Livingston - all the threads merged

Overreaction as per. Genuine complaints like his should be sent through the official channels, not tagging someone's personal twitter account and expecting a response and action.

That said, Ward's response shouldn't have been as aggressive.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 hours ago, Afro said:

I quite like Ward but he comes across as a bit of a fud here. Not a good look.

Looking at his twitter page, he's curt in most of his tweets, and has strong opinions that doesn't hold back on whatever subject he's tweeting about. As EL said though, it isn't the place to be making complaints, but he should maybe wind back with his aggressiveness, he's making himself an easy target given his position at Livi, even though it's his private twitter account.

31 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

New deal for McMillan, he's earned it lately. Wasn't keen on him but in this new year he's definitely got a lot better

Good bit of business...he's never disappointed when hes had a chance and his ability to play anywhere across the back is such a bonus. Hopefully having guys like Efe around to learn from will help Jack improve even more.

Not much to talk about, other than when/if the season will resume, or what the options will be if it doesn't.

Leaving that aside, or for other threads on P&B, this season's team v last season's team.

Not sure we're any better this season, or it is more to do with other teams being worse, that we're sitting 5th, points wise I think we're about the same. However, what would be our best eleven players from both seasons.

Kelly in goals v Sarkic, i'd have Kelly.

Defenders are tough to pick from, Halkett was the best from last season but Gallagher playing the ball out from defence and going down the right wing was superb, he had a great pass on him too, as his time at Motherwell is showing, he's been a big part of their success. Guthrie has been immense for us this season though, so really tough choosing between them, and arguably Devlin in a back 4 replaces Gallagher.

Midfield is a bit easier, as much as I loved Byrne, i'd say Marv has been a better player for us this season, the main problem is the quality we have to choose from, just picking 4 more midfielders.

Up front is the easiest choice, Hardie v Dykes, hands down Dykes has been far better and more consistent, the works he puts in, his goals, and the amount of assists he has.

So my pick and formation choice would be.

Kelly

Gallagher       Guthrie       Halkett

Devlin    Bartley    Sibbald    Pittman   ATS

Lawless

Dykes

No idea if having Halkett and Guthrie both playing would work, but too tough a choice leaving one of them out. Not having Lithgow or Brown for their long throw ins is a problem though, both Guthrie and Halkett get a lot of goals from them.