan. 

Looking only at football, I’m unbelievably sad and frustrated that we won’t get the chance to chase down Aberdeen and Motherwell. We’ve really come good this second half of the season and I’d fancy our chances to beat those two teams directly above us. Who’d have thought a pandemic would curtail our meteoric rise?

Agreed.Its been a couragous effort from the lads to get us where we are.Reckon we are going to have to suck it up though as it looks like we are not going to get the chance to challenge for that Euro spot.Would have been interesting had we had the opportunitie to do so.Nevertheless we will have the opportunitie to do so again when hopefully this scurge is gone from us.Stay safe.P.🦁