Livingston - all the threads merged

Actually the 2011 census had the population of Livingston as 56,269. The figure quoted will presumably include all settlements where Livingston FC is the nearest club. Therefore I expect it to include the Calders; Bathgate; Broxburn etc. but not Linlithgow (Falkirk nearest); Newbridge (Hearts nearest) or Shotts (Motherwell nearest?). 
South-wise is a bit of a mystery though; in some ways we're almost clear to the boarders....
Livingston is closer to Shotts but barely....I'm in Carstairs and Livi and Motherwell are equal distance (give or take a mile or 2)

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Actually the 2011 census had the population of Livingston as 56,269. The figure quoted will presumably include all settlements where Livingston FC is the nearest club. Therefore I expect it to include the Calders; Bathgate; Broxburn etc. but not Linlithgow (Falkirk nearest); Newbridge (Hearts nearest) or Shotts (Motherwell nearest?). 

South-wise is a bit of a mystery though; in some ways we're almost clear to the boarders....

Just done a search on it and could only find a 2014 census on West Lothian, the projected population in 2020 was 180,000 though, so not far off what was put up. Makes no odds though, Livingston and the surrounding towns in West Lothian have strong Sevco & Celtic fanbases, and a lot of Hearts & Hibs following too.

16 hours ago, Widge said:

Just out of curiosity, how are St Johnstone stuttering? We’ve lost 2 of our last 14 games!

Since the Winter Break :- 

Lost to us, beat a struggling Kilmarnock by a goal, lost to Celtic, drew with a poor Hearts, beat Aberdeen (who were struggling for goals), struggled to beat 10 men Ayr, struggled to beat 10 men Motherwell, drew with Ross County.

You've done well to gain points but really have been stuttering in most games. Unfortunately your games before us are against the Ugly Sisters and away to St Mirren which could very well end with 0 points.

4 minutes ago, spiggle said:

Since the Winter Break :- 

Lost to us, beat a struggling Kilmarnock by a goal, lost to Celtic, drew with a poor Hearts, beat Aberdeen (who were struggling for goals), struggled to beat 10 men Ayr, struggled to beat 10 men Motherwell, drew with Ross County.

You've done well to gain points but really have been stuttering in most games. Unfortunately your games before us are against the Ugly Sisters and away to St Mirren which could very well end with 0 points.

We certainly didnt "struggle" to beat Aberdeen or Ayr, against Ayr we hit the post at least twice and only faced one shot on target the whole game, all that in 50mph winds that was moving the ball as folk ran with it.

Blew both Motherwell and County away but a frankly abysmal goalkeeper cost us in both games. The same goalkeeper shipped a goal against Hearts from absolutely nothing, then they scored a wonder goal.

We're only "stuttering" because our keeper is chucking goals in.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I can’t understand why we haven’t signed Efe. Enjoy watching him, a Rolls Royce of a player.
He hasn't kicked a ball competatively since he left you guys. That's concerning.
But we all know how good he is.
Pretty happy but will wait to see how it turns out.

Think it’s a class signing and it’ll probably take him some time to get back up to speed. We now have so many cb’s though, Lithgow, Guthrie, brown, lamie, pepe and Ambrose. I think pepe and lamie will be gone at the end of the season, but I would’ve liked to try get brown again next season with his contract expiring at Cardiff. Not sure what our best pairing between Guthrie, Brown and Ambrose will be. 

4 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Think it’s a class signing and it’ll probably take him some time to get back up to speed. We now have so many cb’s though, Lithgow, Guthrie, brown, lamie, pepe and Ambrose. I think pepe and lamie will be gone at the end of the season, but I would’ve liked to try get brown again next season with his contract expiring at Cardiff. Not sure what our best pairing between Guthrie, Brown and Ambrose will be. 

Ambrose plus AN Other

He plays his best stuff in a back 3. Which makes it even crazier that we didn't offer him a contract.

Very, very jealous that you have signed him. He has a natural fitness which should mean it doesn't take him too long to get back up to speed. His kryptonite, Gary Mackay-Steven, has also left the league.

Interesting one! Does look like he can play a bit when i've seen him, too. Glad to read the positive reports. What are the weaker parts of his game? I can't think of any specific gaffs but the idea of him being robbed with the ball comes to mind. In descending order of current favour: Guthrie> Brown> Lithgow/Lamie(/unproven Pepe). I imagine we'll be losing at least one of those guys. 

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Ambrose plus AN Other

At the moment it's Guthrie plus AN Other.

Brown has settled in beside him though, Ambrose will need to earn his place like anyone else at Livi. Exciting signing though, but could be next season before we get the best out of him if he hasn't had a game for such a long time. Obv must've been struggling or we wouldn't have managed to sign him.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

At the moment it's Guthrie plus AN Other.

Brown has settled in beside him though, Ambrose will need to earn his place like anyone else at Livi. Exciting signing though, but could be next season before we get the best out of him if he hasn't had a game for such a long time. Obv must've been struggling or we wouldn't have managed to sign him.

Aye, possibly right.

Lots of Hibs fans saying he is naturally fit..........which he is............but a year out is a long time.

Cracking player when on song though.

As to how you managed to sign him? I think he really enjoyed life in this part of the world and Livi is not a million miles away. I suspect its less about cash and more about his desire to be playing and living in the area.

6 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

He plays his best stuff in a back 3. Which makes it even crazier that we didn't offer him a contract.

Very, very jealous that you have signed him. He has a natural fitness which should mean it doesn't take him too long to get back up to speed. His kryptonite, Gary Mackay-Steven, has also left the league.

18 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Could go back to a back 3 then, or at least have that as an option for tactically switching to it in games. Guthrie, Brown & Ambrose.

Lamie like McMillan is a good utility player for a FB position, so I think we'll keep him for next season.

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Aye, possibly right.

Lots of Hibs fans saying he is naturally fit..........which he is............but a year out is a long time.

As to how you managed to sign him? I think he really enjoyed life in this part of the world and Livi is not a million miles away. I suspect its less about cash and more about his desire to be playing and living in the area.

After Marvin Bartley, maybe Livingston is going to be the retirement home for old Hibees that still want to stay in Edinburgh. I'll expect our entire back line to be playing for Livi two seasons hence...

Edited by Aim Here

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Aye, possibly right.

That was why Marv said he signed for us, so possibly the same with Efe yep.

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

After Marvin Bartley, maybe Livingston is going to be the retirement home for old Hibees that still want to stay in Edinburgh. I'll expect our entire back line to be playing for Livi two seasons hence...

Wouldn't want any of your current back line going on what they've been like this season. Marv has been brilliant for us, possibly PoTY, hopefully Efe is a success too.

Efe was brilliant for us, can’t help but feel let down by the way he left though.

It’ll maybe take him a while to get going but I’d guess he’ll be your standout player before the end of the season. Hope I never have to see him somersault against us.