Livingston - all the threads merged

Yea, i think switching it up and having Dykes starting position is a good move as he can get a run on at defence as opposed to being up, central and marked. I think he sucks players out of position there and noticed against St Mirren where he'd flick a header on for the overlapping player. The versatility of the current squad is great.

19 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

He hasn't kicked a ball competatively since he left you guys. That's concerning.
But we all know how good he is.
Pretty happy but will wait to see how it turns out.

He hadn't played for almost a year before he signed on the "emergency" loan for Hibs. I think his last appearance for Celtic was in their CL qualifiers (July 2016) and he didn't sign for Hibs until late Feb / early March 2017. He came in to the team straight away and was sound from the start - he got MOM in a key win at Tannadice that was about two weeks after he signed. Maybe it's slightly different this time in that he apparently went back to Nigeria after leaving Derby, but I think he should be good to go fairly soon. Great pro.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

I see Ambrose is actually classed as a defensive midfielder who can also play as a CB or FB.

That seems to fit with the current ethos of the club in having players that are adaptable to multiple positions - about the only players that haven't been asked to play in different positions have been Dykes and the goalkeepers.

Wonder if he's going to start against Hibs taking up Marv's place in midfield, with Marv out injured.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wonder if he's going to start against Hibs taking up Marv's place in midfield, with Marv out injured.

Do we know what the deal is with Marv's injury? Still yet to read anything about it. Would be a massive blow if it's for an extended period. He's defo in the hat for player of 2/3rds of the season.

58 minutes ago, crispy said:

Do we know what the deal is with Marv's injury? Still yet to read anything about it. Would be a massive blow if it's for an extended period. He's defo in the hat for player of 2/3rds of the season.

Only thing I know is it was an ankle knock, hoping it isn't anything serious, but might still be too soon for him to be back against Hibs. Took Dykes a while to get over his one from Helander, and playing  a few times when his ankle wasn't properly healed didn't help, as it kept swelling back up afterwards.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Disgracefull decision. Surely when Aitken has seen this back he must realise hes made a horrendous mistake.Referees should be made accountable for such blatant incompotence. Really hope Caley take this further.Theve got the footballing comunity right behind them.Shame on the bungling SFA. 

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Surprise, surprise. The referee that gave James Keatings the ridiculous second yellow card for diving on Saturday was Greg Aitken.

How is this guy still paid to officiate? 

And he's the referee v Hibs on Saturday. Wonder which Livi player will be sent off this time. 😏

10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
He's the 4th official, Newlands is the ref. No doubt Aitken will tell Newlands to send one of our players off though.

It's gonna be Efe isn't it

Maybe he'll stick to doing what 4th officials usually do, and just get Newlands over to book the management team, 2 yellow cards for Holt incoming.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Saw an interview with Halkett earlier where he said "When I signed [last summer] I didn’t expect to be in this situation (...)"

Wonder if he regrets it

He’s said a few times that he’s at a club with ‘better players and it’s more professional’ and he’s making more money at a bigger club so I’m sure he’s delighted.  

Edited by crispy

3 hours ago, crispy said:

He’s said a few times that he’s at a club with ‘better players and it’s more professional’ and he’s making more money at a bigger club so I’m sure he’s delighted.  

Dunno about better players, i'd take Dykes over any of their strikers, Naismith and Halkett are about the only two Hearts players that would get near our team.

Actually I think that's Hearts problem, c***s think they're too good to go down, if that was the case they wouldn't be where they are at this stage of the season. We all know Accies are experts at avoiding the drop, they'll pull out the odd result here and there that nobody thinks they'll get, really can see Hearts going down.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Actually I think that's Hearts problem, c***s think they're too good to go down

They definitely do.

Yer man Halkett was claiming theyll struggle as they're not used to a relegation battle, but teams like St Johnstone are.

Youd have no idea they were relegated a few years ago.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They definitely do.

Yer man Halkett was claiming theyll struggle as they're not used to a relegation battle, but teams like St Johnstone are.

Youd have no idea they were relegated a few years ago.

Aye I heard that 'teams like' patter being used on a view from the terrace, talking about Livi, and how Sevco should be destroying 'a team like Livi' at Ibrox, c***s have never destroyed us in any game they've played us, home or away, grass or plastic, never, so fucked if I know why someone would say they should.

Halkett has obv been brainwashed into this mindset by the rest of them there, they aint sitting bottom of the league by accident, or because of bad luck, not at this stage of the season.

I do feel sorry for Halkett though, relatively speaking. Absolute heroics for Livi after taking the drop. He deserved a move to a club that are fashionable enough to help him fulfil international ambitions. 
I don’t think Hearts deserved to sign him last year and I said that at the time. A well-performing team like Killie, for me, deserved the reward of a player like him not Hearts who simply existed as a large club at the time (and still so).

Anyway, our wee diddy club is flying at the moment. We all know that we must capitalise on it now. 

Edited by crispy

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye I heard that 'teams like' patter being used on a view from the terrace, talking about Livi, and how Sevco should be destroying 'a team like Livi' at Ibrox, c***s have never destroyed us in any game they've played us, home or away, grass or plastic, never, so fucked if I know why someone would say they should.

I'm pretty sure the point he was making was that based on budget and size of club etc Rangers (throwing money about at everyone and anyone, playing in the knockout stages of Europe) should be destroying teams like Livingston (small budget, even smaller fanbase). I've forgot the full extent of the discussion though so might be wrong.

I couldn't believe what Halkett said when he said it, and I still struggle to see why he thought it made sense other than to please the fans. Would still welcome him back home though, would be a good backup.