Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

I'm pretty sure the point he was making was that based on budget and size of club etc Rangers (throwing money about at everyone and anyone, playing in the knockout stages of Europe) should be destroying teams like Livingston (small budget, even smaller fanbase). I've forgot the full extent of the discussion though so might be wrong.

I couldn't believe what Halkett said when he said it, and I still struggle to see why he thought it made sense other than to please the fans. Would still welcome him back home though, would be a good backup.

Still is a lot of bollocks to come out with, we've already shown we're here on merit, and budget, size of club/support, has no bearing on what we can do on the pitch. Promotion to the Premiership, comfortably staying up, and have beaten every team bar Aberdeen since doing so. Even looking like a top 6 place in our 2nd season, so just why should Sevco be destroying us at Ibrox?

Even Holt is getting fed up with the 'we should just be trying to get 11th place on our budget' patter, don't mind us playing it down at the start of the season, but mon tae feck, who are we trying to still kid that we're not a lot better than 10th or 11th place, and aren't now looking at top 6 and maybe a European place.

The DR reporting that Motherwell are after Lamie on a PCA to get him for free in the Summer.

He's a great utility player for us, but I doubt he'll want to stay if Motherwell are offering him more money and regular games.  He's now 4th/5th choice CB, and has dropped to 2nd choice LB/LWB too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Indeed; good luck to him.

He's also done a fair bit of work for local charities but never crowed about it. 

Really nice guy despite the fact that he persists in being taller than me. Always put 100% in when paying for us - in particular I believe Christopher Jullien's will remember him

Wouldn't grudge Lamie the move...seems a hard working, honest professional as well as a pretty decent guy. As others have said, he may struggle to get into the team with the defensive cover we've got now. Can see Lithgow having the same troubles getting back into the team now as well.

I would prefer him to stay but, like other's, wouldn't begrudge him a move. Has been a really useful utility player and we don't know what's going to happen in the summer.

Also really useful player to have if an opponent tries to bully us; certainly able to give as good as he gets.

My only complaint could possibly be his acceleration speed but then again he is a pretty big guy. 

And let us all remember this is currently only "paper talk"; we don't even know whether any approach has been made yet let alone how he would view it.

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I was approached to give my views on Ricki Lamie and what I thought of him as a player, everything covered has pretty much been said but feel free to give it a read. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-target-ricki-lamie-profiled-21588569

Was just in the middle of posting some more thoughts on him, but you've covered everything in that article so I wont bother.:thumsup2

41 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I was approached to give my views on Ricki Lamie and what I thought of him as a player, everything covered has pretty much been said but feel free to give it a read. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-target-ricki-lamie-profiled-21588569

Sorry but I'm actually a little concerned that some of this reads like the player has already been approached by Motherwell and decided to leave.

Surely statements like "he can easily be replaced" and there are "many in front of him in the pecking order", whether accurate or not, can hardly help with the player confidence.

As far as I am concerned Rickie is still a Livi player until I hear something more concrete to the contrary. Maybe he will decide to leave although, currently, we really don't know who we'll have in the team come the summer.

McMillan has consistently been in this positing for the past three seasons (I think) but still manages to get a start even if its not guaranteed every game.

33 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Sorry but I'm actually a little concerned that some of this reads like the player has already been approached by Motherwell and decided to leave.

Surely statements like "he can easily be replaced" and there are "many in front of him in the pecking order", whether accurate or not, can hardly help with the player confidence.

As far as I am concerned Rickie is still a Livi player until I hear something more concrete to the contrary. Maybe he will decide to leave although, currently, we really don't know who we'll have in the team come the summer.

McMillan has consistently been in this positing for the past three seasons (I think) but still manages to get a start even if its not guaranteed every game.

At no time did I write anything saying he could easily be replaced, not sure where that’s came from and it’s general knowledge that there are players now in front of him, that’s not derogatory that’s just fact. 

Its my understanding he is keeping his options open and hasn’t signed a new deal with the club, all signs lead to one thing. 

Good luck to him.

Edited by andylivi1

Actually good thing for us that he isn't a first choice starter, with us having a chance of competing with Motherwell for a European place this is exactly the sort of thing that could unsettle a player, the cynic in me is a bit suspicious of the timing of it all. Wonder if Aberdeen will also put it out there they're after one of our players. 

Lamie is a fine squad player and truthfully I’d much rather he was retained than Lithgow, given he can cover centre half and left back. Would be quite disappointed to see him go as he’s perfectly adequate at this level for most games. No doubt that Brown, Guthrie and Ambrose are better players, though, and he’d be on a far better wage at Motherwell than anything we would ever offer.

Main priority’s got to be retaining Lawless; losing him would be a monumental blow.

4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

At no time did I write anything saying he could easily be replaced, not sure where that’s came from and it’s general knowledge that there are players now in front of him, that’s not derogatory that’s just fact. 

Basically it was my reading of the statement:

I’m very confident we could replace Ricki with someone alike or better heading into next season.