Livingston - all the threads merged

Along with many other I suspect that Pepe will be away but also I think there's a question mark about Lithgow. How many times has he now tried to come back after injury/hernia opp and dropped off for a while again. He's 32 in a few weeks time and I suspect his chances of getting back into top flight football aren't looking that rosy.

Could be wrong though - he's already proved me wrong about being able to lift his game to the premiership which I didnt think he had a chance when we watched him in the first division.

50 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Efe was brilliant for us, can’t help but feel let down by the way he left though.

It’ll maybe take him a while to get going but I’d guess he’ll be your standout player before the end of the season. Hope I never have to see him somersault against us. 

Efe didn't somersault when he scored the first goal in that 2-2 game against Celtic at ER in late 2017. I suspect if he scores against us, he might lay off the celebrations...

I suspect Cece Pepe will be away (actually forgot he existed). Would not be against Brown being signed at the end of the season as he has looked not bad since a pretty shaky debut, which would leave us with him, Ambrose, Guthrie, Lithgow and Lamie (latter covering both CB and LB in all likelihood).

Certainly well stacked but another forward would’ve been good.

A fully fit tuned in Ambrose would be an addition to any team in the league. He certainly isn't fully fit, not match fit anyway. 

Really not sure we need him, would much rather Lawless was given a new deal. Hey ho though. Hope he does us a turn. 

Ambrose is a class signing. How many players have we signed that rock up with an international tournament win on their CV along with numerous titles and cups. Born winner. 

Heard that Lithgow had further health issues come up after getting his appendix out. Further bowel issues that could probably put his career in doubt which is a massive shame for the guy. Reckon he'll be out the door

That is very sad, if so. If he is interested in pursuing coaching, I hope we can offer him something in the new development setup. 

He is a real inspiration to talented part-time players who have been rejected by multiple clubs. Keep working hard and you can revive your career and play at a good level.

Ambrose is a class signing. How many players have we signed that rock up with an international tournament win on their CV along with numerous titles and cups. Born winner. 

Heard that Lithgow had further health issues come up after getting his appendix out. Further bowel issues that could probably put his career in doubt which is a massive shame for the guy. Reckon he'll be out the door

Ooft, that would be rough. Either way, he’s arguably our 5th choice CB now, and is likely to leave in the summer.

And I honestly can’t believe the negativity around Ambrose. Easily our biggest signing since Kachloul. Won AFCON, was the best CB in the league before he left Hibs a year ago. Signings like that don’t come along every day. Recruitment at this club has been fucking outstanding for the last 3 years.

29 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Ooft, that would be rough. Either way, he’s arguably our 5th choice CB now, and is likely to leave in the summer.

And I honestly can’t believe the negativity around Ambrose. Easily our biggest signing since Kachloul. Won AFCON, was the best CB in the league before he left Hibs a year ago. Signings like that don’t come along every day. Recruitment at this club has been fucking outstanding for the last 3 years.

Can't argue with that, it was a massive rebuild this season with the key players we lost during the summer, yet we're doing better this season than last, and have coped really well with injuries and the restart after the winter shutdown. Just look at the amount of changes we've had in our defence and GK's, last season we had a defence that knew one another, had been together for over 2 seasons, the quality in our squad to be able to chop and change so much dealing with injuries, illnesses and suspensions has been incredible.

Yeh,cant argue with that.Our recruitment over the years is testament as to where we are as a club at the moment.As for Effe, yes he can be a bomb scare at times but for me he may prove the doubters wrong.We have a habit of giving players a second chance at our club.And he no doubt has pedigree that hopefully will stand him in good stead.Time will tell.Welcome Effe. 

I see Ambrose is actually classed as a defensive midfielder who can also play as a CB or FB.

That seems to fit with the current ethos of the club in having players that are adaptable to multiple positions - about the only players that haven't been asked to play in different positions have been Dykes and the goalkeepers.

I see Ambrose is actually classed as a defensive midfielder who can also play as a CB or FB.
That seems to fit with the current ethos of the club in having players that are adaptable to multiple positions - about the only players that haven't been asked to play in different positions have been Dykes and the goalkeepers.
I noticed against St Mirren Dykes played on the wing for a spell allowing dolly to go central.